• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution System Requirements Released [Update: PC Screenshots]

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Corky said:
YEEEEEES full mouse support!!!!!!!!

It may seem like a weird thing to say, but I'm playing through Borderlands at the moment and the mouse wheel only scrolls in certain text windows. Even clicking the down arrow doesn't work in certain windows, forcing you to press page down to scroll. :/

Minsc

Gold Member
Gvaz said:
I wish to know this as well, I'm sure as hell not upgrading since I just got this last year.

You can see the benchmark I posted above, or here, expected performance of a 4890 is roughly 20-25% slower than a 5850. Though it obviously lacks the DX11 features, so losing tessellation should work in your favor a bit.

commissar

banKai said:
One very cool thing in regards to the control scheme that fans will enjoy is that they can use the keypad on the keyboard to enter numbers like in the original Deus Ex.
I love these kinds of details in PC games. Glad to hear it's in there.

I assume the bonus ATi thing they're talking about would be the eyefinity support? Guess we'll find out, has that already been offcially announced?

Phandy said:
3 PC screenshots up at PCGamer.

Looks pretty good, nothing amazing but nice enough.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/03/exclusive-deus-ex-human-revolution-pc-screens/

I'm so fucking excited for this game, but goddamn it is underwhelming graphically. I don't mind the art style and the yellow, but I'm seeing blur and low res textures and ugly character models all up in these screenshots. In-game fire looks particularly bad in those screens. At least the environments look somewhat nice :/

ThoseDeafMutes said:
I'm so fucking excited for this game, but goddamn it is underwhelming graphically. I don't mind the art style and the yellow, but I'm seeing blur and low res textures and ugly character models all up in these screenshots. In-game fire looks particularly bad in those screens. At least the environments look somewhat nice :/

I don't know about underwhelming, but there are certain elements that probably aren't up to full scratch.

The models of some of the characters in those screens aren't fantastic, but there is really something about the world that makes me feel like 'it's just right as Deus Ex' or something.

I mean, the world has that ultra clean but also dirty feel too it. I really like it.

I want to express my interest in making the OT for this game if I have my full membership by the time this game comes out... anyone else looking to take it? It's probably the game that I am looking forward too the most aside from Portal 2 and Witcher 2 this year and it would be a great honor if I could take the OT. I am not reserving it at all just yet, I don't think I have the right to do such a thing as I am still a junior - I'm just expressing my interest.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
JaseC said:
It may seem like a weird thing to say, but I'm playing through Borderlands at the moment and the mouse wheel only scrolls in certain text windows. Even clicking the down arrow doesn't work in certain windows, forcing you to press page down to scroll. :/
Yeah, they totally screwed the pooch with the PC interface for Borderlands.

One very cool thing in regards to the control scheme that fans will enjoy is that they can use the keypad on the keyboard to enter numbers like in the original Deus Ex.

strangely, that's incredibly exciting. It's understandable that you won't be typing out full lettered passwords because the game needs to work on consoles, but I was expecting a using arrowkeys/WSAD or pointing and clicking to navigate those segments on PC. Actually being able to punch in the numbers IRL is one of the oddly connected actions that immerses you in the game.

I'm curious to see how the hacking was adapted for kb/m.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Technosteve said:
Is this an ati money hat game or Nvidia? They recommend the 5850 makes my 4890 cry.

banKai said:
Hope this isn't old:

‐ What is your favourite feature of the PC version?

JK: It is difficult to pick a favourite feature. There is a lot of cool stuff in the game. But
one thing specific to the PC version that we think is quite cool are some features we
have been working on with AMD. I can’t talk about these right now, but a video and
details will be released on Thursday. Let’s just say that they fully immerse players in
the Deus Ex: Human Revolution experience visually.

AMD has this one.

Edit: Beaten.

DaBuddaDa

I think this is another new screen shot, much better looking than the original 3:

fl2dE.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Watch this is gonna be Dragon Age 2 all over again with DX11 performance strangely performing like shit on Nvidia cards until Nvidia releases some drivers that overcome the moneyhat around a month later.

If I can't play with proper performance due to tesselation not being $optimized$ I am going to be pretty fucking irritated.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
abunai said:
A few more bits from 4players:

• Eyefinity support (already knew this)
  • Stereoscopic 3D support
  • DX11 (tesselation is specified) support (already knew this)
  • The game is more GPU heavy than CPU, apparently
  • "handling" (?) gameplay should be reminiscent of the first (button mapping, manual keypad entry, no "push start to begin" :lol)
  • A video showing differences (not sure between what) is out thursday
  • Gamepad support is confirmed in this article

My weak'ish E8500 rejoices! So does my HD5870!

Edit: Game looks great. Really loving the style.

The hud seems smaller and more towards the edges of the frame in the PC screen. Obviously, there is also the item bar on the bottom too.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It's sad that full mouse support is something to celebrate, but I'm glad that the PC version is getting the full treatment.

Also, being a Radeon and Phenom II user, I am totally okay with the AMD moneyhat.

So I was originally planning to get the PS3 version, but I'm wondering if my Asus laptop can run this nicely:

Cpu: i3
ATI HD5145
4GB RAM

What do you think guys?
Thanks!

