• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Deus Ex Mankind Divided

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided-09.png

I think this is an interesting game.

Physically you get tons of weapons and enhancements.

Visually the game feels next gen level (I played it on PS5)

The story is built around taking down a psychic terrorist and it feels kinda questionable I'm pretty sure I was lost the entire time but I get what they were trying to accomplish in the Elon Musk failed AI police state.

Deus Ex shows flashes of greatness BUT I don't like the linear approach, I bet if you take the hacking away and add a more passionate story it would be the greatest game of all time.

Fbh

Really enjoyed some aspects of the game.
Prague itself was a lot of fun to explore and IMO a good example of how a small map with good hand crafted level design can be more fun than a giant map that's just big for the sake of it.
The bank is also great and easily one of my favorite levels from last gen.

But other elements of the game felt a bit disjointed and undercooked, at times it really felt like for whatever reason they were only able to release half the game they wanted to.

Nico_D

Definitely a very good game. Personally, the biggest problem was how easy it was to build a super stealth Jensen who could just run through the maps without being detected.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
The general consensus is that they kind of killed the franchise with this one, which is a shame because Deus Ex has one of the most interesting world setups and narratives out there (at least until Deus Ex: Human Revolution).

The narrative in Mankind Divided was just shallow as hell, practically not advancing the main plot at all. The ending is interesting with a surprising minor plot twist but that's just it.

But rather than that, I really liked the game in terms of setting and gameplay.

And to be honest, when people talk about Cyberpunk 2077...sorry, for me Deus Ex is miles away in terms of Cybergenetic Human World concept, materialization and above all, gameplay.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided-09.png

I think this is an interesting game.

Physically you get tons of weapons and enhancements.

Visually the game feels next gen level (I played it on PS5)

The story is built around taking down a psychic terrorist and it feels kinda questionable I'm pretty sure I was lost the entire time but I get what they were trying to accomplish in the Elon Musk failed AI police state.

Deus Ex shows flashes of greatness BUT I don't like the linear approach, I bet if you take the hacking away and add a more passionate story it would be the greatest game of all time.
Have you played Human Revolution? I'm curious as to what someone who played MD first thinks of HR. If you haven't, I recommend playing it after MD if you aren't burned out. For me, it's the better game.

Just watching GVMERS document about Deus Ex.

I really hope the series continues because I really liked Human Revolution and Mankind Divided.

I played Human Revolution at launch on PS3 and it's still on my list of best games. The story, the world, the gameplay, the soundtrack.. everything just clicked for me. Sure, it had old looking models and horrible boss fights but it was brilliant

The sequel was an improvement over HR in terms of gameplay. I think the world hub was a little better and improved character models but overall, the story was rushed and it didn't feel as large or as grand as HR's story

Please bring Adam Jensen back, Square!

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
The actually good Cyberpunk 2077

Also terrible depiction of my city Prague.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Game feels next-gen? It runs dynamic 4K @ 30fps lol. SX runs 60 but without resolution upgrade :messenger_pouting:

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
Game mechanics are still good but most of them are the same from the first game, they introduce new perks which are poor implemented, some even useless. I beat the game without using any of them and without overclocking.
The investigation part is improved, now you can begin new quests just paying attention to people around you, which give you hints to access to new zones without using guns and hacking, The detective side quest is really good.

The plot around DE:MK is very interesting, I think many people don't get it.

Bought this at launch, haven't played it. It's always the victim of being pushed off my palette in favor of something else, partly due to how much of the online mini-game has to be played to complete the trophy list.

Still hopeful Eidos and S-E will revisit the series again.

intbal

Squeenix Ex

Mankind Divided and Human Revolution are fine games for what they're trying to do.
But they're not Deus Ex. That series ended at Invisible War.

GuinGuin

Banned
The scale of the game felt very small and the awesome boss battles from Human Revolution were nowhere to be found. Disappointing overall.

Last edited:

Outlier

Have you played Human Revolution? I'm curious as to what someone who played MD first thinks of HR. If you haven't, I recommend playing it after MD if you aren't burned out. For me, it's the better game.
DE:HR is the better game, BY FAR!

I played MD (PS4) years ago first and thought it was good. Then played HR (PC) last year and was blown away by the effort and content put into it, in comparison to MD.

It's pretty obvious MD got screwed in development. :(

R6Rider

Gold Member
Awesome game and got rid of the terrible boss fights from Human Revolution. I'd have to play both again to determine which I prefer, but MD has some really cool perks/augmentations.

I remember the bank section in particular being a favorite of mine.

I also recommend the older titles to those who haven't played them.

GuinGuin

Banned
DE:HR is the better game, BY FAR!

I played MD (PS4) years ago first and thought it was good. Then played HR (PC) last year and was blown away by the effort and content put into it, in comparison to MD.

It's pretty obvious MD got screwed in development. :(

The online mob complained that you couldn't win without combat so they borked the game design to satisfy them.

Lupingosei

Banned
I liked it a lot, it felt more Cyberpunk than Cyberpunk 2077.

I know people from Prague did not like how Prague was shown, but not having another American city as a hub was great somehow.

Top Bottom