• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta will be available in early 2014 (PS4, PS3, XONE, 360)

broony

Three more. Credit again to destiny.bungie.org

69R-DDD-FCP - Valley of the Kings, Mars

69R-F99-AXG - The Fallens

69R-VL7-J6A - Red Death

Possum

Hey, thanks for the codes!

ku-xlarge.gif

So can we enter more than one code? I'm confused by these codes.
These codes will presumably unlock some sort of item in Destiny once the game is out next year. You can enter them all:

They come from trading cards handed out at various gaming events. The codes are multi-use and are meant to be shared. (As opposed to beta codes, which are all single-use.)

Just something cool Bungie is doing.

I have no idea what this game is asides from it being from the guys who made Halo.

I did redeem all the codes though...just in case.

broony

A bit more info on the beta from a new IGN article here:

“We need people to play story, multiplayer and co-op. We need them to go and create characters so we can understand those systems and what they mean for us. We need lots of people to hit the servers at the same time, see how they use guns and play the early stuff, what the competitive multiplayer looks like with many different levels. Working on Destiny every day doesn’t compare with a million gamers crashing against it.

“We’re going to do a beta, kick the tyres, get people in to play in 2014 and make sure we understand what those pushes are going to look like by trying to drive as much peak concurrency as possible before day one so we can understand what to do. We’re not going to rely on guesswork. We’re going to push as many people against it as possible. We’ll forge it in fire and hopefully that’ll make it a better experience day one for everybody.”

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Despite me falling away from FPS over the course of this gen Destiny is right up there with Driveclub being titles I feel like I just have to have. However, I don't want to participate in the beta I would much rather just go into it somewhat blind.

Eusis

I will post this here and if moderators feel that it deserves noe thread they can move it.

Bungie doesn't want to work on another platform now that is why there is no PC version.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/bungie-say-...s-so-thin-it-negatively-harms-other-platforms
Well, I do kind of expect 360/PS3 to be cut out of the loop come Destiny 2, so unless the first game craters I kind of expect we'll be seeing that hit PS4/XB1/PC if they even port Destiny 1 to PC afterwards. If they don't then I'd be far more pessimistic.

catmario

It will take sometime to get beta or release, but awaits continues.

There are all 17 trading card codes thus far, according to internet. This will unlock something that can use in destiny game. I'll keep looking until another trading card code arrived.

Below is trading card codes for code redemption.

source: http://destiny.gamepedia.com/Trading_Cards

Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9
Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH
Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY
Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K
Hive: 473-MXR-3X9
Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3
Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC
Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA
The Tower: 69P-VCH-337
The Hive, Ogre: 69R-CKD-X7L
Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP
The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG
Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A
Caval: 69X-DJN-74V
Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7
Vex: 6A9-DTG-YGN

JohnyRL

Banned
What do these cards do again?
I got a bunch from a friend and redeemed them all but I'm not even sure why I should care.

Top Bottom