• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided I Review Thread I I asked for this

idonteven

untitled48s9h.png

Left is PC, right is PS4

Full slider image here:
http://www.pcgames.de/commoncfm/comparison/indexb2.cfm?id=134402

edit: they are talking about good PS4 and X1 performance though.

what the hell is this ? that looks like ps3 instead of ps4

nOoblet16

untitled48s9h.png

Left is PC, right is PS4

Full slider image here:
http://www.pcgames.de/commoncfm/comparison/indexb2.cfm?id=134402

edit: they are talking about good PS4 and X1 performance though.

I don't understand why people do this.
Why post a cropped shot of the comparison? First of all it means the image is not native and more importantly it makes things look worse than it actually is because that cropped part shows an area at distance, and since consoles run lower AF and resolution they will look 10 times more blurry in comparison than they actually are.

Thabass

I was actually expecting a higher OC/MC score. But this is nothing to sneeze at either. Day 1 for me and hype.

Kalentan

what the hell is this ? that looks like ps3 instead of ps4

Yeah seriously. What the fuck? I really hope that's a 4k vs 1080p comparison and the 1080p image was blown up and therefore blurrier cause... What? Really hope DF has a full rundown before tuesday.

That part about how quick it took to finish everything in the game is pretty concerning.

I guess I've finally reached the point in my life where a shorter game isnt necessarily so bad.

Has there been any word on how long it actually takes to beat this game?

ekim

Is this comparing a 4K screenshot to a 1080p screenshot? Kind of unfair comparison for graphic settings IMO.

Oh yeah. They kind of mixed things up after looking at the source code. They upscaled the 1080p PS4 picture to 4k for the comparison. The "FullHD Slider" moniker is false here.

Ok but not great review scores and Denuvo inclusion makes this a "later" game for me. Seems solid, but doesn't feel like a game I have to play right away.

Not the GOTY-contender response I was expecting to be honest, especially after that 9 from Edge. But it's early days yet, and I'm still liable to enjoy the hell out of the game anyway.

Rellik

I guess I've finally reached the point in my life where a shorter game isnt necessarily so bad.

Has there been any word on how long it actually takes to beat this game?

In the review I was quoting

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/08/19/review-deus-ex-mankind-divided/ said:
It should be stated that Mankind Divided is shorter than its predecessor, comparable to that of Invisible War. Completing all of the side quests and main missions, along with exploring virtually everything in the world took us roughly twenty to twenty-five hours to complete, and then only eight hours on our second go around while still accomplishing everything. Overall, there’s around 25 missions combined, with only one of them spanning a decent length.

Arun1910

That is my takeaway. In other words, it's a solid game. I like HR enough, but I am in no hurry to run out and buy this for $60. I can wait.

This is what I'm doing. I have the Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 Beta's to keep me going for another 2 weeks or so.

Still gonna buy the game regardless of reviews, the gameplay looks great.

mabec

And since it uses the game concepts as when you're controlling Jensen (with similar digitized weapons and augmentation abilities), it's easy to acclimate to and it can serve as a tutorial for the campaign.
One last thing -- I'd be remiss to mention that it does have pointless microtransactions linked to consumables. I don't like that they're there, but I didn't even notice them until I fiddled through the menus after a bunch of runs

https://www.destructoid.com/review-deus-ex-mankind-divided-379879.phtml

HMMM DELAYED 8 MONTHS, I WONDER WHY NOW

Top Bottom