• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Frostburn

Apparently Xur's inventory isn't really random at all. DeeJ said it on a twitch stream but the video has been removed. His inventory today is the same as January 2nd's. The stat rolls on the gear and upgrades are random though.

Also no heavy synth is bs

I suppose I can go ahead and buy Dragon's Breath, as my Warlock should be ready soon to give me the ability to run 3 Nightfall/weeklies to where coins shouldn't be an issue.

I wonder if Xur will ever sell exotic weapon engrams.

Took the necrochasm out of the vault for some ROC strikes yesterday..... everything.... and I mean everything about this weapon is terrible.

The way it looks, and impact, the low ammo per clip. Worst of all.... it doesn't even have the orange ring around it showing that it's fully upgraded!

Bungie needs to look at these soon, word of crota, black hammer, necrochasm all need to be fixed.

I hope sooner than later, let me enjoy these weapons now, not 1 week before house of wolves please :|

Yup, pos gun. Definitely not worth the time to get it.

Rather use No Land Beyond.

LiK

HAHA yes, Don't Touch Me for sale again. Was just talking to various people about wanting that this week. Definitely gonna grab it so I can solo the beginning of CE with one character at least.

Lima

All these people mad about no heavy snyth and I can't even remember the last time I used one. It's all about that heavy ammo glitch now.

SAiLO

I've been using my new Timurs Lash for over a week now and I have to say I prefer it over Fatebringer.
I have the outlaw perk on it, so reloading faster after precision kills is there.
I have the field scout perk, so the magazine is also equal to fatebringer.
And there is a luck in the chamber perk thats cool sometimes.

But its just makes much more dmg as fatebringer(higher impact and 331 vs 300dmg) and I kinda like the slower firerate.
I miss the explosions but overall I prefer Timurs Lash.

BLASPHEMY!

bosseye

Hooray! Xur has the Icebreaker upgrade. I've been waiting for that since I foolishly didn't buy the 331 version.

Also, holy shit, Vision of Confluence is the best scout rifle I've used. Who knew! All of you apparently. I got it from VoG a while back and never bothered as I had Mida Multitool, but I gave it a good run out last night in the weekly and bloody hell, its brilliant. Considering its completely unleveled (so 248 damage) it seems to do a huge amount of damage. Rapidly becoming my new favourite gun, seems to have the right balance between RoF, Impact range etc to make it a really useful weapon.

Hands off my Horns.

What they should do is upgrade the attack values behind the scenes or just keep everything at 300-331. Or add nodes.

Also, every exotic should be as good as horn, hawkmoon, breaker. Those are the only true exotic weapons in the game. The rest are legendaries pretending to be exotics.

No. Unless they're willing to create 20+ exotics every expansion, like fuck are they going to make me move from my Hawkmoon, last word and Gjallarhorn for 4th Horseman, No Land Beyond and Dragon's Breath.

You mean we should mainly be using the No Land Beyond and the 4th Hourseshit after the DLC?

As I said, this move would hopefully make them create more memorable and useful exotics each time instead of 2-4 each dlc/expansion.

I also like the idea of evolving exotics. So much potential there, but I'd like the story behind it to be more than just some flavor text. I really think bungie didn't expect they would have to make so much content.

Kukawaki

you don't have to kill that ogre. What I do is: Only crouch invisible when the ogre shows up. Decloak when he goes behind the rock. Crouch again when he reappears. Patience and time immediately when inv wears off or R2 super. Bridge should be done around the 3rd invisibility and trot on thru. This at 31.

Shito

HAHA yes, Don't Touch Me for sale again. Was just talking to various people about wanting that this week. Definitely gonna grab it so I can solo the beginning of CE with one character at least.
You can solo it faster with a warlock and a titan, with the jump thing from the second lamp.
Couldn't make it with my hunter yet, haven't tried much but I think someone here confirmed it was also possible, so I usually use Don't Touch Me and MIDA to make this a breeze.

you don't have to kill that ogre. What I do is: Only crouch invisible when the ogre shows up. Decloak when he goes behind the rock. Crouch again when he reappears. Patience and time immediately when inv wears off or R2 super. Bridge should be done around the 3rd invisibility and trot on thru. This at 31.

oh? huh! i always thought the ogre had to die to trigger the bridge. Kinda like the Bridge phase where the ogres need to be killed to complete it.

