• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Eh, I think Vergil's ending is still way too vague for a solid connection. The only thing there to go on is
Vergil's comically stretched out shadow

sweet_jesus.gif

Don't know why everyone is impressed by that. The player is using super Vergil

Dahbomb

Don't know why everyone is impressed by that. The player is using super Vergil
The skill is still ridiculous. The person could've done the same thing if it wasn't Super Vergil, it just would've taken a bit longer. There wasn't much Super Vergil specific stuff outside of using the Table Hopper move when Sanctus does that lightning move or being in Concentration mode for the extra range/damage on attacks. Maybe the Judment Cut slices are always Perfect too but I haven't checked it out myself.

People just use Super costumes for swag stuff.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I still put Sanctus on top because he can whoop my ass a little which adds to the frustration. The rest of the shitty franchise bosses are bitchmade so it's just a minor annoyance.

ShinMaruku

Do we really have to spoiler tag stuff for a 7 year old game?

Not only that but that line was mentioned in the FIRST real trailer of the game as well.

Yeah this comment doesn't exclude the possibility of Nero being a test tube based off of Vergil's cells.

Well given that in the prior DMC novels using the cells of a high level devil is highly unstable when adding it to a human cell line, I think he's the real deal.

There was a joke since Marvel that Morrigan is Nero's mum and my reply to that was

I wish it were true

The skill is still ridiculous. The person could've done the same thing if it wasn't Super Vergil, it just would've taken a bit longer. There wasn't much Super Vergil specific stuff outside of using the Table Hopper move when Sanctus does that lightning move or being in Concentration mode for the extra range/damage on attacks.

People just use Super costumes for swag stuff.

Sure but the damage in full concentration is ridiculous.

Dahbomb

Sure but the damage in full concentration is ridiculous.
The video wasn't showcasing damage, it was showing the offense, the tricks, the cancels etc.

Also I saw the video again and it doesn't seem that Super Vergil gives you Perfect Slices. There were some regular slices in there.

If he wanted to do damage, he would've just spammed Lunar Phase to break the shield then did Distorted + Full Steam Rising Dragon on him when he crumpled. Boss fight would've been over in 1/3rd time without even needing Super Vergil.

Got my first S rank in this game last night (Nero) so its getting there

I think i'm getting the IR-ing down somewhat

Snatch and Buster are pretty damn cool

Speed is a fucking godsend and i'm shocked it wasn't on him by default. :O

Still haven't added Enemy step yet

Frosts are cool just to style on now :D

I need to taunt some more

Frog dude sucked

Currently "Fighting" stuttering dude but lost due to not being patient at all, will try next time

Making some progress i feel *shrug*

The video wasn't showcasing damage, it was showing the offense, the tricks, the cancels etc.

Also I saw the video again and it doesn't seem that Super Vergil gives you Perfect Slices. There were some regular slices in there.

If he wanted to do damage, he would've just spammed Lunar Phase to break the shield then did Distorted + Full Steam Rising Dragon on him when he crumpled. Boss fight would've been over in 1/3rd time without even needing Super Vergil.

I don't know if I did something wrong but I tried the Distorted + Full Steam in DMD and it didn't do much damage. I mean it did but not on an OP level. Lunar Phase and 5hit2hand combo of Vergil does tremendous damage in Distorted.

I'm more okay with Sanctus now because I can just whip his ass with Vergil :)

Lady owns him really hard too. You can either do shotgun level 3 to break his shield then fireworks (lock-on+back+style button) to stunlock him against a wall or you can use rockets to break his shield then fire a level 3 rocket then pull out the multi-lock to weaken his next shield quickly.

In general, she seems to fare really well against bosses.

BadWolf

Got my first S rank in this game last night (Nero) so its getting there

I think i'm getting the IR-ing down somewhat

Snatch and Buster are pretty damn cool

Speed is a fucking godsend and i'm shocked it wasn't on him by default. :O

Still haven't added Enemy step yet

Frosts are cool just to style on now :D

I need to taunt some more

Frog dude sucked

Currently "Fighting" stuttering dude but lost due to not being patient at all, will try next time

Making some progress i feel *shrug*

Good stuff :)

I don't know if I did something wrong but I tried the Distorted + Full Steam in DMD and it didn't do much damage. I mean it did but not on an OP level. Lunar Phase and 5hit2hand combo of Vergil does tremendous damage in Distorted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgXauYcahSQ

Against all enemies imo.

Sephzilla

Lady owns him really hard too. You can either do shotgun level 3 to break his shield then fireworks (lock-on+back+style button) to stunlock him against a wall or you can use rockets to break his shield then fire a level 3 rocket then pull out the multi-lock to weaken his next shield quickly.

I honestly didn't think I would like Lady when I watched videos of her, but god damn she's fun

Dahbomb

Not that hard to fair against everything in the game when your Shotgun shots are doing almost as much damage as Royal Guard releases...

Dahbomb

Also Nero vs Credo gif FINALLY replaced?

giphy.gif

This is some ANIMAY type shit with the freeze frame where the two Stingers meet. It's like dimensions are breaking around them.

Pappasman

Alright so I finished my first playthrough. Now I understand why people call this half of a game. DMC3 is obviously much better, but damn, the combat in 4 makes it all worth it. Its so good that I really don't care much about the repetition or backtracking.

Anyways, time to learn some more advanced stuff.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Guess that makes Dante's DRI superior.

No charging, just frame timing or concentration required.

Except I think Vergil's level 3 Full Steam + Distortion is actually a lot more powerful than DRI.

He can also probably set it up against more enemies easily with his Heavy Rain Swords.

Dahbomb

DRI was already surpassed in power by the God Fist which is Straight + Full Steam + Distortion in DMC4. It takes longer to start up than Real Impact but the damage is quite higher. That said DRI is more practical for stuff like hitting medium sized enemies.

BadWolf

Except I think Vergil's level 3 Full Steam + Distortion is actually a lot more powerful than DRI.

He can also probably set it up against more enemies easily with his Heavy Rain Swords.

True the damage may be more but the requirements for getting said damage are much stricter and the wind up way longer. With DRI you just do the move and then distort, nothing else to it.

And it's pretty easy to land DRI with Dante thanks to the armor DT provides (not much can interrupt the startup of RI when he is in devil form).

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

giphy.gif

This is some ANIMAY type shit with the freeze frame where the two Stingers meet. It's like dimensions are breaking around them.

Someone post a .gif that shows how 99% of players approach this fight. No style, clumsy mashing for glory.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
And then he goes off to start his mad errand in DMC3 because he wants to create a better world for himself and his soon to be born son.

Except DMC3 is before DMC4 isn't it?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

giphy.gif

Gat dayum! This better sell well so that we get DMC5 pronto.

Robiin

Anyone know the size of this digital version on PS4 (EU if there's a difference)? I'm not by my console and I'm not seeing info on web PSN..

Dugna

Anyone know the size of this digital version on PS4 (EU if there's a difference)? I'm not by my console and I'm not seeing info on web PSN..

20.65 GB is what my download says. US

Also Watching these Nero reversals makes me feel really bad at this game. I know his arm was good for several attacks but god some of this stuff.

Top Bottom