• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToD_

Will I be able to play on EU realms while in the US? (and vice versa)

I'd like to play some games with my brother/friends who live in Europe. I've noticed a lot of online only games don't allow cross continental play anymore these days. I'd hate to purchase a separate European version just for this purpose, but it's even worse if they block IP addresses.

Xanathus

Will I be able to play on EU realms while in the US? (and vice versa)

I'd like to play some games with my brother/friends who live in Europe. I've noticed a lot of online only games don't allow cross continental play anymore these days. I'd hate to purchase a separate European version just for this purpose, but it's even worse if they block IP addresses.

Yes, there is no region block except for the RMAH (not sure how they determine where you are from, whether it's by IP or your country setting in your bnet account).

ToD_

Yes, there is no region block except for the RMAH (not sure how they determine where you are from, whether it's by IP or your country setting in your bnet account).

That's awesome (avatar quote). Thanks.

I just wonder how this will work. In the beta there doesn't seem to be an option to select a realm.
If it's anything like WoW I'm not too concerned. It's just a matter of editing a simple file to change servers. Would be nice if I can choose what realm to join like Diablo 2, though.

That's awesome (avatar quote). Thanks.

I just wonder how this will work. In the beta there doesn't seem to be an option to select a realm.
If it's anything like WoW I'm not too concerned. It's just a matter of editing a simple file to change servers. Would be nice if I can choose what realm to join like Diablo 2, though.

I'm sure the choice will be pretty unobtrusive, like the button for switching currencies is in the current AH model, to keep people from straying from their home realm on accident.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How do people know their battletag already?
Log in to your Battle.net account. It should say your Battletag on the left side.

Mr Swine

Banned
Got to play Diablo III beta on my moms laptop when my little brother came over yesterday. It was really fun! Can't wait for the full game to come out.

Also it played very well on my moms laptop with a ok GPU

Her Laptops specs are

I7 Quad Core mobile 2.2 GHZ
8GB ram
GeForce GT 540M

There where a few times where the frame rate dropped. Otherwise the game looks fabulous with everything maxed out

IceMarker

I'm amused about how all these people who I've never seen post on GAF before suddenly post for their tag added. Either way keep posting 'em and I'll keep adding 'em!

Calidor

well this is really sad.. maphack, pickit and bots are already working when the game hasn't even come out yet:

IkxcG.jpg

8FgeY.png

2cXeP.jpg

I guess that blizz can't do anything against hackers and abusers.

Valnen

Doesn't matter if the hacks work. Anyone can get a hack working. Evading the new warden is another story entirely. Warden as far as I know isn't running in beta. If they do this in the live game they'll get banned really fast.

Longshot

So what's everybody think of the game so far? I know lots of people weren't too happy with the removal of certain features but I haven't really been following D3 at all. My old buddy loved D2 back in the day.

Just saw this. Also for people worried about missing a week for whatever reason:

There will be a short grace period shortly before the game’s release where you’ll be able to make up for any sigils you might have missed.

At the end of the article.

I may try my hand at the art contest since I'll be working on stuff for the OT anyway. Although I don't plan to use any character art of my own creation for that.

at the end of creating the banner, what are you supposed to put as a nickname? just anything or your battletag? where is it displayed once entered?

at the end of creating the banner, what are you supposed to put as a nickname? just anything or your battletag? where is it displayed once entered?

Not sure really, especially if you don't submit a unique photo. I just used the moniker I picked for my SC2 tag.

Also, is the new site new thread worthy? I'll post it if no one else does.

Ketch

Also, is the new site new thread worthy? I'll post it if no one else does.

Yes please do! I'm in the beta but don't keep up with all the updates. I collected all the achievements when I first got in and then was totally put off when I found out they were going to wipe everything multiple times. Are they doing something now in the beta that will transfer over to retail? I'd hate to miss out on some super sweet ass beta only banners or something.

LordCanti

So what's everybody think of the game so far? I know lots of people weren't too happy with the removal of certain features but I haven't really been following D3 at all. My old buddy loved D2 back in the day.

I'm not completely thrilled about the progression/rune system. It seems like people will just figure out the best class builds at any given level, and everyone will copy them. I know people did that before, but now instead of having to plan ahead with your stats, you just switch runes/abilities whenever you want. I also don't feel like the classes are balanced properly (my DH can do shitloads of damage and regen hatred really fast, while the WD I was playing had a hard time keeping mana regenerated, which kind of crippled him).

Minor gripes I guess, but gripes nonetheless.

Teknoman

I want to play Diablo 3 as soon as possible at release...but then I also want to have a box/manual/case to go along side my Diablo 1 and 2/LoD stuff. I guess I could do an Amazon release day delivery or something. Havent messed with the beta in awhile, but hopefully the sound balance issues are fixed by now/will be fixed in the retail version.

foladar

I want to play Diablo 3 as soon as possible at release...but then I also want to have a box/manual/case to go along side my Diablo 1 and 2/LoD stuff. I guess I could do an Amazon release day delivery or something. Havent messed with the beta in awhile, but hopefully the sound balance issues are fixed by now/will be fixed in the retail version.

If you aren't looking for the CE, I'd imagine you could snag the standard version easy enough at Walmart or even Gamestop at midnight. CE might be available, but less likely.

Teknoman

If you aren't looking for the CE, I'd imagine you could snag the standard version easy enough at Walmart or even Gamestop at midnight. CE might be available, but less likely.

Ended up getting the CE since its free release day delivery. That and I cant pass up a Diablo art book and the chance to actually get the official soundtrack.

Duki

Banned
maphack made d2 playable tbqh never had a problem with it

cracking down on it instead of bots and shit like making durance lvl 2 ridiculously massive killed that game for me

of course they didnt give a fuck about chat bots, they were making them more money than normal players with the amount of cd keys required smh

LordCanti

I'll probably pay the sixty bucks for the digital download version. I've got enough game boxes at this point in my life.

cracking down on it instead of bots and shit like making durance lvl 2 ridiculously massive killed that game for me

of course they didnt give a fuck about chat bots, they were making them more money than normal players with the amount of cd keys required smh

I'm pretty much for them getting rid of any third party tools that offer an unfair advantage in game.

Still, I'm not going to kick someone out of my party for knowing where the next door is.

Teknoman

What did maphack do? Because if all it did was reveal the entire map at once, that kinda takes the fun out of the random exploration/clear entire map aspect of the game. Never played with any third party tools, and still had tons of fun from release to now...of course it doesnt bother me if they let players use them. As long as no one starts to kick others/ feels a certain mod is required.

What did maphack do? Because if all it did was reveal the entire map at once, that kinda takes the fun out of the random exploration/clear entire map aspect of the game. Never played with any third party tools, and still had tons of fun from release to now...of course it doesnt bother me if they let players use them. As long as no one starts to kick others/ feels a certain mod is required.

yeah, just made the whle map viewable. made meph runs far more tolerable...I mean either way you had a sin with +movement and a sorc with teleport going way faster than everyone else then popping a tp when you hit meph's room, but with maphack it went a good bit faster. It won't matter as much in D3 (since the focus isn't on boss runs).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hmm this was working for me last night, but I didnt have time to do it. Now this morning I'm getting really odd errors and such.
Same here. Getting hammered, I guess.

forrest

formerly nacire
Got motivated and made a custom demon hunter background for my banner. Finally got the thing to go through, I guess. I can't get the gallery to load to check.

dhcyjt2.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just verifying something, no ninja looting in D3 right? All loot is character specific and only shows up for the individual character it is intended for, right?

Yoshichan

Just verifying something, no ninja looting in D3 right? All loot is character specific and only shows up for the individual character it is intended for, right?

Yes.

IceMarker

If a rare drops does everyone in the party get one, or just the one person?

Everyone gets their own drops, sometimes you'll get a rare while your co-op partner won't. Remember though that MF and GF is shared, so the chances are even of everyone getting a drop here and there.

Twinduct

Christ almighty has it been an uphill battle to convince myself that D3 with latency will be fine.
So through getting an unshaped ADSL account + getting My ISP to bring my line speed down (so I can get a higher SNR) + Buying battleping time ... I can get around 300-400 connecting to the US server during the beta ... which means I should be able to get 200-300 to EU .. which is completely playable!

Stupid Blizzard, should have tested a EU server mang :<

Edit: Update time? Noo Comeon I finally got it to work :<

Teknoman

Added everyone to my friends list that sent requests...but my list says I have no friends.

Also is it just me or did they recently add alot of new ambient noises/music tracks to the game? Because i'm hearing alot of new/cool stuff in the Cathedral (ambient monster noises, strange growls/screams, etc.). The only part that sucks is that they still dont seem to have fixed the sound mix problems. I really hope the voices/music volume isnt all over the place in retail.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4363779173

Looks like there are still others experiencing this, but some think its just nitpicking (unless its just the way he presented the problem, since the thread I posted hasnt been updated since back in December.

traveler

Not Wario
How final are the rune values at the moment? I was trying to flesh out two builds before the game came out to decide between Monk and Wizard and I'm a little bit concerned about the numbers on some of these.

Backlash Monk Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#adfXgh!bWY!ZcYacc

As you can see, this is a build built around dodge-tanking and using backlash procs as one of your main dps components. I've taken skills and runes that will enable easy positioning and pulling, (dashing strike > cyclone) and maximize dodge respectively. My concern is with the proc times on the dodge runes. 2 seconds seems like a really short duration and if I have to renew them that often, I don't think I'll have enough spirit generation to use the skills necessary to refresh them. Is 2 seconds even accurate for the current build? That just seems super low to me. (Also at a loss for what skills to use beyond fists, dash, cyclone and mantra of evasion- serenity and breath of heaven are placeholder. Feel like I'll probably end up wanting more damage than survivability at that point)

After playing all the classes I feel the barb is insane damage wise compared to the other classes, two shoting mobs even in a 4 player group, anyone else with a similar experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom