• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC |OT| Electronic old men running the world. A new age.

Sorry for not letting this thread die.

I'm pretty early on in the game. I was doing a side quest for Jenny. I was always working on the main quest. I just got back into my apartment when Jensen did his thing on the CPU and then I look and my quest for Jenny has failed. What gives :|? No way to restart? :(

edit: Oh there is a glitch where you fail the quest by taking a particular route. What the hell, how was that not fixed.

I've gotta say, the way that the Missing Link stuff is integrated into the campaign is kind of slapdash (especially the thing where you basically need to spend Praxis points on inventory space if you did so previously or you lose a bunch of your equipment).

I just got a reload speed upgrade for a weapon.

Can anyone give me some advice on weapons? I've picked up a bunch, should I be selling these things? If I add a upgrade to a weapon, and get rid of it. If I pick it up again later will I have that same upgrade on it?

Also, any general game advice would be appreciated.

Weapon choice depends on playstyle. Are you going stealth? Lethal or non lethal?

Upgrades are tied to a specific weapon. So if you drop it, another won't have those upgrades. However, weapons you drop will stay there forever so you could come back later and pick it up. (Until you leave that area for good.)

Sorry for not letting this thread die.

I'm pretty early on in the game. I was doing a side quest for Jenny. I was always working on the main quest. I just got back into my apartment when Jensen did his thing on the CPU and then I look and my quest for Jenny has failed. What gives :|? No way to restart? :(

edit: Oh there is a glitch where you fail the quest by taking a particular route. What the hell, how was that not fixed.

Yeah, there's an unfortunate glitch in that sidequest. Do you have a save you could go back to?

PC version runs pretty smoothly for me, shame about the hacking minigame and takedown animations being locked to 30fps. Incredibly jarring when transitioning between them and 60fps gameplay.

I've gotta say, the way that the Missing Link stuff is integrated into the campaign is kind of slapdash (especially the thing where you basically need to spend Praxis points on inventory space if you did so previously or you lose a bunch of your equipment).

Yea, it's the only part of the game I dislike.

I got my WiiU version yesterday. Played this game on Ps3 (finished it twice) and the DC is so much better. I love this game. On the one hand the graphics didn't age very well (Holy shit, Ps2 character models?) but on the other hand punching innocent people in the face is always fun.

zXe

I installed this (directors cut version) earlier on steam and it's a stuttering mess. So I went and installed the original version (vanilla human revolution) - again on steam. It's fine, no issues. What's up with the DC version. I've looked at a lot of ini tweaks but a lot of people on steam discussion pages still have problems. I feel like just sticking with the original even if the boss fights are worse. It looks nicer too imo compared to this new version.

Tested on
i5 3570k
GTX 970
8GB DDR3
Windows 7 64

uceenk

just finished the game in PS3

i choose
Sarif's vision in the end, although kill myself option sounds tempting :D

Okay, so the Typhoon makes every boss fight in this game 100% trivial.

Beat the first boss by hiding in the vents and shooting at him a lot.

Beat the second boss by using two EMP mines and typhoon hits directly afterwards (after Eliza drained her the first time or whatever).

Beat the third boss using the Typhoon twice.

Beat the fourth boss by using the Typhoon five times.

in my case, i never use typhoon at all during boss fight, i only get Typhoon augmented later on

first boss is easy, i managed to take him down only use stun guns

second boss, the most difficult boss, die several times, i finished her with combination of combat riffle and shotgun and running a lot to avoid bombs

third boss, i use rocket twice to defeat him

fourth boss, using everything i got ... particularly to blow up the turrents

cj_iwakura

Finished the PS3 version. Really enjoyed it, especially the ending varieties(and the ending itself, very rare). I chose the Neutral path, I guess you could call it.

Final boss was a joke. I didn't have too much trouble with the other bosses once I figured out how to hit and move. I'd say the first was the hardest.

Also, Eliza was the bestest.

RPGCrazied

I know, I'm years late to the party. But I got the augmented version for $16 on eBay coming my way. It pays to wait. :p

Guessing I'll have to buy the DLC later on, since I doubt it comes with, even if does I'm sure the code is used/expired.

DarkFlame

Banned
A prequel to my favourite game of all time,the original Deus ex that is.

Human Revolution is a great game,certainly lived up to it's legacy and while it doesn't surpass the original,nor in terms of plot,level design and gameplay innovation,it still packs a punch of what made the original so special:choice in objective approach,cybercop skills,a great story-centric game with great cyberpunk atmosphere,good dialogues and a cool central character

What's not to like?Let's hope Mankind Divided takes that one step further

Glass

This is by all means and purposes the Deus Ex OT on GAF right?

Goddamn my thirst for Mankind Divided is so real.

Tizoc

Got a question regarding escaping Tai Yong: What's a good place to position a single Gas Mine to knock out all the soldiers? Speaking fo which, at what points can I get Gas Grenades or more Gas Mines.
To be precise I've arrived at Zhao's office and I need to know a good place to place the gas mine.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
I just finished the Missing Link DLC, got my ammo and praxis kit back, But all my weapons are on another part of the ship that is now blocked off. Seriously? I wouldn't care so much as Ill probably find those weapons again. The problem is that they wont have the upgrades.

Now if you will excuse me, Im gonna see if there is a way to noclip.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
God dam it, you dont keep your weapons in NG+ How am I suppose to laser people thru walls now.

Top Bottom