• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

cilonen

Uhh.. No Land Beyond is quite fun to use. I can see why it's not effective as a clutch weapon, but as a patrolling gun it's great fun.

GlamFM

Banned
Seeing how Gjallahorn is mandatory now, I'm done. I won't rely on RNG to be relevant in Hard Mode, that is some shitty business practice I won't support any further. Xur selling No Land Beyond today is the final straw.

Thanks for all the people I grouped with, and the reset tuesday morning group. Have fun !

Run the sword = be useful without the horn.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
upload_convert.gif

It is the greatest Carrot-on-a-stick they have in the game, except this week was the monkey wrench in that plan that seems to have broken a lot of vets. Many folks have quit this week out of frustration with the raid. Many will likely come back after having time to cool down, but it seems the release of the hard mode raid did more damage then good for business. If House of Wolves is just more of the same, I expect there to be a lot of attrition for whatever comes next.

I could be wrong, but I think the majority of the people who "quit" since yesterday are venting and will be back by next Tuesday's reset. When people legitimately lose interest, they tend to just stop playing the game, and no longer have any interest in posting about it. I think most of what's happened in the last day is temporary frustration.

Want to know what will REALLY make people quit? Running out of loot to strive for. The day Xur sells what everyone wants is the day that people lose interest, because the strikes/raids they've been playing over and over again will have no purpose.

The quest for seemingly unobtainable loot IS Destiny. Love it or leave it.

ocean

Banned
Need one more to start a Heroic CE Abyss+Bridge. Come get your Auto Rifles! Had a guy drop out, 5 of us are waiting at the Tower.

Add a_javierp if you're willing! Only requirement is please be 32 :)

Edit: NVM, our 6th is coming.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Need one more to start a Heroic CE Abyss+Bridge. Come get your Auto Rifles! Had a guy drop out, 5 of us are waiting at the Tower.

Add a_javierp if you're willing! Only requirement is please be 32 :)

I'll help you guys since I only did Crota and Abyss. Still need to do bridge. You can leave Deathsinger for normal.

kidko

No Land Beyond, wow. Funnnnnny guys!

I got Skullfort and Arachnid from my 2 helm engrams. Finally got my titan baby past 20, now 26, so he'll have an exotic to start with until I get something better.

time for sleeeeeep

Omni

What's the website that lists people looking for extra players? I've never used it before. I wanna give Crota a go and it's probably my best bet for a little while.

ocean

Banned
I'll help you guys since I only did Crota and Abyss. Still need to do bridge. You can leave Deathsinger for normal.

I'd love to finally get a chance to play with you! I still remember your generous offer to solo-carry my low lever Hunter a few days back :)

Sadly the group's full. Once I'm done with this run I'll post back to see if anyone wants to do it again.

Jinjo

I'd love to finally get a chance to play with you! I still remember your generous offer to solo-carry my low lever Hunter a few days back :)

Sadly the group's full. Once I'm done with this run I'll post back to see if anyone wants to do it again.

I kinda want to do two full runs later today so send me an invite when you are. (Even if it is just the first two parts)

I could be wrong, but I think the majority of the people who "quit" since yesterday are venting and will be back by next Tuesday's reset. When people legitimately lose interest, they tend to just stop playing the game, and no longer have any interest in posting about it. I think most of what's happened in the last day is temporary frustration.

Want to know what will REALLY make people quit? Running out of loot to strive for. The day Xur sells what everyone wants is the day that people lose interest, because the strikes/raids they've been playing over and over again will have no purpose.

I get that. There were folks that have quit and come back in short order. I was one of them a few weeks ago. The difference here is that this one encounter is now heavily reliant on a single weapon to be effective as a fireteam. They may come back in a day or next reset, but when the frustration of beating against the wall and at the mercy of a single RNG drop becomes too much, they will leave for good. Teams stacked with Gjallarhorns are struggling, those of us without are even further at a loss.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

It's alright. I can technically still solo that section or get it done with another group before reset.

----------------------------------------------------

If our same group wants to switch alts and do it again later tonight, I'll be willing. I think we had good team chemistry there. Everybody filled their roles perfectly. Going to try and upload the run. Have to split the video file.

Shito

I agree with that, the problem is that we have a different situation at hands.
We are talking about ONE weapon being so better than the others that Bungie had to design the hard mode around it. Before that it was just "the weapon to speed everything up and make your like WAY easier", but since this week it has become "the weapon you MUST have". It was already overshadowing all the other exotics, and now things will be even worse than before, leading to even more frustration to the player base that was not lucky enough to get it.
And instead of fixing this situation in a somewhat clever way (sell it at Xur, or nerf it, or buff other exotics way up), Bungie decided it was best to not only do *nothing* about it, riding on the idea that "people who don't have it will keep on playing the game for this carrot only", but to rub it in everyone's face at every possible occasion.
They are themselves creating the situation where people who finally bank on it stop playing the game. They are themselves making of this weapon the way to "end the game".

