• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 demo on both XBLA/PSN in December very likely!

Kyoufu

DMC2 takes place after DMC4.

DMC4 takes place after DMC1.

So DMC2 is the most up to date on the timeline meaning I can ignore it for now.

Dahbomb

DMC2 should be skipped because it's DMC2. And it doesn't have any influence on the core story since it takes place in it's own little "bubble environment" in the very distant future. It's essentially non-canonical at this point save for the fact that we KNOW Dante will not die in DMC4 because of that game.

Cmagus

I thought they were releasing a demo of the game with the new Resident Evil movie on blu-ray.If that is true thats not till January and if they were gonna do that I doubt they would release it before but that could just be a rumour.

Cmagus said:
I thought they were releasing a demo of the game with the new Resident Evil movie on blu-ray.If that is true thats not till January and if they were gonna do that I doubt they would release it before but that could just be a rumour.
It will be a video of DMC4. Technically a 'demo' but not playable.

lostzenfound

I think this will be the last of all the demos we get this year... but sometime before it in December we'll probably see a few other ones drop (considering they're all out in one way or another):

Culdcept Saga
Turok
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Heroes

...then Devil May Cry 4. Anything else you guys think we'll realistically see a demo of? I wonder if it's something like tweaking difficulty that is holding demos like DMC4 up. Would they go ahead and offer the demo with selectable difficulty options, or do they try and find a middle-of-the-road difficulty level that won't anger/disappoint anyone?

Dahbomb

duckroll said:
So guys, about the DMC4 demo..... any idea when it's hitting? :p
Mid to late December, right around Christmas time is my educated guess. Capcom will be making an announcement of it this Thursday/Friday. You will know concrete details on it this week so just sit tight.

Top Bottom