• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil's Third |OT| A game made of liquor with perfect bald man. He is cool.

This is going to end up as the rarest NA Wii U game, finally beating out Hello Kitty Kart Kruisers. Can't believe that Amazon and BB sold out. I live in a major metropolitan area and as of last night there were only 4-5 GameStops with the game in stock at all. Not sold at any other major retailer either. Really glad my copy shipped from Dell.

Final boss is actually pretty awesome but the stunlocking is wrecking me

Got em

EDIT2: Final verdict: 7/10. Game gets much better as it progresses (helps that you also get more used to the controls) but the areas, level design, encounters, and boss fights seem to improve as it progresses. Beginning of the game has a lot of dumb "let's just fill this room with assault rifle dudes for no reason" parts, later ones still have them to an extent but it seems like there's more thought put into them

As dumb as the story and execution are, it actually has a lot of charm to it. Again, I think a lot of the novelty for me is that no one makes games like this anymore.

I would seriously love to see how it would've been received if it had come out before like 2011, I think it would've been more favorable. I tried the 1st Uncharted in the Nathan Drake collection and dropped it due to boring as fuck encounters, while obviously this is a fairly different kind of game a lot of comparisons can be made (I finished DT, for what it's worth... would sooner replay it than U1). It's like if you stripped Uncharted of it's polish and shoved in some character action mechanics, holding it together with some rubberbands. Also goooooore

Multiplayer is pretty rad too! Hope it has legs

Thanks everyone for the comments on the video. I'll post some more soon. Games dumb, slows down like a mofo at times , almost were it feels like the devs were like just fuck it, let's do this. It's just a rare bread of a game, one that isn't taking itself seriously, has flaws, but fill with fps/third person cool ideas....but damnnnn. I just love it. A extremely flawed but pretty gem. Also the MP is bad ass.

I went to go pick up a copy at my local GameStop and the guy tried to sell me a gutted copy for $60.

I walked out and ordered one online, I was going to keep it sealed in hopes of a restock at Best Buy anyway so I don't mind waiting.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Thanks everyone for the comments on the video. I'll post some more soon. Games dumb, slows down like a mofo at times , almost were it feels like the devs were like just fuck it, let's do this. It's just a rare bread of a game, one that isn't taking itself seriously, has flaws, but fill with fps/third person cool ideas....but damnnnn. I just love it. A extremely flawed but pretty gem. Also the MP is bad ass.

rare bread is the most delicious kind, even if its a bit moldy

Labrys

got a copy (their only copy) at game stop, cost me $40.

i was looking forward to this, it reminded me a lot of No More Heroes from pre-release stuff, but I didn't even know pre-orders went up when they did.

Why did we get such an awful cover, lol. Did they not want people to confuse it with Bayonetta? What are people's sensitivity settings? Having a real hard time aiming accurately, shame they didn't use the gyro at all.

Is there a hot gaf clan?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Why did we get such an awful cover, lol. Did they not want people to confuse it with Bayonetta? What are people's sensitivity settings? Having a real hard time aiming accurately, shame they didn't use the gyro at all.

Is there a hot gaf clan?

don't bother aiming manually in ADS, let the autoaim do all the work. if an enemy is in the general vicinity of your crosshair then ADS will snap right to him. you can tag a bunch of guys in quick succession by abusing it.

Alfredo

Sold out at Best Buy. Welp, there goes my plan to trade in Rise of the Tomb Raider and use my GCU discount to avoid paying full price... I hope my onlyl choice isn't the eshop now...

Boke1879

Let me know when yours ships. Mine hasn't yet. Though I went with free shipping because I live close to the warehouse.

I'll definitely let you know. I got the free shipping option as well and I notice it takes GS a couple of days for them to actually ship it out.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I went to Best Buy this morning. My plan was if I found a copy, I was going to hide it till tomorrow and use sale with my GCU. I went to the Wii U section... It was pathetic. They had about 5 games. The Amiibo section was bigger.

I guess I'm gonna have to go to a mom and pop shop and hope they have it.

About how long is the campaign for those who have finished it?

Also, do you get any multiplayer unlocks for finishing the campaign? Costume pieces and such.

fernoca

Sold out at Best Buy. Welp, there goes my plan to trade in Rise of the Tomb Raider and use my GCU discount to avoid paying full price... I hope my onlyl choice isn't the eshop now...
I think Best Buy will have eShop cards starting tomorrow with 10% off(?).

Is not much, but at least $6 off ($60 in cards for $54)..and the trade-in credit, could get you the digital version for $24 (assuming they give you $30 for TR).

Digital version is 14GB though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
After seeing it sold out on BestBuy and Amazon, I decided to order this from Gamestop. I'm definitely interested in trying it out, and I don't want to resort to digital.

Darcotik

Banned
About how long is the campaign for those who have finished it ?

Depending of your skills, something between 7 and 9 hours.
There's a very tricky moment in Mission 7 where some players lost hours.

Campaign does not unlock stuff for multiplayer mode but you get twenty Golden Eggs (rare in-game currency) to use in it. Ten more if you find all trophies and one per level if you complete the chicken mini-game in Scoring mode.

Cleve

Those of you looking for it, and not interested in just getting it as a collector's item, is it not on the eshop?

WVW69ip3BwAfNrVrrS

The fourth level is so ugly, lol.

Picked it up today at Gamestop, playing on a Pro Controller. This game is pretty awesome in the first 30-40 minutes. Might try online tonight.

Those of you looking for it, and not interested in just getting it as a collector's item, is it not on the eshop?

I was wondering the same thing earlier seeing as how everybody is talking about getting it in stores in this thread.

I checked and it's definitely in the eshop.

Top Bottom