Shito

oh? huh! i always thought the ogre had to die to trigger the bridge. Kinda like the Bridge phase where the ogres need to be killed to complete it.
No, the first bridge is only on a timer.
The ogres and knights and all are just there to fuck you up before the end of the timer.

Two Words

Took the necrochasm out of the vault for some ROC strikes yesterday..... everything.... and I mean everything about this weapon is terrible.

The way it looks, and impact, the low ammo per clip. Worst of all.... it doesn't even have the orange ring around it showing that it's fully upgraded!

Bungie needs to look at these soon, word of crota, black hammer, necrochasm all need to be fixed.

I hope sooner than later, let me enjoy these weapons now, not 1 week before house of wolves please :|
Black Hammer is fine

E92 M3

Absolutely sucks there is no heavy ammo, but I am happy with Don't Touch Me and Mask upgrade - needed those.

lolwut?

It's the best legendary sniper rifle in the game. 95% of the time I have the BH equipped.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You can solo it faster with a warlock and a titan, with the jump thing from the second lamp.
Couldn't make it with my hunter yet, haven't tried much but I think someone here confirmed it was also possible, so I usually use Don't Touch Me and MIDA to make this a breeze.

You can definitely do it with hunter. It's the only class I tried to do it with and it worked without problem.

Shito

lolwut?

It's the best legendary sniper rifle in the game. 95% of the time I have the BH equipped.
Probably referring to its somewhat useless perk breaking its useful one, that they had to remove from the game. ^^

You can definitely do it with hunter. It's the only class I tried to do it with and it worked without problem.
Do you know which subclass / jump you equipped to do it?

How, how can you have the lengthy post about how fucked your code is, how much it blows losing heavy ammo, how much of a waste of time it is for everyone grinding glimmer to get heavy ammo, how much you listen to your community, how important they are to you, how you respect their complaints... blah blah talks a lot but doesn't actually say shit...
and then this. No heavy ammo synth from Xur. To add insult to injury, it is an identical Xur lot from Jan 2nd. What the fuck? Honestly, who the fuck is running this game? Either people completely oblivious to the people playing it, or some seriously villainous mother fuckers who are loving this experiment in player manipulation and maximizing profits.

Definity

Was really hoping xur would have a red death upgrade. I've had one sitting in my vault for ages and would like to level it up now for CE.

E92 M3

Probably referring to its somewhat useless perk breaking its useful one, that they had to remove from the game. ^^

Do you know which subclass / jump you equipped to do it?

If that's the case I agree, but even without the perk the gun is fucking amazing. It has made me love sniper rifles so much more. I can just run ROC Strikes all day with it.

How, how can you have the lengthy post about how fucked your code is, how much is blows losing heavy ammo, how much of a waste of time it is for everyone grinding glimmer to get heavy ammo, how much you listen to your community, how important they are to you, how you respect their complaints... blah blah talks a lot but doesn't actually say shit...
and then this. No heavy ammo synth from Xur. To add insult to injury, it is an identical Xur lot from Jan 2nd. What the fuck? Honestly, who the fuck is running this game? Either people completely oblivious to the people playing it, or some seriously villainous mother fuckers who are loving this experiment in player manipulation and maximizing profits.

I agree. I was almost 100% sure we'd have heavy ammo this Friday. I think Deej isn't communicating with the dev team, or the dev team aren't listening.

Rtas

This is ridiculous, I've been playing this game since launch and in the last three months I have gotten nothing but shards energy and pointless vendor weapons from the nightfall. What is the point in making a task that is excruciatingly difficult to complete when the reward at the end is absolutely pitiful.

I love this game but some things in it are utterly broken. It just seems completely unfair that I can bring through a level 27 who's not been playing destiny for much longer than a week and he'll get Gjallahorn and I'll be stuck with another random vendor weapon that I just break down for the glimmer/energy anyway. Its ridiculous and is just a broken game mechanic that they sorely need to fix.

