• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

FinKL

So bungie haven't confirmed exactly what they are doing with spindles? I spent all my marks yesterday on Hung Jury and don't have a comparable Sniper to infuse. I'd rather not infuse Still Piercer as other characters can't use it. Think I'll buckle down and do the 1000 yard stare quest

Ambitious

I can't quite nail getting the scent of the worm chest.

Hopefully I can find a couple of kind peeps to stand on some floating platforms to pre-mark them for me later tonight. Preferably a couple of people that need that fragment too, so we can help each other.

Max your agility, equip the MIDA multi tool and gogogogogo

Check your subclass perks. Max your agility, as noomi said. If you're using a Warlock, jump in the general direction of the platforms and get your ghost out mid-air. You don't fall down immediately (like you would if you were to aim or shoot a weapon), so you can safely glide down to the next platform.

I don't understand infusion. My 290 helm infused with 294 should go to 293 right? It went to 294. I thought it rounds down after a point but I guess it always rounds up?

I'm ok with this.

What was your original attack value of your 1000 yard?

I just did my 293 with 310 spindle to take it to 307. If I did a 300 spindle first it would have taken it to 299, then 308 according to the Calc

Original 1000 yard was 300 but I had 3 310 Spindles to waste. 300>308>310

Check your subclass perks. Max your agility, as noomi said. If you're using a Warlock, jump in the general direction of the platforms and get your ghost out mid-air. You don't fall down immediately (like you would if you were to aim or shoot a weapon), so you can safely glide down to the next platform.

That's great except I don't have a warlock :)

It's a titan.

LiK

Its more of an issue of seeing the platforms though all that haze and fog they obfuscate your view with. The time to take out the ghost and get them to appear in wireframe and try to see them is really time consuming.

yea, Hawk, Nami and I worked together to get that chest by doing the platform method. invite some people who needs that chest to help out and it's much better. I remember a random was struggling constantly to get that solo.

ocean

Banned
Do you not get the Ir Haluk card from
doing the raid?
Nope. Thought it was a glitch but the internets said this mission worked. Sounded sketchy but after yesterday, you never know :p

Turns out it's true! 30 Grimoire points between the two Deathsinger's cards.

Whoyouare

Wow, I'm at 297 with Raid gloves, what's the best way to get gear that is higher level? Strike playlist or Court of Oryx or luck? My ghost is still 287.

Frostburn, did you ever finish Oryx last night? If not do you want to give it a go this evening?

Psn: Manicstreet

Ambitious

You in the mission now? Also do you just follow the mission steps for this?

Oh it needs to be one shot at a time?

I'm in the mission now, but I've already killed one of them. So even if you joined now, you would only get the other Grimoire card, so you'd have to restart the mission anyway.

As for how to kill them:

No, I kept shooting non-stop. I didn't go further than where I am in the screenshot. They don't even react to rockets, so you can use them too.

Scout Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Rocket Launchers. Just stay in the back room.

Has this been posted?

First gameplay of the new Titan exotic chest Twilight Garrison and its signature "Evade" ability.

It looks amazing!

https://vid.me/UQJO

tumblr_m1icomdf8l1qfxq1qo1_500-1-1431394624.gif

how to obtainnnnn

Nuszka

Hello fresh OT. Ok, i refuse dismanteling my 310 Spindel in to a 300 one, i do hope bungie will come to their senses and not nerf it down with the patch.

E92 M3

10am or 10pm est? if its 10am est, im in

never got past oryx sadly.

It's the reward for
opening the door.

I hope you're right. I was so bummed when we skipped right past Jupiter and went to Saturn. The yearning for a 'Galilean Moons' expansion is so real. Water world Europa, volcano world Europa. Io and Ganymede might be a bit boring, but at least give me those first two!!

I'd buy the fuck out of that expansion for sure.

CPq5BqpU8AAD28B.jpg:large

Yes, this works.

Is that the grimoire for who I think it is?

People put too much stock into light level and are still stuck on the old system. If the heroic raid is at 310, even someone at 300 can beat it. It seems like Bungie is going for difficult scenarios and less just dumb bullet sponges.

Heroic will be 320 or higher and drop 310 gear I feel.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm in the mission now, but I've already killed one of them. So even if you joined now, you would only get the other Grimoire card, so you'd have to restart the mission anyway.

As for how to kill them:

Scout Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Rocket Launchers. Just stay in the back room.

Omg they take so much damage. WTB sniper help :p

Ambitious

That's great except I don't have a warlock :)

It's a titan.

In that case, I'd suggest pulling out your ghost for a moment and then immediately sprint + jump in the general direction of the next platform. As far as I remember, you don't have to hold your ghost until the platforms become visible. Its "scan wave" should make them appear even if you have already put the ghost away. This should save you a few seconds.

Dave_6

Well if I didn't get anything else done last night (no Spindle, still no NF) I at least got the Ace of Spades. My first acquisition of any of the new exotic primaries.

Have 19 of 25 sword kills done in crucible, and up to a whopping 37% in the first part of the TLW quest :/ I'm never gonna get that shit done.

I don't understand infusion. My 290 helm infused with 294 should go to 293 right? It went to 294. I thought it rounds down after a point but I guess it always rounds up?

I'm ok with this.

Within 5/6 difference you definitely get 100% it could be as much as 8/9 but I can't remember all my fuses

Namikaze1

So with the confirmation, I might as well infuse some random legendary to over 300 and later on infuse a lesser value spindle with a blue I have with 290+ value and afterwards the random legendary I infused with the 310 spindle.

In that case, I'd suggest pulling out your ghost for a moment and then immediately sprint + jump in the general direction of the next platform. As far as I remember, you don't have to hold your ghost until the platforms become visible. Its "scan wave" should make them appear even if you have already put the ghost away. This should save you a few seconds.

Gotcha. I just can't "see" the platforms well enough.

I will try and find 2 helpful peeps tonight and see if that does the trick, I suspect it really will.

LiK

So with the confirmation, I might as well infuse some random legendary to over 300 and later on infuse a lesser value spindle with a blue I have with 290+ value and afterwards the random legendary I infused with the 310 spindle.

you doing nay Raids tonight? can I join? I'm 280 now.

noomi

+1

Such a great tool, but it is possible for the results to sometimes be slightly off. Either way, very helpful, I use that one a lot.

Hello fresh OT. Ok, i refuse dismanteling my 310 Spindel in to a 300 one, i do hope bungie will come to their senses and not nerf it down with the patch.

Nerf is comming bruh, we just don't know when. I must've bought 7 or 8 300 versions from the kiosk and infused a bunch of weapons with them.

Hey, did you guys ever raid last night? I didn't see you online when I came back on.

Frostburn

Frostburn, did you ever finish Oryx last night? If not do you want to give it a go this evening?

Psn: Manicstreet

I'd be down for doing it this evening, I'd love to go in with a few that know what they are doing but mostly I just want to complete the raid and the two quests I have.

Top Bottom