• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 (NEW direct - feed screens up)

Pureauthor said:
Maybe it'll have something to do with 'revving' up Red Queen.

It'll be cool to see how its done. But this is one of those games that already works so well in its current form so there's no need to force this feature in if they can't find a place that it'll fit into place properly.

SolidSnakex said:
It'll be cool to see how its done. But this is one of those games that already works so well in its current form so there's no need to force this feature in if they can't find a place that it'll fit into place properly.

True 'nuff. But if they do find a way to implement it well, that just adds to the sweetness.

RaijinFY

I find surprising that quite a good amount of PS3 games seem to have aax4 and if GI is to believe, the game runs at 60fps!!? wow...

Dahbomb

Umm... I really don't understand why people are blown away that DMC4 is 60FPS? :lol

ALL DMC games in the previous generation games were at 60FPS, hell even a lot of the better action games lilke NG and ZOE2 were 60FPS. 60FPS is as important to DMC as guns+sword combos, it's practically a series staple. I guess you people can't fathom 60FPS with HD specs but yes even that is very much possible (VF5 looks like it's running at 80FPS+ or some shit...).

However that quote does seem fishy to me. I would think Sonycowboy would've mentioned 4x AA and 60FPS by now. I can however confirm that DMC4 has self-shadowing and other forms of shader from just looking at the pics.

Dahbomb said:
Umm... I really don't understand why people are blown away that DMC4 is 60FPS? :lol

Because alot of next gen games aren't running at that framerate. So people are surprised/excited anytime a game runs at that framerate now.

SolidSnakex said:
Because XBox 360 games aren't running at that framerate. So people are surprised/excited anytime a game runs at that framerate now.
Little fix, I think that's the first reason why people doubt that it's possible.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
more to the point, capcom have mentioned -- in connection with the engine that dmc4 is apparently using -- that 60fps is very difficult to attain on next-gen consoles.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
RaijinFY said:
Oh shit 60fps confirmed!!!??? :D :D :D :D
and wow at AAx4 too!

EDIT: Is it from GI? Just seen this quote on p-sinext forums!

I just peed a little.

The shots do look immaculate.

Dahbomb

drohne said:
more to the point, capcom have mentioned -- in connection with the engine that dmc4 is apparently using -- that 60fps is very difficult to attain on next-gen consoles.
I didn't realize that DMC4 was using that same engine that they were using for 360 games... But still I am pretty sure Capgod will deliver 60FPS for DMC4.

Zabojnik

drohne said:

What does that even mean? It can't be any harder than it was on current/last-gen consoles, I suppose.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Zabojnik said:
What does that even mean? It can't be any harder than it was on current/last-gen consoles, I suppose.
It means that it's hard when you want to have actual next-gen graphics with lots of shaders, polygons and effects. They were talking specifically about the X360 version of that engine for what it's worth, citing even framerate with and without EDRAM use and some other hardware specific details. They also said they added motion blur in Lost Planet and Dead Rising to alleviate the lack of 60FPS. That there seems to be no motion blur in DMC4 it could mean it does run at 60FPS in my opinion, but it could also just mean it's early in development and they didn't get around adding it.

It changed again, this time featuring motion blur

g01.jpg

The Excite translation is great

The team that makes the next generation machine is different though it is made to do.
Even the person who is making it is stylish.
Movement is different.
The effect of Blur is also beautiful.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
gconsole said:
GI has new 5 images (never seen before). Just in case anyone might skipped it.

We were never told this. And is the motion blur a sign from Capcom? Maybe DMC will have motion blur too.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
mckmas8808 said:
And is the motion blur a sign from Capcom? Maybe DMC will have motion blur too.

ooooor, it could be a web-cam that at certain times takes pictures and they are posted? like a semi-live development. It's like Big brother, with videogame development, and in 56k!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
If DMC4 is indeed playable at TGS, I will try my best to get my hands on it. I will let you guys know my thoughts on the game, as I'm sure other japagaffers will do the same.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
TheTrin said:
If DMC4 is indeed playable at TGS, I will try my best to get my hands on it. I will let you guys know my thoughts on the game, as I'm sure other japagaffers will do the same.

damn you for living where the shit goes down :(

and please, don't give a shit about anything else, only play DMC as long as they will allow, then return to the end of the queue and go at it again.

