• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Saturn title but w/ full voice) announced for 3DS

Atlus USA pretty much only has P4G announced right now. I'm surprised they haven't even announced EO4 yet. I wonder what's going on.

It's somewhat worrying how hum they've been about EOIV. And I've been really wanting to play Soul Hackers for a while now.

cj_iwakura

I'm getting a little scared. The Atlus MB's 'coming soon' section still shows Wayfarer and Gungnir, like the staff aren't even bothering.

Someone give me a reason not to worry about Atlus USA.

I'm getting a little scared. The Atlus MB's 'coming soon' section still shows Wayfarer and Gungnir, like the staff aren't even bothering.

Someone give me a reason not to worry about Atlus USA.

M3Yj3.jpg

EDIT: I really couldn't find a worst quality one, eh? Oh well... Anyway here is a perfect reason to be worried :p

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Persona 2 situation is probably more due to PSP being dead here software wise, I don't think it should be taken as a signal for Soul Hackers.

Eusis

Yeah, they could feasibly wait a few years if the system doesn't implode (and we seem to be past that point, even if it's not exactly wildly soaring), so I'm not worried about Soul Hackers too much. Not unless some weird bullshit with retailers has come about or whatever anyway.

Soulhouf

Atlus USA has been strange lately.
They have Soul Hackers and Etrian Odyssey IV to localize on 3DS and instead they went for Code of Princess?
I don't understand...

cj_iwakura

They have Soul Hackers and Etrian Odyssey IV to localize on 3DS and instead they went for Code of Princess?
I don't understand...

I'm glad we're getting CoP, it looks fantastic.

It's the other stuff I'm confused by.

I don't understand...
Atlus USA tends to have a six to nine month localization gap usually. Soul Hackers and EO4 are most llikely early to mid 2013 releases, in which case an announcement now doesn't correlate well with calendar. I'd start worring if we havent gotten world by at least March.

Aeana

Atlus USA tends to have a six to nine month localization gap usually. Soul Hackers and EO4 are most llikely early to mid 2013 releases, in which case an announcement now doesn't correlate well with calendar. I'd start worring if we havent gotten world by at least March.
No matter how you try to sugar coat it, Atlus USA is absolutely late witih the announcements. If you look at their history of announcements and Japanese release dates, it's pretty obvious.

But isn't Soul Hackers out in Japan already?

When is the next big video game event in the US where we could see some nice announcements and surprises?
I highly doubt that something like this could get announced during Spikes's VGA... anything else?

Taruranto

First EP, now this... meanwhile, we get P4G, a release of a not-very old game, not very far from the Japanese release.

Atlus USA really changed their priorities...

Aeana

When is the next big video game event in the US where we could see some nice announcements and surprises?
I highly doubt that something like this could get announced during Spikes's VGA... anything else?
Atlus USA doesn't tend to announce at events, they just make announcements.

Boogiepop

Man, we really need the announcements for this and EOIV. Emails from them for stuff like that Sherlock Holmes game are depressing nowadays (to be fair I have no idea if that game's any good or not, but it sure isn't what I want to see Atlus talking about.)

Volcynika

Man, we really need the announcements for this and EOIV. Emails from them for stuff like that Sherlock Holmes game are depressing nowadays (to be fair I have no idea if that game's any good or not, but it sure isn't what I want to see Atlus talking about.)

Considering before that, they released P4A, Gungnir, and Growlanser, and a week from Tuesday is Code of Princess, I'm ok with a different game. I've heard it's an interesting game, but I'm just not big on adventure style games.

I'm not holding my breath for EP, but Etrian Odyssey IV and Soul Hackers are absolutely coming out in NA. I anticipate an announcement for EO4 soon.

No matter how you try to sugar coat it, Atlus USA is absolutely late witih the announcements. If you look at their history of announcements and Japanese release dates, it's pretty obvious.
It really isn't, it varies quite a bit. Strange Journey was announced a month after JP release, Etrian Odyssey III was 2 months after JP release, Devil Survivor 2 a month before JP release. I just don't think we're at the point to get worried (yet).

Atlus USA doesn't tend to announce at events, they just make announcements.
Not recently. Devil Survivor Overclocked, Crown of Princess and Persona 4 Golden were all first announced by Atlus USA at events.

cj_iwakura

It really isn't, it varies quite a bit. Strange Journey was announced a month after JP release, Etrian Odyssey III was 2 months after JP release, Devil Survivor 2 a month before JP release. I just don't think we're at the point to get worried (yet).

Then I think we all can agree Eternal Punishment isn't happening.

Aeana

So the average is 1-2 months after release. But you're suggesting that we should not worry about EO4 unless there hasn't been word by March? That would be 11 months after EO4's release. Etrian Odyssey 4 was released on July 5th. We're about to head into October. It's already been 3 months, which is uncharacteristic for Atlus USA.

So the average is 1-2 months after release. But you're suggesting that we should not worry about EO4 unless there hasn't been word by March? That would be 11 months after EO4's release. Etrian Odyssey 4 was released on July 5th. We're about to head into October. It's already been 3 months, which is uncharacteristic for Atlus USA.
We're still within month a of release for SH, EO4 is coming up on 3 soon. I definitely misspoke on March though, that's more around when we should be seeing releases. 11 months would be May.

And while going over 2 months is uncharacteristic, it's not unheard of. Gungnir took a whopping 7 months after JP release to get an Atlus USA announcement. Granted that's a Sting game, but it also released after Index took over as Sting's publisher so it's a bit different from the usual Atlus USA external pickup.

EdIt: Actually Growlanser IV took 6 months too now that I think about it.

hongcha

For those interested in doing non-tool assisted, legit speed runs:

A Japanese dude made a flowchart for the 3DS version, he says he used this to clear the game in 4 hours and 9 minutes, but could probably whittle that down to about 3:30 if everything went perfectly. The same chart can be used to clear it in about 6 hours on the PSX version (battles and walking are slower on that version):

http://blog-imgs-54.fc2.com/a/b/i/abi123/20121201154620730.txt

BraXzy

Had a quick scan of the thread but it didn't look promising.

Any chance of an EU version? 3DS region locking SUCKS

Top Bottom