• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I'm currently running through HR, could someone just give me a short list of the biggest improvements in MD? I'm wondering if the issues I have with HR have been addressed or not. I'm 10 hours into it and still not 100% sold on it, I like parts of it but it just hasn't fully clicked with me yet.

spyder_ur

Main Mission 7 spoilers/question.

How the hell do I get up the elevator? The marker is directing me 50M above where I am. I need a keycard to activate the elevator? I've explored all around and can't find another way up. Theres a door to the market but I also need a keycard to get anywhere.

Just finished it. An awesome game, upgraded my score to 9/10. Just behind Doom and DS3 for GOTY personally.

Got the pacifist trophy too, which I thought I'd lost out on in the middle of the game when two robots murdered half of the bank.

aliengmr

So, I'm about to click 'buy', what's the deal with the Microtransactions? Just a quick rundown if they are super annoying or whatever.

only for Breach, really. the dlc options are pretty optional too, especially since we don't know what the story dlc entails.

Got ya, thanks.

Huh, in Breach mode the neat thing where your Steam avatar is used in the IM conversations is either glitched or gone for me, it's been replaced with a generic computer man icon.

(also I didn't expect little stories in this mode)

Samikaze

So, I'm about to click 'buy', what's the deal with the Microtransactions? Just a quick rundown if they are super annoying or whatever.

They're only in the Main Menu, under STORE.

They don't pop up in your game or push them on you in any way, I didn't even know they existed until I played a few times.

EDIT: I haven't tried Breach yet, so can't confirm for that.

epmode

The Breach mode is a F2P-style nightmare.

Single player is in better shape but Square is selling one-time-use character upgrade points for real money. It's kind of disgusting.

Thankfully, the single player microtransactions are somewhat hidden so you may not even notice them.

Huh, in Breach mode the neat thing where your Steam avatar is used in the IM conversations is either glitched or gone for me, it's been replaced with a generic computer man icon.

(also I didn't expect little stories in this mode)

Yeah I'm playing on Xbox and it used my avatar picture. Kinda fun. And Breach is a lot more interesting than I gave it credit. Finished my first Darknet Casefile.

Wonder how much of the plot was influenced by the Trump Campaign.

The atmosphere in Prague and on Picus is bloody chilling - Feels like a 1984-style prediction of TrumPutinian future to me. And it ain't helped by that one local politician being a clear expy of Trump.

The atmosphere in Prague and on Picus is bloody chilling - Feels like a 1984-style prediction of TrumPutinian future to me. And it ain't helped by that one local politician being a clear expy of Trump.

The writing and script must have been done well before he announced he was running for president last July.

small PSA about New Game+

weapons in your storage stash to not transfer...

your inventory fully does (including all weapons), and so did all my ammo in the storage stash. but all the weapons i had in the storage stash are gone.

so if you plan on doing a new game+ (or just want to keep any of those Storage/Elite weapons) make sure you have them in your inventory, not your storage stash, when you think you're near the end of the game (you can always fix that later be reloading an old save but it would take time).

Main Mission 7 spoilers/question.

How the hell do I get up the elevator? The marker is directing me 50M above where I am. I need a keycard to activate the elevator? I've explored all around and can't find another way up. Theres a door to the market but I also need a keycard to get anywhere.
I'm assuming that is Golem City? You can either talk to the guy in front of the elvator and do his fetch quest. You can also do a fetch quest for the gun dealer a few floors above the the elevator and when completed he will let you access his 'cache' attached to the shop and there is a ladder that will bring you to where you need to go. Alternatively, you can break into said 'cache' instead.

Fascism as usual.

The writing and script must have been done well before he announced he was running for president last July.

Don't be so sure.

Marchenko's
dossier confirms Ukraine being conquered by Russia as canon.

Which is fucked up. Man, I really hope that the Deus Ex Prophecy doesn't come true once more this time. I fucking hate Putin, and I think that Pocket Secretary all but confirms the game's plot was heavily influenced by the politics of the past 2 years.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
What does this phone app and triangle code stuff do? Should I care and go install that?

Amon-Lau

What does this phone app and triangle code stuff do? Should I care and go install that?

Just "behind the scene" stuff, kinda similar to what they added to the Directer Cut for human Revolution~

I already had the app downloaded so hearing the stories about the game is nice~

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Just "behind the scene" stuff, kinda similar to what they added to the Directer Cut for human Revolution~

I already had the app downloaded so hearing the stories about the game is nice~
Gotcha, thanks!

Don't be so sure.

Marchenko's
dossier confirms Ukraine being conquered by Russia as canon.

Which is fucked up. Man, I really hope that the Deus Ex Prophecy doesn't come true once more this time. I fucking hate Putin, and I think that Pocket Secretary all but confirms the game's plot was heavily influenced by the politics of the past 2 years.
Yeah... some of that was actually in DX HR (the new Russian States and the coup d'etat) but I'm pretty sure the
Ukraine
part is new. Icarus Landing and The Fall even use the Russian States as a setting but they don't reference
Ukraine

Though you never now... Deus Ex has been rather precognitive. Deus Ex HR even predicted the 'Blade Runner at the Olympics' sort of (though Pistorius was already breaking onto the pro world scene at the the time, it was sometime yet before the Olympics). And also it predicted the Oil Crash... even got the year right, I think... maybe it was '16 and the reasons were different (I forget but it wasn't oversupply) but otherwise it basically stated oil crashed in 2016 (and that was back in 2011).