Controller support being confirmed was probably my last concern on the game. I'm a little worried the game being designed around AMD stuff will see a repeat of the DA2 mess on Nvidia systems but these guys aren't incompetent like Bioware.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
So I was originally planning to get the PS3 version, but I'm wondering if my Asus laptop can run this nicely:

Cpu: i3
ATI HD5145
4GB RAM

What do you think guys?
Thanks!
The PS3 version will run better than your laptop can manage.

rs7k

K.Jack, will my laptop with a 1GB GTS 350M run this better than the 360?

I just want to know my options, either build a PC (haven't had an actual gaming PC since 2001 lol), run this game on the laptop, or just play it on 360 (which I'm perfectly fine with since I don't consider console graphics to be bad at all).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don't want to start an argument over this, but I truly have to know why so many of you game on laptops, when building a desktop rig is exponentially cheaper.

Truant

People buy laptops for everyday use and because they're practical, but every now and then a game comes along, and they want to use the laptop for gaming. Makes sense to me.

Lime

Truant said:
People buy laptops for everyday use and because they're practical, but every now and then a game comes along, and they want to use the laptop for gaming. Makes sense to me.

But buying a gaming laptop defeats the whole purpose of practicality. Have you seen the size of those things, as well as their power bricks, cooling solutions and price? Makes no sense to me.

argument started

thetrin

Truant said:
More practical than buying a cheap laptop for general use, and a nice rig for gaming? Gaming laptops cost ridiculous amounts of money (far more than a low end laptop and a custom rig)

thetrin said:
I don't want to start an argument over this, but I truly have to know why so many of you game on laptops, when building a desktop rig is exponentially cheaper.

One reason is this: We are young college students or recently out of school. For our computer purchase we opted to go laptop but wanted one powerful enough to run some games. Desktops just aren't practical for the college lifestyle.

rs7k

I have a 3Dmark06 score of 8500, is that good enough for the game? Fuck I'm really new at this PC gaming stuff

thetrin

ProtoCents said:
One reason is this: We are young college students or recently out of school. For our computer purchase we opted to go laptop but wanted one powerful enough to run some games. Desktops just aren't practical for the college lifestyle.

I had a desktop all through college, but okay. I'll take your word for it.

ProtoCents said:

Mid Range Desktop + cheap laptop is though. You get the best of both worlds at roughly the same budget. Gaming laptops are just not comfortable for mobile computing in general.

ProtoCents said:

Hrm, I'd say a nice desktop and a cheap, light laptop is far more practical for a college student than a big honking gaming laptop.

ProtoCents said:

fuck that, I'm not giving up my desktop.

thetrin

You can find a cheap laptop for $400-$500. You can make a really nice gaming rig for $800 (I know, I just built one).

That's $1300 for both together. A gaming laptop that matches the quality of the rig would be about $2000. Let's even say it's mad cheap, and it's $1500. It's still not cost effective.

K.Jack

Gvaz said:
Uh he'll be able to play it at least on medium
How do you figure, when the 8800 GT is probably 4x the speed of a rebranded 4570M?

rs7k said:
K.Jack, will my laptop with a 1GB GTS 350M run this better than the 360?

I just want to know my options, either build a PC (haven't had an actual gaming PC since 2001 lol), run this game on the laptop, or just play it on 360 (which I'm perfectly fine with since I don't consider console graphics to be bad at all).
It's very possible, but we'll need to wait until benchmark reviews are released. Just wait until closer to its release.

The 350M is still much more powerful than the 360's GPU, so you'll probably do good at 720p.
thetrin said:

realgamerz.jpg

That is all.

For real though, The formula is 2 or 3 times the cost, for 1/2 the performance. You buy a gaming notebook out of necessity. Everyone else should buy a desktop.

TimmiT

I have an Asus N53SV with these specs:

Intel Core i7 2630QM (quad core 2 - 2.9 Ghz)
Nvidia GT 540M
6 GB RAM

It´s an all-purpose laptop, but it can handle a game like Crysis 2 at 1366 x 768 on high at 30-40 fps, or DiRT 2 with most settings at the highest at 45-50 fps. How would it run this game? Like would it run at least as good/better than the console version?

How's the driver support for AMD cards? I'm using a NVIDIA GTX 275. I wonder if it would be worth it to upgrade at all, or if I should just wait for Kepler to release.

Lime

Instead of uncomfortably sitting with your laptop while taking a shit, why not sit comfortably on the toilet *with* a nice desk with an efficient desktop pc?

funny_pictures_Computer_Toilet.jpg

Like a baws

K.Jack

TimmiT said:
I have an Asus N53SV with these specs:

Intel Core i7 2630QM (quad core 2 - 2.9 Ghz)
Nvidia GT 540M
6 GB RAM

It´s an all-purpose laptop, but it can handle a game like Crysis 2 at 1366 x 768 on high at 30-40 fps, or DiRT 2 with most settings at the highest at 45-50 fps. How would it run this game? Like would it run at least as good/better than the console version?
Better than the consoles, @ 720p.

I really wanna upgrade my aging 4870, but I will wait for the next gen consoles to come out first. It's almost time to build a new PC!

So am I totally delusional to think this will run it at any level?

Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHZ
4 GB Ram
...NVIDA GeForce 9300M GS

Yes, I know it's horrible. I can't wait to get a new desktop unit down the road,of which I'm not sure when, but I don't think it will be around the time of the game coming out.

Smokey

Starting this week I will be able to enjoy the superior version of multi platform games. Not even flinching on those recommended specs (i7 2600k, 8GB, GTX 580 here).

Can't
Wait

Top Bottom