• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided I Review Thread I I asked for this

TheMan

so bascially, if you liked HR you'll like this. Doesn't sound like they went out of their way to change things up all that much.

killercow

More on PC Performance, not looking too hot:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3109...vided-review-impressions-human-evolution.html

I’m running the game on a GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Brad on an overclocked EVGA GTX 1080 FTW. My PC fluctuates between 30 to 50 frames per second at 1080p resolution on a mix of High/Very High settings (not even Ultra) depending on whether I’m indoors or outdoors. Brad says the 1080 hits a steady 60 at 1080p, but the in-game benchmark only reached 46 frames per second at 1440p. Bottom line: It’s not the performance we’d expect, considering how the game looks. Which is to say, it’s pretty, but I’ve seen better-looking games. Maybe Square has a Day One patch planned. Maybe the fault lies with drivers—though we're running the latest Nvidia drivers, which say they're Game Ready for the game. Regardless, we’ll be keeping an eye on it as we get closer to next week’s launch.

offshore

Story negatives don't really concern me tbh. While I would rather have a story that keeps me engaged throughout, most of the time, I long lose track of a games' story when I'm playing that I've become accustomed to it. lol.

This is still a definite buy for me.

Plum

the guy only plays pc games so yeah...missing a lot of great games

Tempted to do an avatar quote but I'll let it slide this time.

Though to be honest I seriously doubt he would give GOTY to Uncharted 4 or many other PS4/Xbone games even if he played them (which is likely). Just doesn't seem like he would like it.

"Story" is one thing in games that's always extremely subjective so I'm never bothered by complaints on that front in reviews.

Good scores overall. Seems to be a continuation of HR's strengths. I'm in baby. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

"Alright, but not amazing" was my optimistic outlook. So far that seems to be the case. Good enough for me to go ahead and pick it up :)

Window

I'm still not a fan of review threads. They mostly reinforce the obsession with scores which seems to serve as a comparison of superiority/inferiority to other games and as a singular assignment of quality. Games, films, music can be very non-homogeneous experiences and their averages don't mean much (beyond a certain point).

That said this about what I expected. An average score in the mid 80s.

Played for a few hours last night. I'll admit the new control scheme has been a bit confusing to get used to, but otherwise, super, super impressed and happy with this. Some reviews saying it's more of the same but better from the first one are right, but that's fantastic imo. We want more Dues Ex, not super fps shooter bro scifi action hunk game.

Looks like the Augmentation/discrimination analogy doesn't play as well as it could in theory and there's not a huge amount to shake up the formula or anything, but aside from that this is a really solid followup to Human Revolution.

That's 100% fine with me. Bring on the pre-load.

Dark Matter

Neo Member
Never been a fan of these games stories.
I remember DX1 plot as a convoluted sci-fi slash conspiracy b-movie mess.

What worries me is the absence of more than one city hub and any eventual lack of contents and quest variety that can result from this.

Is this a sarcastic post, or are you being serious?

Deus Ex MD. was a game I had very high expectations for the dev to blow us away iterating massively on top of HR's amazing foundation .

Deep down I was thinking it'll get no less than 88-92 average.

Never been a fan of these games stories.
I remember DX1 plot as a convoluted sci-fi slash conspiracy b-movie mess.

What worries me is the absence of more than one city hub and any eventual lack of contents and quest variety that can result from this.

Yup. Whilst I enjoyed the story in Deus Ex. What I loved the most is the atmosphere the game created with the incredible music, art direction etc. And this looks just as solid if not better in that department.

Fury451

Banned
It looks like it's tracking about the same as the first in reviews so far, no?

Excited, may have to preorder after all.

So Jeff's review for GB painted it as a safe followup to HR. A little more polished, but not adding much for those who have already played HR. As someone who has never played HR, maybe I'll come away more impressed if I just jump into the series with Mankind Divided?

FelipeMGM

One goood thing is that Im not seeing many complaints on the Gameplay side, which is what Im antecipating the most on this game

Rellik

untitled48s9h.png

Left is PC, right is PS4

Full slider image here:
http://www.pcgames.de/commoncfm/comparison/indexb2.cfm?id=134402

PS4 looks terrible in that image.

ironcreed

Banned
so bascially, if you liked HR you'll like this. Doesn't sound like they went out of their way to change things up all that much.

That is my takeaway. In other words, it's a solid game. I like HR enough, but I am in no hurry to run out and buy this for $60. I can wait.

Top Bottom