What am I looking for here? Is there a switch to turn off the gas? Or a must get loot in there?
5F1A7EB2CE5A4D5A0B374399CBDC04C5FCCE2EE8
Nvm, found the valve up there.

Odd.

Just finished the train station mission, and I only knocked guys out.

But the dialog after the mission makes it sound like I gunned people down.

Got to Golem City today and stopped at the point
where you meet Marchenko
. Really enjoyed exploring the area and listening to all the conversations the civilians were having.

I did the tutorial stuff in Breach after that, but now whenever I go to start it the game freezes on that cutscene with the guy putting on the headset. Thankfully I don't care too much for Breach and still have plenty to do in the main story.

Is anyone else is having this issue though, or know how to fix it? I'm playing on PS4.

I posted this in the BST thread but is anyone interested in a Digital Deluxe Edition PS4 code (comes with the season pass and a ton more)? Trying to sell it as I just don't have time for a game like this and frankly, didn't care for Deus Ex HR. Asking for $65 (it's $90 on PSN)

Jeffrey

Steam says 9 hours played. Just help the conspiracy dudes and robbed a bank dry.

Still have not talk to the boss yet lol. Probably should do story quests someday.

bodine1231

I wish you could tell which NPC's have sidequests or conversations for you. It sucks having to walk up to every person in the game to see either a name or civilian.

Iceternal

As relatively good as this game is ... It wasn't worth waiting 5 years ....

Witcher 3 was released 3 years only after 2 and it's five times the game DEMD is . Think about it .

This game , content wise , is worth 2 years TOPS of production .

Their Deus Ex Universe thing better it off in the end.

I think Square Enix got a hard on when they saw how well Ass Creed was doing and they wanted something similar except AC crashed before DEMD was even released lol.

Staf

Timed dialogue? Fuck the hell off, i hate that shit. Other than that the game is starting to warm up to me. The only issue is that i find the story of the side-missions a lot more compelling than the main mission though i'm not very far. Just got to
Golem city

Imagine this game would've been interconnected like Dark Souls and only used the trains for fast traveling.

I really like the game,14h in or so, side missions are fun, main story so far is okay.

I haven't beaten the game yet, but you definitely start seeing why people think this game was cut short in development.
I got back to Prague the third time and finished up Sarifs sidequest just to be told "yea, you'll have to figure out the origins of your secret augments by yourself." End of mission....I've had this side mission follow me around through the whole game just for that half-assed conclusion?

Ric Flair

Banned
As relatively good as this game is ... It wasn't worth waiting 5 years ....

Witcher 3 was released 3 years only after 2 and it's five times the game DEMD is . Think about it .

This game , content wise , is worth 2 years TOPS of production .

Their Deus Ex Universe thing better it off in the end.

I think Square Enix got a hard on when they saw how well Ass Creed was doing and they wanted something similar except AC crashed before DEMD was even released lol.
This game has a ton of content for a five year project. CD Projekt red might be the best game development team around at the moment, it's kind of unfair to match ANY other developer against them, let alone a team under Square management. This game just bleeds character and the story is a fun enough ride. Is it a 60 dollar game? Maybe not, but not many games out out these days really are, either.

nOoblet16

I haven't beaten the game yet, but you definitely start seeing why people think this game was cut short in development.
I got back to Prague the third time and finished up Sarifs sidequest just to be told "yea, you'll have to figure out the origins of your secret augments by yourself." End of mission....I've had this side mission follow me around through the whole game just for that half-assed conclusion?
Uh the game answers that question completely.

The Tai Yong Medical card that you find on the dead guy lets you access their vault where you find details on experimental augs, leading to conclusion that it was that guy with Tai Yong who did it while Adam was in a coma for a year. What Sarif meant from coming to your own conclusion was that you push further on and find this particular thing out yourself after you get that card. All his augs were replaced with duplicated augs that also had the experimental ones with them. Why?

There is more later on.

Window

I still don't quite understand the battery system in place. What exactly pulls down the threshold to which your battery automatically replenishes? Is it only takedowns?

nOoblet16

I still don't quite understand the battery system here in place. What exactly pulls down the threshold to which your battery automatically replenishes? Is it only takedowns?
Every aug has a factor which is low, medium and high.

The next time you activate an aug notice how it cuts the metre slightly the moment you use the aug, how much the metre gets cut depends on whether the aug you use has a low, medium or high consumption factor.

So say you use invisibility, activating it will shorten your max battery by slightly the moment you turn your cloak on. From this point on you can either keep using the cloak until the battery gets depleted or deactivate it. But keep in mind that every time you activate it the size of the battery will shorten.

Window

Every aug has a factor which is low, medium and high.

The next time you activate an aug notice how it cuts the metre slightly the moment you use the aug, how much the metre gets cut depends on whether the aug you use has a low, medium or high consumption factor.

So say you use invisibility, activating it will shorten your max battery by slightly the moment you turn your cloak on. From this point on you can either keep using the cloak until the battery gets depleted or deactivate it. But keep in mind that every time you activate it the size of the battery will shorten.

I didn't realise there was an initial fixed cost being consumed upon every activation. So the upgrades to reduce battery consumption factor affect this fixed cost rather than the rate of consumption (or both)?

Top Bottom