Dahbomb

Since Gameinformer played the game and they seem VERY knowledgeable about the entire series, I am 100% sure that if they noticed frame rate anywhere below 60FPS they would've stated it.

They DID confirm some pretty snazzy water and particle effects... Also they confirmed Capcom experimenting with Shadow enemies in DMC4. :D

RaijinFY

Dahbomb said:
Since Gameinformer played the game and they seem VERY knowledgeable about the entire series, I am 100% sure that if they noticed frame rate anywhere below 60FPS they would've stated it.

They DID confirm some pretty snazzy water and particle effects... Also they confirmed Capcom experimenting with Shadow enemies in DMC4. :D

Did you read the magazine?

Dahbomb

I have the entire magazine on me. Got it today in the mail. I made a huge write up for it on IGN and will be doing the same on GAF tomorrow (it will be the new official thread that C-Warrior has given me the Green light on). I can answer any question you want from the mag and you KNOW I will give the right answer...

Link if you can't wait.

jett

D-Member
Dahbomb said:
I have the entire magazine on me. Got it today in the mail. I made a huge write up for it on IGN and will be doing the same on GAF tomorrow (it will be the new official thread that C-Warrior has given me the Green light on). I can answer any question you want from the mag and you KNOW I will give the right answer...

Link if you can't wait.

Does GI have pictures other than the ones we've seen on Capcom's site/Famitsu or not? :p

Dahbomb

jett said:
Does GI have pictures other than the ones we've seen on Capcom's site/Famitsu or not? :p
Yes, 4 in-game shots you have not seen before.

1) There is a shot of Nero like uppercutting an enemy with his arm (he doesn't release his arm, just a large vertical column of energy).

2) There is another shot of Nero grabbing an enemy with the Devil arm, but it's shown from the enemy's perspective (you get a good look at the arm in action this way).

3) There is one shot where is Nero is juggling an enemy in the air with his Revolver.

4) There is one shot where a lot of enemies are dead and in its wake are a lot of red orbs.

The new shots generally look the same as the older ones, since its the same type of environments, same type of enemies and no other obvious differences aside from the ones I mentioned. The fire effects look really nice, especially the one where a bunch of marionettes are fused together and breath fire. The environments underneath the fire are sort of being smoked/burnt. Looks pretty cool. :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kobayashi had this to say about that, "While I understand that users would would like it as quickly as possible and Sony would like it as quickly as possible, the name of the game is Devil May Cry 4. Since it bears the name of DMC, we can't just make something and put it out, it has to live up to the Devil May Cry name."

:D

Saoh

when will the trailer be released?? the TGS one? friday?

edit: *Random Fact*: DMC's timeline is as follows: DMC3 > DMC1 > DMC4. Kobayashi confirms DMC2 to be non-canon/crap.

:lol :lol wow, they really want to pretend like DMC2 never existed :lol even that Dante isnt the real Dante :p

Kittonwy

Banned
Saoh said:
when will the trailer be released?? the TGS one? friday?

edit: *Random Fact*: DMC's timeline is as follows: DMC3 > DMC1 > DMC4. Kobayashi confirms DMC2 to be non-canon/crap.

:lol :lol wow, they really want to pretend like DMC2 never existed :lol even that Dante isnt the real Dante :p

Good, that non-existent game was garbage and should be rendered non-existent. Let's not mention its name ever again, because it never existed, there is no such thing. This conversation never happened.

Kangu

Banned
They actually never say that. Read the spoilered part in the IGN link. Its the same as ever: DMC2 is part of the story in the far far off distant future where everything sucks. Even Dante.

Anyway the game sounds ****ing incredible. I cannot wait any longer.

Dahbomb

Yeah I made up that part about DMC2 being not canon. The spoiler/black part is what was actually said in the article. I wished it was the other way around. :(

Saoh

Dahbomb said:
Yeah I made up that part about DMC2 being not canon. The spoiler/black part is what was actually said in the article. I wished it was the other way around. :(

i read it, but still, that gives them the chance to avoid it for a few more games... at least untill DMC13 :D

anyway, trailer when?? mid-week? :(

Dahbomb

I would expect trailer sometime around Friday. It might come late Thursday if we are lucky (speaking in US Central time perspective). It's not too long now...

Top Bottom