• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

I thou i gonna be rusty as some people said they were, but its quite opposite : o

I started with Lady on 'hard' (wouldnt go LDK first time; ) and had to recheck if it is on devil hunter difficulty (its easy but max u can get besides LDK) - finished +boss in 5-10 minutes, couldnt do more stylish with her yet (no skills? its possible do SS here?) but stylish is for when u want to play it, wanted to check how I remember 1st level till boss and I thou it was harder in the past ..: o

i literally roflstomped it too fast

mb too much competetive games (7 years baby)

Lady is great, after DMC3 who didnt want her playable but ! -> gonna switch to THE ONLY TRUE ONE PIZZA LOVER after half story I just cannot resist

ps.
FK Vergil

_
Dante

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I thou i gonna be rusty as some people said they were, but its quite opposite : o

I started with Lady on 'hard' (wouldnt go LDK first time; ) and had to recheck if it is on devil hunter difficulty (its easy but max u can get besides LDK) - finished +boss in 5-10 minutes, couldnt do more stylish with her yet (no skills? its possible do SS here?) but stylish is for when u want to play it, wanted to check how I remember 1st level till boss and I thou it was harder in the past ..: o

i literally roflstomped it too fast

mb too much competetive games (7 years baby)

Lady is great, after DMC3 who didnt want her playable but ! -> gonna switch to THE ONLY TRUE ONE PIZZA LOVER after half story I just cannot resist

ps.
FK Vergil

_
Dante

Devil hunter isn't hard mode. It's normal mode. Lady absolutely destroys enemies on Devil Hunter. It's very possible to get SSS ranks with Lady, but additional skills help. Any full charge gunshots or rockets give giant boosts to the Style meter.

LDK has taught me crowd control w/ Vergil. Fuck Angelos.

I'm running through LDK as Vergil, and it seems like as long as I don't die and continue, S rank is assured.

At the same time though I wonder how the hell Dante can deal with these, he has pretty much no range and lacks coverage. Vergil's options are very musou game-ish

TreIII

LDK has taught me crowd control w/ Vergil. Fuck Angelos.

For a guy who also plays a lot of Sengoku BASARA too, I'm finding it's pretty manageable, once I've earned some abilities.

Then again, I am playing Lady, at the moment. She can do similar, if not even WORSE in the way of shenanigans than even Magoichi is capable of over in the BASARA side!

Dat Shotgun...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm on mobile and can't search the thread, so sorry in advance.

How's the PC port? I didnt play vanilla DMC4 on PC either.

If you have a decent computer it's fine. A good port if slightly unoptimized. There are some forced visual flourishes that can only be removed by force and mod at the moment, if that's your preference.

komorebi

If you have a decent computer it's fine. A good port if slightly unoptimized. There are some forced visual flourishes that can only be removed by force and mod at the moment, if that's your preference.

4770k/GTX980 here. Alright thanks for the reply, I'll look up specifics when I get a chance.

3570k/GTX970 here, it runs at a flawless 60 FPS in the benchmark at 1080p for me. So for you, it'd run smoothly.

Cheers.

Dugna

So it seems the devs who least made the PS4 version went with color coding on the DS4 controller light. Vergil is obviously Blue, Dante is orange, Lady is whiteish pink (?) Can't confirm Trish's color since I haven't got to her part in the campaign, and Nero is more Neon blue like the color of his arm.

Noticed this when I switched over to dante in the campaign just alittle bit ago.

Zomba13

So it seems the devs who least made the PS4 version went with color coding on the DS4 controller light. Vergil is obviously Blue, Dante is orange, Lady is whiteish pink (?) Can't confirm Trish's color since I haven't got to her part in the campaign, and Nero is more Neon blue like the color of his arm.

Noticed this when I switched over to dante in the campaign just alittle bit ago.

Did they not realise they could use red or something?

Dugna

Did they not realise they could use red or something?

*shrug* it shows up as orange when I play Dante though so...

EDIT: Ohh nvmd, I think it shows up as orange because the light turns red when the battery is going dead.

