• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Dot50Cal

Banned
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
So basically the difference between the versions is the same as it was as Burnout Paradise (i.e. not at all) but GAF will continue to turn nothing into something.

No. Burnout was framerate only. DMC4 is AA, Textures and Shaders.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
well, it's comforting to know I still suck at DMC, died at the Berial boss. How do you do that slam move they always showed in the vids, where you slam his head into the ground? I tried B while he was stunned but I just got pulled towards him

still got a cramp in my hand from the long bumper pressing. I hope changing it to RT will be better

Kittonwy

Banned
Teh DMC4 demo supports teh Dual Shock 3 TM. Feelz teh rumble.
Indifferent2.gif

Narcosis

HOLY SHIT!

Nero's Devil Bringer is awesome! The combos I was launching with it kick ass, and pulling enemies right to you to keep a chain going rules! All worries I had about Nero's playstyle not matching the abilities of Dante are unfounded. God, I want the ful retail version right now! :D

[EDIT]I managed to beat Berial the first time :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm very pleased to see people who never tried earlier DMC play DMC4 now :). I'm happy.

Xater

Darunia said:
well, it's comforting to know I still suck at DMC, died at the Berial boss. How do you do that slam move they always showed in the vids, where you slam his head into the ground? I tried B while he was stunned but I just got pulled towards him

You slash him till the flames are dying down then you can do the slam.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Xater said:
You slash him till the flames are dying down then you can do the slam.

well yeah when he was stunned (so no flames) I locked onto him and pressed B but I merely got pulled towards him

Steroyd

Darunia said:

still got a cramp in my hand from the long bumper pressing. I hope changing it to RT will be better

Let go of target lock on. (RB/R1)

Lince

Banned
well now I'm done with the 360 demo and there're some minor differences indeed (360 has better AA, less framerate hiccups specially in cut-scenes and higher-res textures in some places)... I do hope that the minor framerate hiccups are gone in the retail PS3 version because the biggest difference of all is the controller (not trolling, I'm just saying for this game).

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
Psychotext said:
You know... the bumper thing was uncomfortable as hell until I shifted my hand up the controller a little. Just have to hold the controller slightly differently to how I normally do.

Actually that helps a lot. Thanks. Feels much better. Now all is good. :)

C- Warrior said:
It seems the 360 does sharper textures and better AA.

While the PS3 -- randomly does aspects better. For example, the ice on the frost enemies look better.

I disagree. The ice effect on the PS3 looks cheap and unnatural while the 360 version looks more like natural ice. Also even thou both of them were taken of almost the same pose, the angle and area of the shot are different on both. Ice doesn't have that shiny effect also heavy light is present (i.e sun)

sinnergy

Dot50Cal said:
No. Burnout was framerate only. DMC4 is AA, Textures and Shaders.
Seems so. I got Burnout for PS3 because all differences where so small. But I could tell from the two DMC4 demo's X360 version is much better.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
sinnergy said:
Seems so. I got Burnout for PS3 because all differences where so small. But I could tell from the two DMC4 demo's X360 version is much better.
Yeah, because slightly better textures >>>> worse controls

EDIT:
sinnergy said:
X360 version is much better.
:lol :lol :lol

def sim

eh i did just fine with the 360 pad

this whole comparison thing is silly anyway, it's a good game and it works fine on both consoles

buy it for whatever the hell you want and stop making a big deal out of everything duders

f@luS

More than a member.
sinnergy said:
some people dont know how to jauge things . "much" quite THE joke :lol:.
just tried both demo, its almost identical seriously.
YOu want your music, pick the 360
you want a dual shock, pick the ps3
end

sinnergy

Seiken said:
Yeah, because slightly better textures >>>> worse controls

EDIT:
:lol :lol :lol

I have no problem with the controls on both. :lol Seems there is something wrong with your hands.

Xyphie

So.. awesome..

Preordered the 360 CE directly after I finished the demo. I was a bit bothered they used RB instead of RT for targeting but I read earlier in the thread controls will be customizable in the final version so it's fine I guess.

(Worst case scenario: I have to do some soldering work on an extra controller :lol)

I gave my free xbox 1 month pass gold (got it via sending in a 3RROD 360 to MS repair) to Draft, so stop with the PM's . =p

I have 1 left, but I want to keep that for myself :)

Dot50Cal

Banned
Video is uploading now, 434MB. Watching it shows how hard it is to tell them apart, but if you are a quality freak and or are recording the game and want it to look the absolute best, then 360 is the way to go. Blim will have to post it as I'm off to bed. Enjoy the demo all!

um, yeah. the 360 version aside from the frost enemies looks better. plus while i was playing the ps3 demo my controller spazzed out on me :/

even still i don't know which version to get...

anyways, great demo. as plenty people have said the devil bringer adds a lot to the mix

sinnergy

f@luS said:
some people dont know how to jauge things . "much" quite THE joke :lol:.
just tried both demo, its almost identical seriously.
YOu want your music, pick the 360
you want a dual shock, pick the ps3
end

Well the differences between the two Burnout versions is much less than DMC4, sorry.
I am no fanboy, I just want to play the technical best version, Burnout Paradise is better on PS3 (minor, but it's technically better) And DMC4 seems to be technically better on X360 (much bigger than Burnout was imo) I have both consoles so I can choose. It's 60 euro's, so I want worth for my money.

MCD

My thoughts on the 360 demo:

1- X button should be the sword attack, not Y

2- right bumper need to be changed to right trigger

if i can change that in the final game, then my 360 get would be complete.

zoku88

Synless said:
This demo build is from the TGS right??? If so I think some of you need to realize that this demo is from september and NOT the finished build, so save your comparisons for the final game.
Is this true?

Ceb

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I love how people assume that those that are playing it on the 360 have never played DMC before.

Maybe he's... oh I dunno... going by the people who outright said that this is their first DMC? No matter what console they're playing it on.

def sim

McDragon said:
My thoughts on the 360 demo:

1- X button should be the sword attack, not Y

2- right bumper need to be changed to right trigger

if i can change that in the final game, then my 360 get would be complete.

that's exactly what i thought

from what i remember, the controls in the game are completely customizable so that'll be the first thing i do

zoku88

C- Warrior said:
It's the TGS build yes. The mode system, the timer system, all is representative of the TGS 2007 build. So it's likely code back June/July 2007.
So, why do people waste time comparing old builds? :-/

Dot50Cal

Banned
C- Warrior said:
It's the TGS build yes. The mode system, the timer system, all is representative of the TGS 2007 build. So it's likely code back June/July 2007.

"2008 Trial"

I'd say they updated it with the latest stuff if the title screen is any indication.

Yup, feeling pretty damn comfortable with the controls on the 360 after the hand position adjustment thing. I don't care if they have the option to change to right trigger or not when the full game comes out. Pre-ordered LTD edition, £27.99. :D

zoku88 said:
So, why do people waste time comparing old builds? :-/

Two reasons:

The demo-build may be from TGS, but the code could be recent.

or

The engine is set to go several months prior, and the remaining time is balance, promotion, approval, testing, extra content addition, framerate, focus testing etc. etc.

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
Didn`t the TGS Demo have tearing problems? If so this is not the same one.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
I noticed if you leave the title screen rolling, you can see some v-sync issues on the 360 build (look at the fountain). They don't seem to be in the PS3 demo.

Top Bottom