• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Menitta

So, I'm thinking about picking this up. I've been looking at gameplay footage and it looks fantastic. What I'm concerned about is story. Will I be able to play this with no problem without having played Human Revolution?

SJRB

Gold Member
So, I'm thinking about picking this up. I've been looking at gameplay footage and it looks fantastic. What I'm concerned about is story. Will I be able to play this with no problem without having played Human Revolution?

The game has an extensive "previously on Deus Ex" intro video that will give the basics on Human Revolution.

bjork

Yes. There's a video that recaps the HR story in about 12 minutes, so you can get caught up with no problem.

[edit - beaten, I should refresh before posting apparently, heh]

Menitta

The game has an extensive "previously on Deus Ex" intro video that will give the basics on Human Revolution.

Yes. There's a video that recaps the HR story in about 12 minutes, so you can get caught up with no problem.

[edit - beaten, I should refresh before posting apparently, heh]

Ok, that works for me. If I can catch up to Yakuza with those videos Deus Ex should be fine.

Thank you both!

Radogol

I had a retail PS4 release for a while but gave it away. I'm now considering buying digital copy, also on PS4. Does anyone know if the saves are compatible between the two versions? Will be very grateful for any help.

Radogol

I had a retail PS4 release for a while but gave it away. I'm now considering buying digital copy, also on PS4. Does anyone know if the saves are compatible between the two versions? Will be very grateful for any help.

Got that answered. The saves are compatible if anyone else wondered :)

Theosmeo

On XB1 and having the M14 crash right after the new patch, anyone have a fix?

Honestly I would HIGHLY recommend playing HR first it's very similar to MD but with a better story and longer run time. MD is full of small quality of life improvements but if you're looking for a safer bargain on weather or not you'll like it you should pick up the definitive edition of HR which is much cheaper anyways.

Ricker

Maybe I am not in the mood or something but I am really confused on how things work in this game so far...I am in Prague and cant for the life of me figure out how to reach the guy in the bookstore...also some locked doors have extra alarms when you fail the hack that shoot you down when you are kicked out...? why is this so hard...coming down the stairs from my apartment,I turn a corner and some guy starts shooting me...? why ?... I can climb a ladder but theres nothing there...sewer has a weird quest with a guy behind a theater screen....?

lol,maybe I should restart this...

Menitta

On XB1 and having the M14 crash right after the new patch, anyone have a fix?

Honestly I would HIGHLY recommend playing HR first it's very similar to MD but with a better story and longer run time. MD is full of small quality of life improvements but if you're looking for a safer bargain on weather or not you'll like it you should pick up the definitive edition of HR which is much cheaper anyways.

I bought it on PS3 a while back and booted it once and died on the intro level. I'm planning on picking up MD on Black Friday, so I'll try to finish HR by then.

Has there been any official word on what the PS4 Pro upgrades are for Deus Ex? I may have missed it in the shuffle of all of the other titles.

Man, I really wish all the DLC got inserted into the main game instead of taking place fully separately. I know, I know, balance matters for them to be good experiences, but having DLC genuinely make Prague bigger would make me really happy.

pbayne

PS4 version. Why is everyone aggro towards me. I mean everyone. I can't do side missions(first area) anymore because of it. Is it a bug? Cause i haven't killed anyone so far?

cilonen

I'm at the part where I need to choose between Allison and the bank... with light spoilers can anyone assist with which is the best to choose? I will only do this 1 Playthrough

I've raided the bank already and it seems logical to save Allison (human!) but I've seen online some mention of an antidote which I guess I might need later for my ghost run which I'm doing?

Meh, you never meet Allison so it's no that big of a deal. I always chose antidote on my play throughs as that'll actually come in handy.

Regginator

For AusGAF this game is $34aud at Target next weekend.

They don't have $ in Austria.

900x900px-LL-1cd234e6_half-trollface.jpeg

ed: I thought spoiler tagging images worked?

Zakkath

Anyone else have weak voice audio during cut-scenes ? (PS4) Adjusting the audio settings doesn't help. The voices are very quiet compared to everything else.

Ok, Im liking the game as I did the first but just want to make sure here since I purchased a new TV recently and this is one of the first games I played on it......the game looks just bad right, looks very much like a ps3 remaster if even that, otherwise liking. : )

playXray

Does anyone have any feedback on patch 1.0.9? Apparently it improves the frame pacing issue and is generally smoothing all round.

Just wrapped this up, though I still need to do 'Desperate Measures' (worth it?).

Not thrilled with it overall, needed more downtime in the city hub (which needed to be larger) with more side content, the game felt a bit lean and the main story really isn't thrilling enough to excuse the lack of interesting side missions. I think I did all of the missions barring one (didn't do something in
Golem City
& and I guess it locks you out of the mission) and I don't feel like I fully explored the city hub. The ending is also way too abrupt, they're definitely banking on a sequel. I remember reading before release that they were going to address the complaints about boss fights by making sure lethal & non-lethal players would both be able to tackle them, but I guess "addressing" them meant removing them entirely? Sorry, almost entirely, but yikes, Mr.Freeze that final fight aint.

As for the end of the story itself I have a question:
Is the implication that we weren't playing as Adam Jensen? The comments made by the psychiatrist at the end plus the Sarif/Aug side mission seem to suggest that wasn't the Jensen from Human Revolution but instead a plant by the Illuminati.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
how bad is screen tearing on the OG ps4, i hate screen tearing with a passion but human revolution was one of my fav games last gen

Menitta

Are you talking about Dubai?

Please elaborate then.... I thought it was completely fine and am currently enjoying the hell out of this

Yeah just Dubai. Mostly the last bit. Singt kept dying and so did I. It was based on a timer and not how many guys you kill. It was rather unclear as to how to keep him alive and what exactly I'm supposed to do. It was just really frustrating.

