• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

SkylineRKR

I think this is the longest Xur has gone without selling heavy ammo, the trolling by Bungie is just insulting at this point.

I see they're still butthurt about Crota being cheesed before.

But if its smart to troll for so long... dunno. I stopped doing dailies since x-mas or so. But stopped doing weeklies as well since its the same loadout every 2 weeks. I still need 2 weapons he could potentially sell but never did, and some armor (HoPF).

I didn't fire up the game this week until yesterday, only to slap Crota. Not much else to do, RNG and Xur are cockblocking the same weapons.

Both DLC weapons have already come twice. Still a few vanilla Exotics that have never been sold once. This is the most infuriating aspect of the game. I don't know how much longer I can take it.

Steroyd

This is shit. However I do not understand why so many people wanted heavy ammo synthesis? Even people in my team are disappointed that there is no heavy ammo synthesis. Does he sells 5 for one coin or what ?

Yes. 9 coins in the weekly = 45 heavy synth packs x3 chars and you're set for a couple of weeks if you're not wasting them on Crota attempts.

cilonen

I almost had palpitations in that split second where I saw the shape of the RL icon before I realised it was Dragon's Breath.

Is DB worth it in any way for the #forevernogjallarhorn crew like myself? Would it at least help burn Crota's shields?

Wow Bungie.... just wow. I have no real expectations for selling the few exotics I don't have... but no heavy synth is pretty remarkably tone deaf.

Also: We know your DLC exists. Make the content better if you want more people to buy it.

What Bungie thinks they are saying: "We are listening"
What Bungie is really saying: "Cheese our game harder"

I'm floyd. Thanks to all you guys for helping me out on my first raid. I got carried hard but it was pretty fun and I think I now know what to do for any future VoG raids. I'm still stuck with terrible weapons unfortunately.

I'll probably get the DLC now...

lol probably not the best thing to do your very first raid on hard but you did pretty good. A shame that checkpoint glitch ruined two whole sections :/

also seeing as how the daily and Omnigul strikes have a tendency to repeat and how Xur already sold all this three weeks ago I wouldn't be surprised if Xurs inventory repeats every 3 weeks.

I almost had palpitations in that split second where I saw the shape of the RL icon before I realised it was Dragon's Breath.

Is DB worth it in any way for the #forevernogjallarhorn crew like myself? Would it at least help burn Crota's shields?

Keep one for the vault in the off chance Bungie ever makes it something special.

Both DLC weapons have already come twice. Still a few vanilla Exotics that have never been sold once. This is the most infuriating aspect of the game. I don't know how much longer I can take it.

A little hard to not view it as antagonism at this point. Exactly how much are players willing to put up with before they actually stop playing.

Steroyd

No, Hunger of Crota is far better by virtue of it having tracking, which DB does not.

nOoblet16

Yes. 9 coins in the weekly = 45 heavy synth packs x3 chars and you're set for a couple of weeks if you're not wasting them on Crota attempts.
The annoying thing is you lose heavy ammo when you die, this is why everyone just does the ammo exploit instead of using synth since its so expensive.

When will this get fixed !!!??

Edit: wow my post made no sense, I hate autocorrect.

ocean

Banned

It's insane that an Exotic RL doesn't have tracking. It's the single most important perk on a RL IMO.

jadedm17

If I could give my destiny account away I would.
It's insane that an Exotic RL doesn't have tracking. It's the single most important perk on a RL IMO.
What does bungie do that isn't insane anymore? Shrug

PSA/SGA: DO NOT BUY DB. It is legit garbage tier unless you just want to Pokemon it. Basically any legendary RL with tracking is better. If you don't have GH, use your exotic slot for Red Death, Suros or Icebreaker against Crota. (Edit: if you have coins to burn, go for it. Newer players with limited coins- no way).

cilonen

not really, try to get Hunger of Crota from Croders Normal mode. Second best RL in the game.

If not that, buy One Way Ticket 000.

Ah well, I'll grab that after reset, not going to hit the marks required before Tuesday and I'll hope for a Hunger drop :) thanks!

Still, now I spent the coins on the DB I'm practically guaranteed a Gjallarhorn soon, right?

