• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF/Eurogamer: First Xbox 3 Devkit leaks, 8 Core Intel CPU, nvidia GPU, 8-12GB RAM

Debug code is much larger than release code due to added stuff like checks and which source file and line each instruction block comes from. Also, in order to properly debug memory allocation problems special markers need to be written around allocated blocks, which will bloat memory usage. The extra RAM is also used for debugging tools.

that's a damn good explanation.

thuway

Debug code is much larger than release code due to added stuff like checks and which source file and line each instruction block comes from. Also, in order to properly debug memory allocation problems special markers need to be written around allocated blocks, which will bloat memory usage. The extra RAM is also used for debugging tools.

I would be on board with you if it was 512mb / 1 GB more, but not double these insane numbers already in place. I expect around 6 for MS at the very least.

4-6GB of ram and supposedly 1/3rd to be reserved for the massive OS?

2.5-4GB to the games, 1.5GB-2GB for the OS.

I don't think so, Microsoft consoles never had resource hungly OSs, and thus I don't expect this to change in the future. Just because Nintendo used a crazy amount of Ram for the Wii U OS, it does not mean that MS will follow the same route.

8-12GB would be about right for a 5GB console right?

Cause Microsoft appear to be planning a gaming tablet which interacts with a computer (of some sort) and are branding it Xbox Surface:

xboxsurface.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498691

There are other specs listed under Stationary Device am sure others will be able to explain if they fit the 720 rumours.

In fact...nothing appears to state the tablet will be a controller itself. Has a disc drive and supports USB storage as well as up to 4 controllers at once. So the 7 inch is not a primary display as its too small, its a secondary display.

So maybe MS are following Ninty's lead?

itsgreen

8-12GB would be about right for a 5GB console right?

Cause Microsoft appear to be planning a gaming tablet which interacts with a computer (of some sort) and are branding it Xbox Surface:

xboxsurface.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498691

There are other specs listed under Stationary Device am sure others will be able to explain if they fit the 720 rumours.

In fact...nothing appears to state the tablet will be a controller itself. Has a disc drive and supports USB storage as well as up to 4 controllers at once. So the 7 inch is not a primary display as its too small, its a secondary display.

So maybe MS are following Ninty's lead?

The list was utter bullshit when it was first posted 6 months, still is today.

22.2 surround sound?
250GB SCSI 10K HDD?
380 Watt?

Listing display modes?
Listing wired headset port on controller as an IO port?

Someone needed bulletpoints.

slider

22.2 surround sound?
250GB SCSI 10K HDD?
380 Watt?

Listing display modes?

I wasn't as forthright as you but I just took a similar pov in the other thread.

ekim

22.2 surround sound?
250GB SCSI 10K HDD?
380 Watt?

Listing display modes?

22.2 surround sound is a thing as well as SCSI drives with 10k rpm

Top Bottom