Jinjo

I get that. There were folks that have quit and come back in short order. I was one of them a few weeks ago. The difference here is that this one encounter is now heavily reliant on a single weapon to be effective as a fireteam. They may come back in a day or next reset, but when the frustration of beating against the wall and at the mercy of a single RNG drop becomes too much, they will leave for good. Teams stacked with Gjallarhorns are struggling, those of us without are even further at a loss.

I remember having a discussion here on GAF where people were claiming Gjallarhorn was necessary against (normal) Crota. I was of the view it wasn't. I retract that statement now hard mode Crota has been released. Looks like you'll need atleast two gjallarhorn wielders to get the shield down quick enough.

I agree with that, the problem is that we have a different situation at hands.
We are talking about ONE weapon being so better than the others that Bungie had to design the hard mode around it. Before that it was just "the weapon to speed everything up and make your like WAY easier", but since this week it has become "the weapon you MUST have". It was already overshadowing all the other exotics, and now things will be even worse than before, leading to even more frustration to the player base that was not lucky enough to get it.
And instead of fixing this situation in a somewhat clever way (sell it at Xur, or nerf it, or buff other exotics way up), Bungie decided it was best to not only do *nothing* about it, riding on the idea that "people who don't have it will keep on playing the game for this carrot only", but to rub it in everyone's face at every possible occasion.
They are themselves creating the situation where people who finally bank on it stop playing the game. They are themselves making of this weapon the way to "end the game".

You explained it a lot better than I.

I remember having a discussion here on GAF where people were claiming Gjallarhorn was necessary against (normal) Crota. I was of the view it wasn't. I retract that statement now hard mode Crota has been released. Looks like you'll need atleast two gjallarhorn wielders to get the shield down quick enough.

Yeah, normal it isn't remotely required with a decent team. Normal Crota shield can go down with just Scout/Sniper spam and a level 32 sword bearer gives a lot of room for error.

Hard Mode is a different beast. The raids own RL is only marginally effective. Gjallarhorn isn't a crutch here, it is a necessity.

Want to know what will REALLY make people quit? Running out of loot to strive for.

of definitely :D i've already stopped doing Daily missions and most bounties as they serve no purpose.

The only item i'm missing from Vault of Glass is the Fusion rifle, so i can run that raid with buddies for fun sometimes.
From Crota's End i just need the helmet and would love to get the Handcannon.

Got no other purpose of playing really, if my friends and awesome gaffers wouldn't be playing, i would already quit.

Nuszka

Seeing how Gjallahorn is mandatory now, I'm done. I won't rely on RNG to be relevant in Hard Mode, that is some shitty business practice I won't support any further. Xur selling No Land Beyond today is the final straw.

Thanks for all the people I grouped with, and the reset tuesday morning group. Have fun !

We had a lot of fun. This is what saddens me , and I think it will be happening more often when HoW under delivers , especially with some upcoming releases in March.

Haaaa, so yeah. HM Crota is not for me until I upgrade my weapons. Was trying to solo the lamps last night with a Titan mate, both made it up to the Ogre, but one cheeky blast with his eye beams and dead in a split second. Was barely chipping off his health even with crits. Best get grinding and upgrading then!

Also, anyone know the best way to get Radiant Shards? I need 28 of them to fully upgrade all current armour (raid gauntlets, raid chest, already got maxed obsidian mind and maxed bog standard legendary wellies). Can't continue to upgrade any more armour until I get some.

you can cheese it by getting on the rock (wait as long as possible) and using titan bubble to protect from the ogres until bridge forms

Might be a stupid question but I really don't know. I have a 31 Titan and am considering making an alt. Is there anyway I can use my Titan to get legendaries for another class so that when I hit 20 with said alt I already have a set of armor ready to go? I know I can buy the exotic from Xur, but not sure about filling out the rest with legendaries. I'd much rather do higher level content with the Titan then going back to to lower level content.

Might be a stupid question but I really don't know. I have a 31 Titan and am considering making an alt. Is there anyway I can use my Titan to get legendaries for another class so that when I hit 20 with said alt I already have a set of armor ready to go? I know I can buy the exotic from Xur, but not sure about filling out the rest with legendaries. I'd much rather do higher level content with the Titan then going back to to lower level content.

An exotic is the only thing you would have control over getting. Any other gear would have to be from RNG engrams.

Carn82

Yup. You can get other class gear through engrams and stuff, thats how I 'collected' basically everything for my alt-Titan. And exotics through Xur of course.

Not sure if you can buy legendaries for a different class though, never tried. I think not. But just make sure you have some spare commendations lying around, grind out some marks and you're good to go with your alt.

Omni

Naa. If you get legendary engrams you can open them on your alt though.

2real4tv

Taking my chance on engrams need that Saint -14 for titan. Buying Dance machine for hunter. Hopefully with the next DLC they will do something with the updgrade system
it seems too high imo.

Top Bottom