Until now I've not complained about destiny, because I do have fun with it, it does have some glitchy features and some things are broken but I enjoy playing with my mates, but its ridiculous when I've put in the same amount of time and effort and most times more so than someone who'll get the best rewards time and time again to the point where they don't even need them, and just dismantle the items.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I think word of Crota is near the top of the list for best legendary handcannon. Really like it. Black hammer is the only sniper I use anymore.

I got Obsidan Mind helmet on my lock :D looks sweet!

Over the past week or so I've gotten -

Obsidan Mind
HoPF (sharded)
No mans land (sharded)
Sunbreakers
Pocket Infinty
Dragons Breath
Starfire Protocol

Still no Ballerhorn though :I

Also why does it seem easier to get exotics than legendarily in this game?

Shito

This is ridiculous, I've been playing this game since launch and in the last three months I have gotten nothing but shards energy and pointless vendor weapons from the nightfall. What is the point in making a task that is excruciatingly difficult to complete when the reward at the end is absolutely pitiful.

I love this game but some things in it are utterly broken. It just seems completely unfair that I can bring through a level 27 who's not been playing destiny for much longer than a week and he'll get Gjallahorn and I'll be stuck with another random vendor weapon that I just break down for the glimmer/energy anyway. Its ridiculous and is just a broken game mechanic that they sorely need to fix.

Until now I've not complained about destiny, because I do have fun with it, it does have some glitchy features and some things are broken but I enjoy playing with my mates, but its ridiculous when I've put in the same amount of time and effort and most times more so than someone who'll get the best rewards time and time again to the point where they don't even need them, and just dismantle the items.
Yes, they really need to expand the vendor stocks, even allowing them to sell exotics for an insane amount of coins / a new nightfall currency.
If I can't be lucky (and I know I ain't), at least give me the opportunity to grind my way to a Horn, Bungie. I understand Xur was supposed to be this possibility, but clearly the thing is not working, and is but another layer of RNG, most probably impersonated by a very sad employee over at your office.
I don't care if it takes like a month of daily play to grind enough currency to buy myself an exotic, I would gladly do it for the ones I really want, and I would feel like I really deserved them.

Sorry it was a few weeks ago.
No problem. ^^
I will give it another try one of those days. :)

Two Words

I got Don't Touch Me and a few exotic shares from the gloves engrams. I still have 78 coins, so I'll be ready for next week still. But holy shit, how many times is he going to sell Starfire Protocal?

LiK

yea, it's the reason I want the Hunter exotic. It makes soloing the first part super easy. This is good for when I don't feel like doing the full raid and just want some quick shards.

The reward for nightfall is the bonus experience and rep. Sure you have a chance for exotics and legendaries, but the real reason to do it is the bonus.

E92 M3

I agree with you completely. With that said, CE has taken a step in the right direction with loot distribution. It's so much better than VOG and the Necrochasm coming fully upgraded is a step in the right direction.

LiK

anyone wanna do PVP tonight? I've accumulated all the easiest PVP bounties. gonna probably knock those out tonight.

Namikaze1

I got Don't Touch Me and a few exotic shares from the gloves engrams. I still have 78 coins, so I'll be ready for next week still. But holy shit, how many times is he going to sell Starfire Protocal?
Haven't you heard? Starfire Protocol is the new Voidfangs Vestmants. :p

They seriously need to sell Heart of Praxic Fire or that skull helmet since neither has been ever sold.

patchday

Nightfall anyone? Invite me- sandboxgod

Something wrong with Black Hammer? seems pretty good too me so far

Hi there people.

Level 31 (really...really close to level 32) Titan on PS4

I am looking to get a group together that will run VoG until we get the Flawless Raider trophy?

I don't care if we only do it once a week...or multiple times a week or what have you.

I would just like to put that trophy to bed.

PSN is bigdaddygamebot

Respond here or shoot me a friend request and we can plan.

Top Bottom