Yeah just Dubai. Mostly the last bit. Singt kept dying and so did I. It was based on a timer and not how many guys you kill. It was rather unclear as to how to keep him alive and what exactly I'm supposed to do. It was just really frustrating.

Ah, gotcha

I just kinda went for the objective right away, eliminating those directly in the way

Played out fine and i guess how developers intended

Cairnsay

Banned

Yeah that part isn't great. Fortunately you can sort of skip it, just sprint straight to objective engaging only when you absolutely have to, and it works out fine.

Dimorphic

I grabbed this on Steam and am loving it. The train station after Dubai gave me a Half Life 2 vibe which I really appreciated.

For those with it on PC do you recommend controller or KB/M? I'm using my XB1 Elite pad at the moment.

J_Viper

I beat the game killing no-one and raising no alarms (or so I thought). Then I found out that getting traced, even in a successful hack, counts as an alarm. BLAH. I'm thinking to run through the easiest difficulty with cloak and a stack of multi-tools. Good idea? How long will it take if I only focus on the main missions and skip cutscenes?

Wait so, failing a hack counts as an alarm?

What if it was out in the hub and not in an active mission, would that still count against the achievement?

Alpende

Wait so, failing a hack counts as an alarm?

What if it was out in the hub and not in an active mission, would that still count against the achievement?

Failing a hack counts as an alarm but getting traced during a hacking attempt, even a successful one, does not count as an alarm. I got the achievement and I definitely got traced but I never failed a hacking attempt. I would imagine failing any hack voids the achievement, even in the world hub.

J_Viper

Failing a hack counts as an alarm but getting traced during a hacking attempt, even a successful one, does not count as an alarm. I got the achievement and I definitely got traced but I never failed a hacking attempt. I would imagine failing any hack voids the achievement, even in the world hub.

Damn that's silly. Oh well, the game is still excellent.

Thanks for clearing that up

Finished up and really enjoyed except last areas, feels like they want you to run and gun, kind of just wanted to finish up at that point and used cloak from start to finish of missions which was dumb.

Overall solid 8, enjoyed as much as first.

Been playing the game since the Black Friday sale and really enjoying it so far.

My only minor complaint is that it can be really easy to completely miss some of the side quests without a guide.

SJRB

Gold Member
NDZnaLw.jpg

Released today [2nd of December]! They took their sweet time, but better late than never.

Tracklist:

01. Sonic Mayhem - Main Menu Theme [03:38]
02. Michael McCann - Sandstorm [04:52]
03. Michael McCann - Opening Credits [02:00]
04. Sonic Mayhem - Safehouse [02:54]
05. Sonic Mayhem - Distorted Reality [04:59]
06. Sonic Mayhem - Dr. Koller [03:39]
07. Michael McCann - Sewers [04:20]
08. Michael McCann - TF29 [04:18]
09. Michael McCann - Dark Days [04:30]
10. Michael McCann - The UTULEK Complex: Golem City [04:26]
11. Michael McCann - Tensions Rising [04:21]
12. Sonic Mayhem - Janus [04:48]
13. Michael McCann - Palisade Bank [04:49]
14. Michael McCann - The Machine God [04:07]
15. Sonic Mayhem - G.A.R.M. [03:23]
16. Sonic Mayhem - Martial Law [03:10]
17. Sonic Mayhem - Prague [04:11]
18. Sonic Mayhem - The Orchid [04:16]
19. Sonic Mayhem - Apex Towers [02:39]
20. Sonic Mayhem - Battle for the Future [03:53]
21. Ed Harrison - Rippers [01:31]
22. Ed Harrison - Tarvos Revelation [05:12]
23. Ed Harrison - Versalife [07:46]
24. Ed Harrison - Breaching the Veil [04:29]
25. Michael McCann - Embrace What You Have Become Trailer [03:30]
26. Michael McCann - E3 2015 Trailer [02:33]
27. Sonic Mayhem - Adam Jensen 2.0 Trailer [01:56]
28. Sonic Mayhem - 101 Trailer [05:51]
29. Sonic Mayhem - The Mechanical Apartheid Trailer [03:39]

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Any tips for
beating Marchenko
?
I'm getting my ass kicked and dying really fast. Playing on Give me Deus Ex.

Alpende

Any tips for
beating Marchenko
?
Use an EMP grenade and then finish him off with a melee attack. It also helps to hide in a vent and disable lasers and whatnot.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Use an EMP grenade and then finish him off with a melee attack. It also helps to hide in a vent and disable lasers and whatnot.

Alright, thx!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So, what's the best overall performance on the Pro?

4k? Or 1080p?

Just beat it tonight was able to
stop the bombings and save Brown.

Also got the pacifist achievement.

Any tips for
beating Marchenko
?

I
turned off all his drones and crap and shot him with like 25 tranq darts. He's easy if you turn off all his stuff which is mainly controlled by security terminals on the 2nd floor, I tried using a melee attack after an EMP grenade and it wasn't working well for me.

Overall I liked the game but man people weren't lying about that abrupt ending. It's an 8.5 of 10 for me. The main thing for me was that the game rarely forced you to adapt, like it never really changes things up. Once you get cloaking skin you pretty much use it for the rest of the game if your going for a stealth play through.

Remote hacking is pretty great but other than that I never found the other new augs to be practical. TES and the tesla arc are cool looking but I never found an ideal situation to use them. It's easier to just sneak by enemies cloaked.

I did enjoy the social aug debate stuff. I just wish they used it more and fleshed it out a little bit. It has a ton of potential, it just needs a bit more work.

Oh and Eidos Montreal can fuck right off sticking a post ending epilogue cutscene in the middle of 30 minute long credits that you can't speed up or skip past.

Top Bottom