Also the controller speaker when playing Dante yells out the stances lol

SkylineRKR

Never thought DMC4 would become my fave DMC game but this seems to be the case. I love this edition.

All characters are bad ass, and the improvements are perfect. Level design is still odd but turbo mode hides it well. Lost most of my skills though, beat vanilla on DMD way back.

Lady is more fun than I expected. But I fared bad against Berial. Must use her wrong still.

105.Will

Mission 14 almost drove me over the edge. Those stupid Octo-grabby-demon things kept getting me when I was fighting the blitz on SoS.

Coda

Never thought DMC4 would become my fave DMC game but this seems to be the case. I love this edition.

All characters are bad ass, and the improvements are perfect. Level design is still odd but turbo mode hides it well. Lost most of my skills though, beat vanilla on DMD way back.

Lady is more fun than I expected. But I fared bad against Berial. Must use her wrong still.

It's more of a tough boss fight for her because you probably haven't upgraded her much so she won't have the proper charge shots, etc. Keep pressing on and he'll be a chump after some upgrades.

SkylineRKR

It's more of a tough boss fight for her because you probably haven't upgraded her much so she won't have the proper charge shots, etc. Keep pressing on and he'll be a chump after some upgrades.

I beat him but it was way too close. I shouldn't use her helm breaker as it leaves her wide open after it. Wire didn't work on him either so closing in was harder. But on the flip side you can just shoot charge rockets.

I only have shotgun charge 1. I should max this one. And probably alter the controls so I can constantly charge firearms.

Dinjoralo

I went ahead and tried the performance test again downsampling from 4k, with maxed settings minus antialiasing, which I turned off. It didn't stay at 60 FPS, but it rarely went below 50, which is better than I expected from all the people mentioning it being a tad unoptimized. As I've said, I've got a 3570k and a GTx 970.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is secret mission 3 with Nero even doable at that point in the story? Every single video I find of it is using hold that you don't get before mission 8.
From the image at the beginning it looks like you're just supposed to evade but that feels impossible.

BadWolf

Is secret mission 3 with Nero even doable at that point in the story? Every single video I find of it is using hold that you don't get before mission 8.
From the image at the beginning it looks like you're just supposed to evade but that feels impossible.

It's best to come back to it later.

BadWolf

Any tips for fighting Berial with Lady? I'm getting annihilated by him.

If you keep your distance there isn't much he can do aside from two moves and both are easy to see coming and avoid, pretty much took him out with just the regular unupgraded guns.

The two attacks to look out for at range are the lunge and the flame pillars. Just run to one side to avoid the flame pillars and jump or roll (regular jumping has a lot of invincibility frames till the apex is reached in DMC) to avoid the lunge after he jumps .

Other than that he can't do much, just keep your distance and continue shooting. Don't bother with melee.

ANyone know how long it takes for play asia to import? ordered my copy last thursday, its now next thursday, still no copy and my tracking code isnt working -_-

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I've never bothered with bloody palace... Is there really that much to it? Like, what makes the game so compelling to play at a high level?

Son Of D

I've never bothered with bloody palace... Is there really that much to it? Like, what makes the game so compelling to play at a high level?

Just the combat. All the waves of enemies for you to fight in an even arena. Also the only way for Dante/Trish to fight certain bosses.

Bloody Palace allows you to let loose as each floor slowly ramps up the difficulty without needing to worry about DMC 4's other baggage. No dice minigames, no platforming, no bland level design, no breaking fucking chairs for that Red Orb bullshit ranking... just you, the enemies, and your skills. Whether or not it's "worth it" to play at a high level is all up to you and how much you like the combat system. What makes it so "compelling" to me is that DMC 4 quite frankly has one of the deepest, most gratifying combat systems out there. Learning timings to Max-act on each move and being rewarded with being able to lay waste to enemies, learning all the counter timing, seeing all the buster animation with Nero is just super gratifying. And then when I feel bored with Nero, I can play as Dante who has even more depth. And now I can lay waste with Vergil, Trish, and Lady!

Top Bottom