• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective Pikachu FINALLY announced (3DS), first trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rardk64

This looks like it could be pretty fun. I wonder how serious it'll be. I'd like it to be a semi-enticing detective story, so here's hoping.

M4cZZVh.gif

This is weird but I like it.

Omg lol, this is gonna be a new meme right?

scamander

Banned
Wow, I'm surprised this is still coming. Thought they canned it long ago, lol. Also, wasn't this originally planned for mobile?. Anyway, the price seems really low for a Pokémon game. I hope it isn't finished in two hours. :/

Fuck me I hoped this had been cancelled. Pikachu doesn't fit in this context at all, especially with the fact that he fucking talks, and in quite possibly the most stupid non-fitting voice of all time.

Meowth would have made this a million times more bearable and actually appealing (whilst actually making some kind of sense).

I do like the concept though, something different for Pokemon at least. Just too bad the execution is so bizarre.

also

Banned
I don't get the complaints. Pikachu looks great, better than his current look in the mainline games. Also his (manly) voice is hilarious.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Pikachu looks and sounds awful. What were they thinking?

How does he sound awful?

I don't get the complaints. Pikachu looks great, better than his current look in the mainline games. Also his (manly) voice is hilarious.

I can't help but laugh super hard. It's totally self aware of how ridiculous it is, too.

udivision

Looking at all the little things happening in the boxes during the trailer, it looks like Pokemon actually exist in this Pokemon world. That's like... a first.

Luigiv

I will pay thousands of dollars if NOA gets Danny Devito for this.

Danny Devito, in London?* Nah, that won't work. We need Benny.

*Actually I have no idea if that's the case but one of the live action shots in the trailer is clearly the Thames river, so I'm going with it.

Bear

Danny Devito, in London?* Nah, that won't work. We need Benny.

*Actually I have no idea if that's the case but one of the live action shots in the trailer is clearly the Thames river, so I'm going with it.

Which shot? I'm pretty sure all the live action scenes are from Boston and that's definitely the Charles River shown about 30 seconds in.

Luigiv

Which shot? I'm pretty sure all the live action scenes are from Boston.

The one with the river from above. Looks like London, but then again I guess it could be Boston. You may be right (I've never been to either city).

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I need to return to the warm embrace of Nintendo. This is gold.

Prophane33

Really want to pick this up this weekend, but I'm not sure how much game there's going to be for an eshop only Y1,500 game.

Bear

The one with the river from above. Looks like London, but then again I guess it could be Boston. You may be right (I've never been to either city).

It's definitely Boston, here's an imitation of the shot in Google Earth (and a worse Google Maps version)

The first live action shot (0:27) shows the iconic Boston Harbor hotel

And the third (0:33) shows the State Street building from behind

Mega

Banned
Fuck me I hoped this had been cancelled. Pikachu doesn't fit in this context at all, especially with the fact that he fucking talks, and in quite possibly the most stupid non-fitting voice of all time.

Meowth would have made this a million times more bearable and actually appealing (whilst actually making some kind of sense).

I do like the concept though, something different for Pokemon at least. Just too bad the execution is so bizarre.

Pikachu fits if you actually want this to do well. Meowth isn't popular enough to sell this game. Pikachu is the big selling point as Pokemon's biggest draw for both casual players and regular fans of varying ages. I see Meowth being a less appealing option to the bulk of the target demographic, all except the tiny niche of serious fans posting on enthusiast gaming forums like GAF. I don't disagree with you about Meowth, but the current direction makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom