• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT2| The Last Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can earn 100 marks a week. No matter how many you spend,no matter how many you earn,you can earn 100 per week.

You can however have more than 100 in your inventory. So after two weeks of earning 100 each week you will have 200 marks in your inventory.

That is correct, but since this is first week only, it'll be capped at 100. I was under the impression that whatever marks you earn above 100 will be thrown away, but just realized the game doesn't even give you marks if you're capped. Not like it makes any difference in either cases though, both are shitty situations.

Raikko

Neo Member
Blink has to be the most awesome and awkward ability in the game. Awesome for closing distances and dodging supers, awkward to judge where you'll end up, often into a wall when trying to gain higher ground, or off the map to death. Taking some getting used to.

Danj

It could be lag, honestly. I see a lot of that. Or they go for headshots more than you.
It's pretty hard to tell without seeing you play and what is actually happening.

Good point. I guess I can record a video or something, I'll go do that.

Klyka

Banned
Just making sure my PS4 isn't borked... Sometimes it can take up to 45 seconds to just travel to town.

For anyone else?

It's the server trying to connect you to an instance. That's why it takes so long, connecting all the other players with you + loading their details.

Trickster

Asking again, I've never seen any legendary engrams drop. Am I unlucky or should I keep at it in PvP or Nexus farming? Im lvl 21, hunter.

I've been playing this game A LOT since release, and I only just got my first legendary engram a few hours ago. Didn't get it from pvp, or from some high lvl strike. No, I got it from replaying a level 7 story mission. Seems utterly random how you get things in this game

Asking again, I've never seen any legendary engrams drop. Am I unlucky or should I keep at it in PvP or Nexus farming? Im lvl 21, hunter.

Do which ever doesn't make you bored, I ran Nexus earlier and found it quite boring (I did get one legendary Engram to drop, but it ended up being a blue item anyway). I still think Crucible is the way to go for great equipment. I'll only do Nexus for like 30 minutes before I go to bed or something.

educator

I've been playing this game A LOT since release, and I only just got my first legendary engram a few hours ago. Didn't get it from pvp, or from some high lvl strike. No, I got it from replaying a level 7 story mission. Seems utterly random how you get things in this game

Thanks for clarifying! :)

Klyka

Banned
That is correct, but since this is first week only, it'll be capped at 100. I was under the impression that whatever marks you earn above 100 will be thrown away, but just realized the game doesn't even give you marks if you're capped. Not like it makes any difference in either cases though, both are shitty situations.

Yeah you just won't get any anymore.

It's basically progression gating, which I am not usually a fan of cause some people just like to grind,so let them.

ocean

Banned
What do I need to do to not suck in Crucible? Other than "be level 20+" "have some white shield bar thing" "have uber legendary gear"?

BxfNWdnIMAAxoEm.jpg:large

I'd suggest you main an AR and then have a shotgun or fusion rifle for close combat in smaller maps. If you're a good aim, a Sniper can be boss in larger maps as well.

Most of all, the trick is shooting for the head. It sounds obvious but you're really just wasting your time with body shots as you'll hardly ever kill someone with them. Unload an AR clip to the head and the enemy's dead before they react proper.

I'd suggest you start off in Control. Since the flags are in fixed locations and the indicator shows you when one is being captured, you get a good idea of where enemies are/are going. Modes like Rumble or Skirmish are a lot more hectic because you don't necessarily know what direction to expect enemies from.

After a while, you'll learn the maps, what routes enemies usually come from, you'll get grenade placing down. It comes slow, but it happens. I'm a fairly mediocre player at multiplayer shooters. This is the first one I've put some time into, and a week later I can say I've gone from being consistently the worst in my team to maybe second? Stick with it and git good.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's the server trying to connect you to an instance. That's why it takes so long, connecting all the other players with you + loading their details.
That's what I thought! Thanks!

Man, been playing this what is it now, 30 hours without breaks (besides bathroom, of course). Finally got my first legendary, and it's decent.

Sullichin

Will I continue upgrading my subclass after I hit level 20, or I do I need to continue leveling up with motes of light in order to get the remaining things I haven't unlocked in it?

Imo, the open world is not much more than Rage at this point. Lifeless, repetitive and useless missions are being pasted in it. Rage had some racing at least, lol.

And the PvP, well, I am getting somewhat bored. I do well but it doesn't feel rewarding abusing Supers and using OHKO's left and right. Its fun but wears thin already. There aren't many maps and modes, either.

I agree. This is why a frequent DLC schedule will be essential to Destiny's relevance going forwards. If December's expansion is just a single new explore area, a single strike, and a single PVP zone, the game is screwed. People will blitz through that in a single day.

Each planet needs multiple explore areas, at least three per planet, and same deal for strikes and crucible maps. They have a lot of assets and resources already created, they just need to double down on putting them together into larger explorable zones and PVP maps. We also need far more interesting and varied patrol missions, better enemy AI (patrolling spawns, more group events, rare monsters worth hunting down), and maybe even non-combat gameplay pursuits - something like WoW's archaeology profession that provides a reason to return to different areas, dig into their lore, and get some rare upgrade materials and currency as a reward.

Game is thread-bare right now, which is a shame because the gameplay foundations are amazing.

Klyka

Banned
I agree. This is why a frequent DLC schedule will be essential to Destiny's relevance going forwards. If December's expansion is just a single new explore area, a single strike, and a single PVP zone, the game is screwed. People will blitz through that in a single day.

Each planet needs multiple explore areas, at least three per planet, and same deal for strikes and crucible maps. They have a lot of assets and resources already created, they just need to double down on putting them together into larger explorable zones and PVP maps. We also need far more interesting and varied patrol missions, better enemy AI (patrolling spawns, more group events, rare monsters worth hunting down), and maybe even non-combat gameplay pursuits - something like WoW's archaeology profession that provides a reason to return to different areas, dig into their lore, and get some rare upgrade materials and currency as a reward.

Game is thread-bare right now, which is a shame because the gameplay foundations are amazing.

Would you say what you describe is this game's......Destiny?

How many planets are there?

Earth, Moon, Venus, Mars.

Hagi

So to level up past 20 i need to find some epic loot or something like that? which i'll only get from RNG? sounds like fun.

Ken

did a bunch of crucible

saw one legendary engram go to someone else. got some level 20 blues but meh, will try again tomorrow.

So to level up past 20 i need to find some epic loot or something like that? which i'll only get from RNG? sounds like fun.

like 95% of the blues i got after hitting 20 have come with light so it's not too hard to get to at least 24 just in blues. I'm guess i'll need a few legendaries or exotics to get to 26 though.

Two and a half hours farming the nexus, got a bunch of blues and one purple. Decrypted them and not a single one was better than gear I already had ;__;

We tried, GAF :p

I'm with you. I did it for like 2 hours last night and the only thing I got worthwhile from 9 blues and 2 purples was a somewhat decent rare auto rifle. Oh, and one strange coin.

Chief1690

Banned
Two and a half hours farming the nexus, got a bunch of blues and one purple. Decrypted them and not a single one was better than gear I already had ;__;

We tried, GAF :p

Same thing happened to me last night. Farmed Nexus for about an hour and a half got around 15-20 blues and 3 purples plus one more for leveling up my cryptarch and when I decrypted them they were all useless. -_-

SkylineRKR

You can Level with just Blue Gear thats Level 17 onwards. It will contain Light. I am currently level 22 with a blue loadout. Problems will arise at 25+.

Ark

Sorry Ark, but your RNG is in another edition!

Nooooooooo :(

Anyone in DestinyGAF EU fancy a Strike? Want to get that trophy.

PSN: Hasney

It has to be the same subclan (like DGAF EU3 or whatever) BTW.

Same thing happened to me last night. Farmed Nexus for about an hour and a half got around 15-20 blues and 3 purples plus one more for leveling up my cryptarch and when I decrypted them they were all useless. -_-

I think I should just stick to the Crucible... At least that's enjoyable :p

Does loot drop % increase the higher level you set the enemies?

It's too random to tell, I don't think so.

I believe that there is a slight quality difference in the loot gained from a dropped engram from a higher level enemy only because i've had engrams from level 6 drop a few times to get either bad greens or level 17 blue, which is bad when you are level 24.

Deku Tree

Is it just the Guardian that fires the final "Kill" shot who gets credit for the kill statistic on a boss?

I was playing the Venus Nexus Strike mission last night, and I probably took like 75% of that big bullet sponge bosses health but I didn't fire the kill shot because his shield was blocking me and I didn't get the bounty... So I guess I have to play this strike by myself if I want to be sure to get the bounty? Is it even possible to turn off the matchmaking?

Terrible IMO...

Would you say what you describe is this game's......Destiny?

I would say it's this game's duty to all the customers who were promised a great story and wealth of content, but were greeted by a game that has a solid foundation but does absolutely nothing of interest with it.

"Destiny" implies it's going to happen. December will be the sink or swim moment for Bungie. Either they'll provide the wealth of quality content they promised and the game will maintain a playerbase, or it'll be more of the poor quality crap we have right now and the game will be permanently dropped in favour of other big holiday titles that manage to deliver.

Klyka

Banned
Is it just the Guardian that fires the final "Kill" shot who gets credit for the kill statistic on a boss?

I was playing the Venus Nexus Strike mission last night, and I probably took like 75% of that big bullet sponge bosses health but I didn't fire the kill shot because his shield was blocking me and I didn't get the bounty... So I guess I have to play this strike by myself if I want to be sure to get the bounty?

Terrible IMO...

No that must be a bug because you definitely do not ave to fire the kill shot. Actually almost every bounty is shared with your fireteam.

Zomba13

I feel Bungie kinda wants people to just play the game and get loot while playing no matter what they find fun but they didn't really anticipate that the MMO crowd would jump on the game something fierce and basically want all the usual MMO tropes in it like boss drops and stuff like that.

I don't know or just bad design, who knows anymore.

I'm just playing to have fun *shrug*

Well they designed a loot game using the recognised loot colour system (white/green/blue/purple/yellow-gold-orange) and they are incorporating a raid soon which they said only the hardcore could finish. I kinda think they expected the hardcore MMO types to play Destiny.

Hagi

did a bunch of crucible

saw one legendary engram go to someone else. got some level 20 blues but meh, will try again tomorrow.

like 95% of the blues i got after hitting 20 have come with light so it's not too hard to get to at least 24 just in blues. I'm guess i'll need a few legendaries or exotics to get to 26 though.

just got some blue gauntlets with light after losing a game of control lol so it's all good. Purchase redeemed!

Chief1690

Banned
I'm probably just going to spam the hell out of crucible to get a lot of crucible marks and then do bounties and patrol missions to up my faction rep to get legendary gear. It's getting tiresome of farming for engrams and getting worse shit than what I've already got. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom