• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol AmethystEnd is a gun hoarder.

Indeed I am. And stats, like you asked:

zPqhw6B.png

Spy

It's weird that they would highlight the attack number instead of the impact number. As far as I can tell the impact is the actual damage your weapon can do, but attack is your ability to damage higher leveled enemies. But if PvP is supposed to be balanced, your attack number is useless, on impact matters....or am I reading this wrong?

Either way, I'm REALLY enjoying the PvE/story elements. It sucks that the PvP (to me) is not all that entertaining.

Also, F the moon map...wow what a terrible map.

I thought Impact was just enemy stun?

elektrixx

Banned
Loot is popping off enemies all the time
Not just ammo, right? Real loot?

So that's 100% purely subjective with nothing to back it up.
If my issue is that there's nothing to like, then there's nothing to show.

You're moving the goalpost. You told me to name something that wasn't found in other games. I did.
You think that hasn't been done in another game?

And I guess you also didn't like Journey.
Nope. I liked Journey.

Meeting up with random people and making friends is fun if you're into that, which I am.
I'm not, but I'd refuse to play this with friends and encourage them to play something like Borderlands 2 instead; a game with unique art and actual loot. Unfortunately I don't think I have enough power to convince them.

Jachaos

Since when is there a Tower North !? I just discovered it and was mindblown that it might've been there all along and that I found the fan switch and what it does before finding Tower North. Also, I agree with the holiday stuff represented at the Tower. Will the place get bigger over time?

If my issue is that there's nothing to like, then there's nothing to show.

You think that hasn't been done in another game?

Nope. I liked Journey.

I'm not, but I'd refuse to play this with friends and encourage them to play something like Borderlands 2 instead; a game with unique art and actual loot. Unfortunately I don't think I have enough power to convince them.

Go back and read my post please. That's not what I said at all. Any way, there's no point continuing the conversation since neither side will be affected by the other's opinion. Enjoy, I suppose? Tons of games coming in October. I'm sure there'll be something that you find something to like in.

Although you're just objectively wrong about Bungie not having unique art.

And lastly:

Not just ammo, right? Real loot?

My primaries:
sngrghU.png

My secondaries:
c7Qryt4.png

Aaaaand my depressing, almost-full weapon section of the vault filled with amazing things I can't use due to the level 8 cap:
gzbres8.png

LpeWfO3.png

Inb4 you say "most of those guns are the same thing". 100% untrue. Most of these guns have different abilities and available scope types. And these are only Uncommon quality. Literally one step above trash. Launch will let me find and wear three tiers of gear above that, and each tier progressively has more skills.

JJD

I have build an awesome titan! I have grenades every 40, 45 seconds at most! So much fun!

It's so easy to steamroll normal enemies!

Seeing all these high numbers of kills and hours played makes me think there's something wrong with my friend and I. We're enjoying the game but we're also taking it slow. We don't want to burn ourselves out before the full game. Until it is said otherwise I also don't want to spend all day looking for weapons or armor if I can't even take them to the full title.

I'm excited for the game but I still want to sit down with friends and watch some tv shows and stuff.

JLeack

Banned
I've tried this game again, but I have the same issues as the alpha. I feel like I'm the only one that finds this incredibly boring.

No loot, three enemies and bad menu navigation. It's actually a generic shooter but nobody seems to notice.

I did the opening mission and walked around the hub world. I died at the start of the next mission because the enemy was in the dark. I can't do this anymore.

You aren't alone. I haven't been this underwhelmed in a while.

Eh I don't find it a generic shooter but I do hope they up the chances of finding rarer weapons and armor. I've partially burned myself out on playing because I kept getting the same variations of armor.

Spinluck

Played with a buddy and we got the moon map twice in a row. I love the map design in this game, but God, I hate that map. Absolutely not enjoyable for me. Dunno why.

The broken vehicles and turret camping might have to do with it.

Boy is it satisfying to kill those players while they're in the act!

Pavlov

Banned
Couple of tips

Look at player > R3 (on the ps4 anyway) > options is how you invite random players and look at their gear

When fighting a boss try to stay near it or sub bosses will spawn in the bit before.