Edit:

PSA/SGA: DO NOT BUY DB. It is legit garbage tier unless you just want to Pokemon it. Basically any legendary RL with tracking is better. If you don't have GH, use your exotic slot for Red Death, Suros or Icebreaker against Crota. (Edit: if you have coins to burn, go for it. Newer players with limited coins- no way).

Hahaha!

Basically I've just burned 17 coins to try to psyche out the game into dropping me a 'horn :-D

I have the coins to spare though so no worries.

Steroyd

The annoying this is you lose heavy ammo when you die, this is why everyone just dies the ammo exploit instead of using synth since its so expensive.

When will this get fixed !!!??

According to this weeks update the heavy ammo glitch may probably get fixed by the end of next month if their coders can do it without breaking something else maybe.

Sullichin

Ah well, I'll grab that after reset, not going to hit the marks required before Tuesday and I'll hope for a Hunger drop :) thanks!

Still, now I spent the coins on the DB I'm practically guaranteed a Gjallarhorn soon, right?
I thought the same thing, it just means tons of Dragon Breaths will drop and you will never get Gjallarhorn.

It's a cool looking weapon and it can do a lot of damage. Nowhere near GH damage and barely more than a legendary RL. No tracking or proximity is ass. 3 Rockets per tube and big blast radius are nice.

I wonder if this means the DLC isn't selling as well as they wanted... why else would they keep pushing it so hard in every aspect of the game? It's penny smart but dollar dumb, either way.

4 straight weeks starfire protocol?

he's been selling that since the last time he sold dragons breath

unbelievable

edit forgot he had obsidian mind but it feels like 4

According to this weeks update the heavy ammo glitch may probably get fixed by the end of next month if their coders can do it without breaking something else maybe.

I don't understand the full technical issue, but why can't the fix simply be store the Heavy Ammo value on death, restore value on life or after cutscene?

Sullichin

I wonder why they didn't just make the new exotic weapons... good. Wouldn't have a problem with DB if it were remotely as good as the other exotic solar launcher, why wouldn't it be, but for some reason that weapon is outside of the rest of the game balance and Bungie seems afraid to touch or sell it.

Defuser

Why does bungie refuses to let Xur sell heavy ammo synth when the heavy ammo loss glitch is so rampant? After we really gonna tolerate through a month just to get it fixed?

Wtf bungie...

I wonder if this means the DLC isn't selling as well as they wanted... why else would they keep pushing it so hard in every aspect of the game? It's penny smart but dollar dumb, either way.

As always, I would love to see their analytics on this. They did it once before, curious to see how players react again to this situation again. Wonder if there is a spike in DLC purchases after something like this or if those active users become less active.

So many people already bought HoW with the original Season Pass or special editions that a true referendum on the game won't come until Comet.

Shito

I still don't understand how they ended up with such crappy exotics for the DLC.
I mean, it's nearly the only interesting / long-lasting content they have in the damn thing: you would think they would have made them reaaaally strong and nearly broken, so that their strategy of displaying them that much at Xur's would actually be somewhat productive.
But instead we have these lackluster weapons and armor pieces that everyone go "meh" about, with Obsidian Mind being the only exception standing out...
The game is becoming so "tame" it's really getting difficult to keep on loving it.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Thought this day would suck...until I got Ruin Wings from the Engram.

Awesome. Just got my Titan alt to 20 today and already she's now lvl 24!

Why does bungie refuses to let Xur sell heavy ammo synth when the heavy ammo loss glitch is so rampant? After we really gonna tolerate through a month just to get it fixed?

Wtf bungie...

They haven't fixed the Heavy Ammo drop glitch, so feel free to exploit it until they get their shit together.

If they patch the drop "exploit" before the loss "glitch", they are playing with fire.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Man F U, Xur. Could someone please explain to me what could possibly be so game-breaking about being able to purchase heavy ammo every week with strange coins?

Jinjo

No lol. Most of us can kill him in 2 or 3 tries now. Heavy ammo glitch is just a bonus.

Most. Not all. (and even then I'd argue that those people are in the minority or either very clique) Still heavily dependant on lag and the heavy ammo glitch is just a chore/timesink. Prepare to hear a lot of 'I got no rockets' is all I'm saying.

hydruxo

Last week was all DLC items, and this week is a repeat of the exact same gear from Jan 2nd. Bungie could easily use Xur to generate some good will with the players but nope.

Top Bottom