• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

purg3

slept with Malkin
Center glass/Titan boomer bubble strat is pretty solid. Feels good to finally get him after having to call it quits last night.

KeRaSh

So what I learned today about Crota HM:
- you only need to be 32 for Crota
- 1st section can be soloed
- Need at least one Warlock to complete bridge section
- hallway and Deathsinger are same as normal.

How so? I soloed the bridge yesterday as a Warlock but did not use any abilities exclusive to Warlocks. If you make the sword jump from the left and hide behind that little thing on the left right after the bridge its all about patience. Don't stick out your head too much and take it slow.

Unfortunately I didn't get the AR but I still have two more characters to go through.

raindoc

How so? I soloed the bridge yesterday as a Warlock but did not use any abilities exclusive to Warlocks. If you make the sword jump from the left and hide behind that little thing on the left right after the bridge its all about patience. Don't stick out your head too much and take it slow.

Unfortunately I didn't get the AR but I still have two more characters to go through.

i only know about the rocks on the right, please tell more.

KeRaSh

i only know about the rocks on the right, please tell more.

Oh you mean to despawn the Thralls and then safely build the bridge while killing the Swordbearer? I haven't tried that to be honest.
I usually just kill the Swordbearer and run back up the stairs to the spawn. From there just jump to the pillar that is close to the bridge.
Now for the tricky part. You have to aim for the middle of the bridge (maybe slightly to the left) and once you get closer you have to steer to the left to land on the other side. If you successfully avoided the kill zones and still have enough height you should be able to make it with a little practice.

Feorax

Do you not have any good Arc weapons? It's one of the fastest Nightfalls there is behind Solar Nexus.

I have plenty, it's just every enemy in this strike seems to use arc attacks too. The majority of ot is fine, it's just that room with the 3 waves is mauling my 30 hunter.

Doesn't help that if you die once then the wizard in the previous room respawns and just picks you off when you try to retreat to safety.

I have plenty, it's just every enemy in this strike seems to use arc attacks too. The majority of ot is fine, it's just that room with the 3 waves is mauling my 30 hunter.

Doesn't help that if you die once then the wizard in the previous room respawns and just picks you off when you try to retreat to safety.

Yeah, that can be a tricky part. Gotta mix one solar weapon in for shields. If you run with a Titan, having someone aggro them from inside a bubble makes for easy pickings on the Wizards.

2real4tv

Not stating there aren't other tactics it was what I experienced playing today. Sorry badly worded.

purg3

slept with Malkin

After second sword, run down to the bottom right room and jump up on the ledges above the door. One of the ogres spawn from that door and you just melt him in seconds. Drop down and stay in the room and kill the second ogre from there. Minimal risk and damage taken.

bosseye

Haaaa, so yeah. HM Crota is not for me until I upgrade my weapons. Was trying to solo the lamps last night with a Titan mate, both made it up to the Ogre, but one cheeky blast with his eye beams and dead in a split second. Was barely chipping off his health even with crits. Best get grinding and upgrading then!

Also, anyone know the best way to get Radiant Shards? I need 28 of them to fully upgrade all current armour (raid gauntlets, raid chest, already got maxed obsidian mind and maxed bog standard legendary wellies). Can't continue to upgrade any more armour until I get some.

raindoc

Oh you mean to despawn the Thralls and then safely build the bridge while killing the Swordbearer? I haven't tried that to be honest.
I usually just kill the Swordbearer and run back up the stairs to the spawn. From there just jump to the pillar that is close to the bridge.
Now for the tricky part. You have to aim for the middle of the bridge (maybe slightly to the left) and once you get closer you have to steer to the left to land on the other side. If you successfully avoided the kill zones and still have enough height you should be able to make it with a little practice.

but where are you hiding?

Well, we tried to help through the lag, haha. Glad you felt welcomed back and hope you had a good trip and life while you were away. I would have asked you more about it at the time but of course the NAT issues were running as wild as the lag.

Yeah the trip was lovely, had tons of fun and will be going back hopefully again next year.

Oh hell yeah I'll definitely be down for the weekend

Great, just send me a fr and i'll pm you when we're ready to go.

Haaaa, so yeah. HM Crota is not for me until I upgrade my weapons. Was trying to solo the lamps last night with a Titan mate, both made it up to the Ogre, but one cheeky blast with his eye beams and dead in a split second. Was barely chipping off his health even with crits. Best get grinding and upgrading then!

Also, anyone know the best way to get Radiant Shards? I need 28 of them to fully upgrade all current armour (raid gauntlets, raid chest, already got maxed obsidian mind and maxed bog standard legendary wellies). Can't continue to upgrade any more armour until I get some.

yeah, rocket ammo and Ice Breaker or Black Hammer is needed for that Ogre :p Preferably be level 32 as well for max damage.

Best way is to play Normal Crota's End every week with all characters you got. It can even be soloed up until Deathsinger quite easily.

Potentially silly question, but I'll ask it anyway: does Bungie itself (a person/team there) decide what Xur sells or is it completely RNG?

Top Bottom