• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheezyMac88

iPxs1yF.gif

malfcn

yup got 4 emblems, ship, shader, sparrow from it

Redeemed and claimed all. Not delivered.

Emblem: Sign of the Finite Pick up your emblem at the Special Orders Vendor in the Tower. Sep 2 2014
Emblem: Illusion of Light Pick up your emblem at the Special Orders Vendor in the Tower. Sep 8 2014
Emblem: Binding Focus Pick up your emblem at the Special Orders Vendor in the Tower. Sep 8 2014
Emblem: Ab Aeterno Pick up your emblem at the Special Orders Vendor in the Tower. Sep 8 2014
Emblem: Field of Light Pick up your emblem at the Special Orders Vendor in the Tower. Sep 8 2014
Shader: Double Banshee Pick up your shader at the Special Orders Vendor in the Tower. Sep 8 2014
Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge Pick up your emblem at the Special Orders Vendor in the Tower. Sep 8 2014
Shader: Oracle 99 Pick up your shader at the Special Orders Vendor in the Tower.

etc.

alterno69

Banned
Ok, i'm off to bed after a five hour session, i'm now a L7 Warlock, just did the strike mission that was in the last Beta. So far i've yet to see anything new which is lame considering i might be 1/3 of the way already or close to it.

The loading times are getting on my nerves, they are fucking terrible for a last gen game, not to mention a current gen one. It doesn't help that you're forced back to the hub after every damn mission and you can't even explore the area you were fighting in.

Can't help but feel many gamers will be dissapointed tomorrow, specially those that are going in without playing the beta.

I hope the story picks up because so far Halo is Oscar worthy compared to this thing.

I really need to see new stuff already.

ron_bato

I've played for about 3 hours now, got dropped from the game twice because of connection errors, but was able to hop in quickly and stayed online for the most part. Hopefully it stays that way once the game unlocks for everybody.

Anyway, DestinyGAF and AsiaGAF, feel free to add me, I'm a level 5 hunter right now and will go back online in about an hour.

PSN ID: ron_bato

|OT2| Something Classical.

Anyone have more pics of any midnight lines? I always enjoy those. I've only ever been to one, and it was for RDR. Interesting to say the least.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So I've been playing the game for around 6 hours now and thought I'd drop my early impressions before I go to sleep

Positives

- it is a beautiful game, from the menu's to the skyboxes.

- The audio is amazing and really gives the game an atmosphere.

- Overall gunplay/abilities feel really tight and fun.

- The sparrow is my favourite vehicle ever. Zoom Zoom!

- Peter Dinklage is a cool dude, screw the haters.

- Open ended maps allow for self-set challenges like running through ??? levelled enemies.

- A lot of the content seems challenging.

- Co-Op invited or not adds to the experience and does indeed make the game more enjoyable.

- No connection issues besides the odd bit of a laggy squadmate.

Negatives

- The BIGGEST one, which many people have already said.. The mission design is horribly dull so far.

Go here, run through that place, backtrack, Press X to Ghost, defend Ghost.. done you have 5 seconds before you're forced to the menu.

- The beta was an exact replica of the main game. Bit nitpicky but I was hoping there would be a bit more stuff added for the main game.

- So far I rarely run into rabdom people, and it's only ever one or two people. I was hoping there would be a few more people always nearby.

- Loading times kinda suck.

- The tower feels kinda small, I wish you could see some of this amazing last city everyone harps on about to get more of a feel for it.

- Exploration still feels pretty. The world is pretty barren with very little to find besides the odd chest or hidey hole.

I haven't got all that far into the game yet, and I have only had a couple PvP matches, so this is all based on my experience so far.

Yep. This sucks. Like, really disappointing.

I'm bitter as fuck because Bungie had something truly great in their hands and they skimped out.

Maybe next time.

Yep. This sucks. Like, really disappointing.

I'm bitter as fuck because Bungie had something truly great in their hands and they skimped out.

Maybe next time.

It's a cross gen game on four systems. I wouldn't say the skimped, i am sure they hit a ceiling as to what they could put in the game to achieve parity on all consoles. Sorry about your bitterness, try sweetening it with loot?

Hawk269

Any feedback on the performance on the Xbox One version now that it is 1080p? I know someone a while back said they posted impressions, but with how fast this thing is moving, I could not find anything.

Any feedback on the performance on the Xbox One version now that it is 1080p? I know someone a while back said they posted impressions, but with how fast this thing is moving, I could not find anything.

so far it looks freaking amazing! I played the ps4 beta and looks just the same. Frame rate has been solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom