• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
holy crap @ people nitpicking graphical differences. Is it going to augment your experience of the game when you know the ps3 version has fence bars without jaggies, or vice versa? Does it matter even in the slightest sense? I think it says enough when you have to post zoomed in sections of the screen to notice a difference.

The difference is negligable and btw: this is an action game in which graphics are (at least to me) not of the utmost importance. I think people playing are more focused on pulling off awesome moves then noticing brick details or jaggies.

Enough of this bullshit.

maskrider

Dot50Cal said:
The (extremely minor) blurring on the PS3 pics (go by the HUD, not the gameplay) is due to the PS3's poor analog out. The amount of blurring applied because of this certainly doesn't account for the 1/2 reduction in texture resolution, so stop reaching.

You capture from the analog output ? I thought you capture the screens digitally since the screen is rather crisp.

twofold

Kyoufu said:
WTF the PS3 version stutters? I haven't seen it stutter so far...

It happens pretty infrequently, but it does happen. I've played through the PS3 demo twice now and it has cropped up twice. It's not gamebreaking or anything. Just a little annoying.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Well judging from the pics, i wont be playing any version, as both of them have some graphic problems. I sure cant play and enjoy a game where the metal bars on the doors arent properly rendered, even if that game is awesome.

Seriously, who cares when the difference are so minimal between the 360 and ps3 ?Enjoy the damn game

GrayFoxPL

Like I thought fantastic demo. Just reasured an already blind sure day one buy.

Btw. I knew a day would come when gaf comparsions and hyperbole would reach beyond ridicilous levels but I didn't think that day will be when dmc4 demo launched.

"Abandon all hope." - Funny how accuratly the game itself sums this shit up.

Kyoufu

twofold said:
It happens pretty infrequently, but it does happen. I've played through the PS3 demo twice now and it has cropped up twice. It's not gamebreaking or anything. Just a little annoying.

I haven't seen any stuttering. Buttery smooth for me so far.

Darunia said:
holy crap @ people nitpicking graphical differences. Is it going to augment your experience of the game when you know the ps3 version has fence bars without jaggies, or vice versa? Does it matter even in the slightest sense? I think it says enough when you have to post zoomed in sections of the screen to notice a difference.

The difference is negligable and btw: this is an action game in which graphics are (at least to me) not of the utmost importance. I think people playing are more focused on pulling off awesome moves then noticing brick details or jaggies.

Enough of this bullshit.

Some people like to stir up shit on a daily basis.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
just remembered I had a free month of gold from when my 360 RROD'd. Played through a few times already. Anyone beat Berial in the timed mode?

FoxSpirit

Since I saw next-gen in real life and motion, I found out that minor graphic differences won't mean s to the overall experience. Unless you rather watch the game to nitpick graphic flaws instead of playing it.

Or you spend your days comparing screenshots on GAF.

f@luS

More than a member.
twofold said:
from every single preview on the final version , the ps3 version seems to be the one stutter free so its weird

angelfly

How are you supposed to dodge the fire burst from Berial? I can dodge all his attacks except for that one and it ends up taking more than half my life.

Ephemeris

Nice work on that guide Dahbomb.

And thanks for the comparison pics, Dot Fiddy

Still undecided, but I'd probably get the PS3 version (because it looks better on my shelf?)

sprocket

Banned
f@luS said:
from every single preview on the final version , the ps3 version seems to be the one stutter free so its weird

I have both demos.. and IMO all this is just the fact that some 360 die hards can not except the fact of the ps3 having the slight graphical advantage. I am sure I am going to get flamed for that statement. But yeah after this and the burnout thread its pretty clear.

Ephemeris

sprocket said:
I have both demos.. and IMO all this is just the fact that some 360 die hards can not except the fact of the ps3 having the slight graphical advantage. I am sure I am going to get flamed for that statement. But yeah after this and the burnout thread its pretty clear.

I dunno.... I think some of the textures look
just a tiny bit
better on the 360.

SnakeXs said:
wtfisthisshit no sale

:lol :lol

What the fuck is wrong with people? "Oh hey guyz Ps3 gotz beterz Icez it's superiorrs" "Nuh uh Xbox360 gotz beterz texures and grafics." You sound like a bunch of assholes. Just play this awesome demo an enjoy it. Fuck sakes.

besada

Banned
I think a mod needs to come through and clean this thread out of the nitpicking graphical comparisons. The shizz is getting old, and it's heavily interfering with people's ability to actually talk about the game.

Big props to the people telling us how to play better and more deeply enjoy the demo.

sprocket said:
You try so hard. Gotta give that to you if nothing else.

If you're looking at those comparison shots and saying the PS3 version looks better then you truly do have rose coloured contact lenses.

h3ro

I'm d'ling the demo right now... Dot50, while viewing the 360 image on screen, does it seem to have more edge enhancement? I think that is whats giving the 360 version a slightly higher texture look.

Tieno

Can those who are into these minute comparissions maybe do this in a seperate dedicated thread?
zoku88 said:
You have to touch the blue pillar thing (with the o button?)
Ah, I did not see that. I feel stupid.

Played some more, biggest annoyance is the tank controls when trying to run. Besides that, it looks good though I don't realy know what I'm doing most of the time.

god i wish i could just summon ifrit and have an epic battle to the death. berial keeps kicking my ass. they best feeling though was doing an air combo grabbing his horn, and then driving his skull into the ground. i dont know how i did it but it looked fucking amazing.

ive never really been a dmc4 fan, but my brother loves the series and hes gonna go crazy over this game

sprocket

Banned
Psychotext said:
You try so hard. Gotta give that to you if nothing else.

If you're looking at those comparison shots and saying the PS3 version looks better then you truly do have rose coloured contact lenses.

I looked at no shots I am PLAYING both games through HDMI on my tv here. Its quite clear actually. PS3 has some better back ground textures. and is smoother looking.

Tokubetsu

I liked it. NEro does FEEL a bit slower but I think that's because we're playing the earlier levels/fighting the easier enemies. The 360 controller doesn't feel that awkward as you'd think for DMC either. Getting the timing for Nero's EX Gauge is kind of tricky too but I'm feelin it.

Edit: haha, almost had berial but i fucked up ='(. Ex Gauge rapes his ass and remember to grab his head/pull yourself up high. You'll dodge a lot of his moves this way. I started messing up and letting him hit me when he only had 2 bars left. My DMC edge has been dulled ='(

Crazy :lol

That Berial fight was badass, I havent had this much fun in a while. I personally try to stay in the air the whole time. :D

Dahbomb thanks for the tips, I didnt know what I was doing with the EX. Now all I need to do is get the just frames right.

Any one got tips for when to tap LT for the just frames, my timing needs work.

slade

angelfly said:
How are you supposed to dodge the fire burst from Berial? I can dodge all his attacks except for that one and it ends up taking more than half my life.

You jump over it. At least that's how I dodged it. When you see the dust cloud headed your way, jump over it. You'll need to time this right because that cloud has a wave of fire right behind it and the first time I jumped, I didn't make it. Second time, it didn't do any damage.

KingJ2002

Blimblim said:
Here is Dot50cal's comparison video:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5827_en.html

thanks blim... checking it out now.

this might just be me but.... playing this game on a 360 doesnt seem right. it feels like playing sonic adventure 2 on the gamecube... looks great... plays great... but i think i might invest in the ps3 version.

edit: looking at the video... the textures look a bit better on the 360 and ps3 has this washed look too it.

harSon

Banned
So far I've only played the Playstation 3 version...

First of all, FUCK YOU SONY. HOW ABOUT YOU MAKE 1080i SUPPORT FUCKING MANDATORY.

+ Graphics from what I can tell (480p lul) are quite awesome.
+ Controls are precise and intuitive.
+ Although I'm not a fan of metal, it does make the experience all that more hectic.
+ Devil Bringer Arm is awesome.
+ Animations are fluid (60FPS!!!!)

- No 1080i support. I'm forced to buy the Xbox 360 version because I refuse to play this fucking shit in 480p. Once again, FUCK YOU SONY.
- The game takes you out of the action way to much. A mini cutscene for every monster spawn, barrier opening, etc.. is not fucking needed. This is the next generation, take that shit out.
- Graphics while awesome are inconsistent, some areas are not up to par with the rest of the graphics.
- Way to easy? It could be the fact that it's a demo but Itagaki's words about the enemies being stagnant while you attack is somewhat true.

Mamesj

Banned
harSon said:

- No 1080i support. I'm forced to buy the Xbox 360 version because I refuse to play this fucking shit in 480p. Once again, FUCK YOU SONY.
- The game takes you out of the action way to much. A mini cutscene for every monster spawn, barrier opening, etc.. is not fucking needed. This is the next generation, take that shit out.
- Graphics while awesome are inconsistent, some areas are not up to par with the rest of the graphics.
- Way to easy? It could be the fact that it's a demo but Itagaki's words about the enemies being stagnant while you attack is somewhat true.

no need to worry about the game taking you out of the action in the final version or about how easy it is. Berial reminds me of the fight with Cerberus in the DMC3 (J) demo--a great practice boss with a nice difficulty level.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
harSon said:

First of all, FUCK YOU SONY. HOW ABOUT YOU MAKE 1080i SUPPORT FUCKING MANDATORY.

+ Graphics from what I can tell (480p lul) are quite awesome.
+ Controls are precise and intuitive.
+ Although I'm not a fan of metal, it does make the experience all that more hectic.
+ Devil Bringer Arm is awesome.
+ Animations are fluid (60FPS!!!!)

That is a bit much. Since the first DMC game enemies have had some sort of introduction scene, it part of the DMC world, you need to get used to it. I think ninja gaiden has this as well and so will NGII, probably.

Oh man it hurts to hear everyone playing this game. sigh..

Oh does this game support 1080p?

harSon said:
Japan only I believe. Didn't see it up on the US store.

yeah, I checked the US one but I didnt know if it was up but in one of the sub folders and not the main page. It is a mess to go around the current PSN store.

angelfly

slade said:
You jump over it. At least that's how I dodged it. When you see the dust cloud headed your way, jump over it. You'll need to time this right because that cloud has a wave of fire right behind it and the first time I jumped, I didn't make it. Second time, it didn't do any damage.

Tried it again and I guess my timing was the problem. I jump as the fire itself got close.

harSon said:
Japan only I believe. Didn't see it up on the US store.

Just grab it from the Japan PSN store. The whole demo is in english.

harSon

Banned
angelfly said:
Tried it again and I guess my timing was the problem. I jump as the fire itself got close.

Just grab it from the Japan PSN store. The whole demo is in english.

I already have the demo :p Was answering someones question.

cgcg

WickedLaharl said:
come on now. no need to lie.:lol

Well I don't what technique it uses but what makes the metal gates in the PS3 version smooth and the one in X360 a jagged mess? That's not AA?

Top Bottom