• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 SE: Vergil, Trish & Lady Playable, Release Date 18th of June

Dahbomb

DMC5 by Platinum Games announcement at E3 2015

m3MTqFB.gif
No.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is DMC4 the best one or something? I remember trying it and getting bored after the first level or so...

DMC4 features arguably the deepest combat in any action game ever, but the original release suffered from severe pacing, backtracking issues and other general design flaws. While not as complete a package as DMC3, DMC4 probably had the most potential.

It the pinnacle of a sandbox action game.

Here, give this a watch: https://youtu.be/60OL9J0yrik?t=36s

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Come on man, why can't it be like street fighter, just hit me up for the 15 dollar upgrade man.

It's possible that hooks for DLC aren't in place for DMC4, just like how vanilla SFIV couldn't be upgraded with DLC. DMC4 released well before SFIV, after all.

Dahbomb

I need to hear about more modes in this.

Where's my Gods Must Die mode? What about Must Style mode? Training modes?

I know this is good stuff but DMC4SE gotta at least match DmC DE in the game play tweaks and features.

sjay1994

This is how you get a sale for a re release of a game from last gen, IMO.

You add some new interesting gameplay content.

Not just "ohhh! Its 1080p/60FPS now".

Either that, or its a game that I never played or came to NA.

KoopaTheCasual

Playable Lady?!?!?! If only there was a way to retroactively use her DMC3 design, instead of her terrible sexed up DMC4 design. But beggars can't be choosers.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I need to hear about more modes in this.

Where's my Gods Must Die mode? What about Must Style mode? Training modes?

I know this is good stuff but DMC4SE gotta at least match DmC DE in the game play tweaks and features.

I agree to an extent. I think the above modes absolutely should make it in to DMC4SE and it's a damn shame if they don't.

At the same time, three additional playable characters already trumps DmCDE's additions in my mind, if they're given the appropriate level of care. Retooling and repurposing modes is really important for streamlining the experience and extending the base content, but DMC4SE is actually adding base content here.

Playable Lady?!?!?! If only there was a way to retroactively use her DMC3 design, instead of her terrible sexed up DMC4 design. But beggars can't be choosers.

I'm sure it'll be an alt.

Akiller

Opening--->Vergil comes to Fortuna
Ending--->Yamato gets broken and then the Order finds it.

or

Opening-->Vergil comes to Fortuna just after DMC4 ending because Hell gates were opened

*Vergil vs Nero*

Ending-->Vergil manages to get Yamato from Nero and goes away. Nero gets mad and decides to leave Fortuna to seek that "Misterious Dante-like man"/goes to Dante to warn him about what happened.

#Believe

DMC5 by Platinum Games announcement at E3 2015

m3MTqFB.gif

00f5cfdb8c.png

Squishy3

First-print copies of DMC4SE will include additional costumes for Lady and Trish.

Lady's will probably very likely include her DMC3 costume.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
For Trish, I imagine we'll see her Gloria costume as an alt.

For Lady, her DMC3 costume is a given. Maybe they'll also add her DMC3 alt, that showed up during the credits if you used the Sparda costume?

I can't believe this is happening in my life...

There is only one problem, I certainly won't be able to wait the week to get it for PC, but I'd rather have it for PC, so it looks like I'll certainly be double dipping on a game I've already double dipped :)

Dahbomb

I need that game play trailer...

Fuck I want that shit so bad right now.

Man I have no idea what to expect from the game play and tools of these characters. If they have legacy DMC weapons...

o-face.gif

Golnei

You really want the DMC franchise to be killed off huh?
Don't let Platinum anywhere near it.

To be fair, MGR demonstrated they can manage decent sales if they're using existing IP instead of their own disasters. I really don't think a Platinum DMC5 would sell that much worse than an internal effort headed by Itsuno.

She's got at least one new costume, and I can't think of what else it could be (unless they really want to bring back this thing). In the worst-case scenario, at least mods will add it to the PC version eventually.

Oh, the Trish and Lady costumes may end up being sengoku basara costumes, the way they did DMC costumes in ANd.

Remember that the April event is going to have an sb vs dmc segment

KoopaTheCasual

You will get extra business casual lady and like it
You can't keep punk rock Lady down, maaaaan.
There are pre-order costumes for Trish and Lady it seems. Very likely going to be Gloria and DMC3 Lady.
I'm sure it'll be an alt.
First-print copies of DMC4SE will include additional costumes for Lady and Trish.

Lady's will probably very likely include her DMC3 costume.
Hyyyyypeeeeee

TreIII

Oh, the Trish and Lady costumes may end up being sengoku basara costumes, the way they did DMC costumes in ANd.

Remember that the April event is going to have an sb vs dmc segment

Yeah, I could see this, too. Of course, I'm still expecting Lady's original outfit to make it in, still, somehow.

The bigger question is if BASARA costumes make it in, they'll keep them for the Western releases.

Top Bottom