Thinking about it couldn't you exploit that and kill waves of sub-bosses for the loot and xp? It'd be better if the drop rate was reduced for the respawns and xp decreased

Mentok

Banned
I thought Impact was just enemy stun?

I thought impact was damage per bullet, lower impact means you have to unload more of the clip. I think.

Yeah as far as I know, impact is the damage per bullet. Which makes sense, I was using a sniper rifle that had small impact, but a high attack. I couldn't 1shot head shot enemies in PvP. Switched to a lower attack with higher impact, BOOM 1shot head shot kills.

Robin64

Limited time events, like Iron Banner, are awesome but I do hope that when it's live they consider the time in other parts of the world too.

Anyway, is there any actual confirmation on what we keep yet, or is it still vague? I've seen people say you only keep the Emblem you earn for playing on the 26th, but others think they get to keep their shiny purple ship from this weekend's event too.

Pavlov

Banned
Limited time events, like Iron Banner, are awesome but I do hope that when it's live they consider the time in other parts of the world too.

Anyway, is there any actual confirmation on what we keep yet, or is it still vague? I've seen people say you only keep the Emblem you earn for playing on the 26th, but others think they get to keep their shiny purple ship from this weekend's event too.

Do you know where the Iron Banner npc is?

I'm getting screwed by this game man. The matchmaking is constantly putting me on losing teams and when I do win I'm the MVP but I get nothing out of it. This is Iron Banner I'm talking about btw.

It's a goddamn lottery. What the hell happened to rewarding time and effort? I feel like my guns still suck compared to everyone else.

Ephemeris

Is there anyway to remove the text or hud in the tower?

I learned this from BeEatNU: if you hit option to go into the menu and back out, for about a second (possibly less), you get your screen without the hud [ with the exception of that 'Beta Build' message].

I just time it right where I hit the screenshot button during this window.

I think I may be stuck in some kind of solo mode. There's never anyone at the Tower or during missions, and it won't let me get past the "Evaluating Guardians" area of Crucible. Is there a setting I need to adjust somewhere?

Hip Hop

Anyone found the graphics to be really, really bad for last generation?

The PS3 version looks like a launch game. Some launch games might even look better. It runs well though.

I can't imagine playing this on anything but a PS4/X1.

I saw someone mention it in this thread earlier saying it was confirmed, but do the legendary drops you get from the Iron Banner event/from the shop continue over to the full release? I haven't found anything to indicate that's true.

ArchAngel

Wow, just found a bug. Sometimes (not everytime) when you go to the Cryptarch you can get many more items from him when you rapidly smash X on the items you want to decrypt o_O

Anyone found the graphics to be really, really bad for last generation?

The PS3 version looks like a launch game. Some launch games might even look better. It runs well though.

I can't imagine playing this on anything but a PS4/X1.

Launch title is pushing it. They're not great, but they're not "launch title" level. I think the graphics level on PS3 is understandable when we think about the number of players and things going on in a huge map like Old Russia. I will say, it was certainly jarring to go from PS4 to PS3.

Fortunately it's a beta and Bungie has a feedback forum ready to hear your brilliant design ideas for how to make it less than beyond stupid.

What's that you say? That I should have read your post history and realized that you only shitpost complaints (aside from that one 24 hour period where you pathetically begged for an alpha code) instead of offering any real constructive criticism? Oh. My mistake.

This is the beta OT and the PvP reward system is garbage.

Hip Hop

The PS3 version looks nothing like a launch game. It does have really bad AA though

Launch title is pushing it. They're not great, but they're not "launch title" level. I think the graphics level on PS3 is understandable when we think about the number of players and things going on in a huge map like Old Russia. I will say, it was certainly jarring to go from PS4 to PS3.

Yeah, I went a bit too far but it's definitely not a looker for me. It's been a while since I've turned on a last gen console so that might be it.

moris

How do I fix the broken character from the companion app or even from Bungie's website on PC? I got it from Day 1. And now my warlock seems to be missing his forearm.
Picture

At least one thing that's appealing. Nothing here stands out as entertaining.

Something I've never seen are different ways to get loot. You have the usual drops, and you have the level up and end of level rewards, but you also have the codex as well. I think the codex is pretty fresh and has a lot of potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom