• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKRT00

Rotfl, this is gold :)

sAW9N.png

Yep, thats from Path of Exile :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yesssss finally found someone to help me with the stupid res achievements
I hope that achievement isn't in the full game. I managed to get all achievements twice but it's truly a stupid ach :3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any predictions for most popular class?

My bet (from most to least):

1. Monk
2. Wiz
3. DH
4. Barb
5. WD
1. Monk <- fact
2. Baba
3. Sorc
4. DH
5. WD

LordCanti

1. Monk
2. Wiz
3. DH
4. Barb
5. WD

(From most popular to least)

1. Barb
2. Wiz
3. DH
4. Monk
5. WD

Pure melee always seems to be extremely popular and I can't see that changing for D3. The rest is pure speculation.

Freki

I hope that achievement isn't in the full game. I managed to get all achievements twice but it's truly a stupid ach :3

The problem with this achievement in the beta is that people seldom die. I'm quite positive this will change in later difficulties - therefore this achievement will be attainable quite easy.

Valnen

1. Monk
2. Wiz
3. DH
4. Barb
5. WD

Will shift over time, especially as people see what Hell and Inferno are like I'm sure.

I could see Witch Doctors becoming very popular ~6 months in. Level up Witch Doctors to nightmare and sell them on RMAH if you want to make some money.

LordCanti

Will shift over time, especially as people see what Hell and Inferno are like I'm sure.

I could see Witch Doctors becoming very popular ~6 months in. Level up Witch Doctors to nightmare and sell them on RMAH if you want to make some money.

Wut?

I wonder how much a character would go for if you actually could sell them.

Edit: Googled... is this really a feature they're considering?

I dunno what it is about the least played class in an rpg that just attracts me brainlessly, but in this case it's a happy coincidence that WD is far and beyond the most enjoyable class to me.

LordCanti

DH is great for kiting and pretty fun. I think it will be pretty popular

DH and Wizard seem fairly equally able to kite (slow time + teleport, caltrops + vault + smokescreen etc). I wouldn't be surprised if either of them came out on top as the most popular right after launch.

My gut says Barbarian though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have finals in a week... But then I've got like another week to go. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO

I'm thinking about picking up extra hours at work just to pass the time.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Popularity of the classes is going to have everything to do with balance. The least balanced class will very quickly become the most popular one.

Dresden

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/events/diablo3-announcement/index.html#auction:auction-summary

Look at the screenshot on the bottom. One of the specific tabs is characters.

Also, I don't know if anyone can find a bigger version, but there's this too in evidence of it.

Buy-Sell-Diablo-3-Characters.gif

boooooooooo

Also there's a quote:

"We are also planning to allow players to buy and sell characters in the auction house at some point in the future and will have more details to share on that at a later date."

I mean, really?

maharg

idspispopd
If you're not the sort of player who can invest 100+ hours into getting a character who can stand up in Inferno but still want to see what it's like and play around in endgame (the part of the game Blizzard are clearly balancing the game for)?

With no offline mode, that'll be the only way to do it.

And from a pure capitalist perspective, because they're valuable and Blizzard would be leaving money on the table by not letting you do it through them. Do you guys realize that people sold D2 characters?

Kalnos

Banned
Do you guys realize that people sold D2 characters?

One difference is that accounts used to not be tied to your CD-key/B.NET account. If you sold your character now you would effectively be selling a license of the game as well.

I guess my point is that it would be a lot more expensive for people to sell characters now so I doubt it would be as rampant as it was in D2.

valeo

Someone else planing to take a good nap of sleep and putting in a marathon on launch day ... on hardcore?
I'll so do it. And stream and record it. So I can laugh at myself again and again and again when I die in the first dungeon after the stuff we saw in the beta.

First HC characters are guaranteed to die at those poisonous mother fuckers after the first area.

HenryHSH

People that bought characters in D2 did it mostly for PvP purposes, no?

Anyway, to each their own. I enjoy the history and ownership that comes with building up your own character.

One difference is that accounts used to not be tied to your CD-key/B.NET account. If you sold your character now you would effectively be selling a license of the game as well.

I'm guessing the character would transfer from one account to another, though. If it's sold through the auction house.

Valnen

People that bought characters in D2 did it mostly for PvP purposes, no?

Anyway, to each their own. I enjoy the history and ownership that comes with building up your own character.

Yup, I won't be buying any characters, but I could see myself selling them. I like starting over sometimes and it seems like a better idea than deleting them, no?

valeo

Barb & Monk most popular for sure

DH close behind

WD and Wiz tied for last.

Am playing Wiz for what it's worth. Think it just gave a bad impression in beta.

Kalnos

Banned
I'm guessing the character would transfer from one account to another, though. If it's sold through the auction house.

Yeah, of course. If you weren't allowed to legally sell characters it would be a lot more expensive since you would be forced to buy one license of the game per sale, is what I was trying to say.

HenryHSH

Yup, I won't be buying any characters, but I could see myself selling them. I like starting over sometimes and it seems like a better idea than deleting them, no?

Yeah, that works. I don't see myself restarting a character for a few years, but if I ever decide too, I'm not against making some $$ off of my old ones.

I'm starting a barb as a main (COOP). Will dual wield until Hell where I'll probably have to switch to a board with a survival build (Lifesteal, armor buff, etc)
I'll roll as a Wiz for my solo run when my coop bud isn't around.

Yeah, of course. If you weren't allowed to legally sell characters it would be a lot more expensive since you would be forced to buy one license of the game per sale, is what I was trying to say.

Ohhh, gotcha. I'm kinda curious how the black market will run...

kyubajin

From Beta experience, the Barbarian gave me the most satisfaction, however there's something about the WD that just makes me gravitate towards it. I'm 100% positively sure that I'll main a WD and get him to inferno 1st, then the barb.

valeo

For some reason I want to create a WD now too honestly - loved the Necro in D2. I'm thinking I might roll a WD to play with my bro (who ALWAYS goes melee in every game ever) and a Wiz for everyone else.

First HC characters are guaranteed to die at those poisonous mother fuckers after the first area.

Hah.

If you can sell characters on the gold AH as well, I can see high-level HC characters going for a lot. And they'd definitely go for quite a bit if/when they ever introduce the RMAH for Hardcore (which they have considered, based on player feedback.)

Related, an interesting tweet today from Jay Wilson stated that Inferno is not really meant to be completed by Hardcore characters, and if you are able to accomplish that, it'll be a real feat.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's the point of buying a Hardcore character? The whole point is the glory in doing it. They better mark bought characters with an asterick or something.

Hardcore's still optional right? they're not going to make you do it to get the best gear, I assume.

Also, I started making a Diablo 3 playlist on Spotify since I wasn't that impressed with the soundtrack in beta. So far I've added Silent Hill 1 and 2's playlist and Agalloch's The Mantle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom