• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

forrest

formerly nacire
So what if you want to buy the CE but you already bought the Digital version on Battlenet. Are you just screwed?

You can upgrade the license if you have an Annual Pass, if you do not, then I'm not sure how they intend to handle people who want to go this route.

So what if you want to buy the CE but you already bought the Digital version on Battlenet. Are you just screwed?

You can upgrade the digital version to the CE, but I don't think you get your money back or anything like that. You would just be adding the extras from the CE to your Digital purchase pretty much.

People with the annual pass from wow get like 3 or 4 months removed off there year long contract when they add the CE on to there free digital download though but as far as I know nothing like that for normal purchases.

Cipherr

You can upgrade the digital version to the CE, but I don't think you get your money back or anything like that. You would just be adding the extras from the CE to your Digital purchase pretty much.

People with the annual pass from wow get like 3 or 4 months removed off there year long contract when they add the CE on to there free digital download though but as far as I know nothing like that for normal purchases.

Ugh, thats a pretty terrible way of handling it. I would like it but I already purchased the Digital version. Should at least let you buy the CE, upgrade, and apply some of the money you spent on the Digital version to WoW playtime or something, but Im not going to spend an extra $100 if none of the digital cost is given back in any form. Ill just live without it.

forrest

formerly nacire
Ugh, thats a pretty terrible way of handling it. I would like it but I already purchased the Digital version. Should at least let you buy the CE, upgrade, and apply some of the money you spent on the Digital version to WoW playtime or something, but Im not going to spend an extra $100 if none of the digital cost is given back in any form. Ill just live without it.

Call Blizzard and see if you can cancel your digital purchase. Then simply buy the CE. I don't see why you couldn't.

chris-013

You can still make another battle.net account for multiboxing or extra slot inventory :p
I'm joking but I think the 60$ at one point will be gain back with a clever use of the RMAH...

Then you can't play at midnight.

I'm not sure about that... They told you the collector box is out of stock but at every new blizzard's game, I found a CE in a store before the launch day...

Aesthet1c

Wait I thought upgrading the annual pass to the CE version gave you 3-4 extra months of played time on my account.

Does this mean if I buy the CE version I can get out of my annual pass early?

Wait I thought upgrading the annual pass to the CE version gave you 3-4 extra months of played time on my account.

Does this mean if I buy the CE version I can get out of my annual pass early?

as far as I know it simply takes the 3 or 4 months off the amount of time you are locked into paying for wow. That's the impression I got when it was announced at blizzcon at least.

edit : If you choose to add your Collector's Edition license key to the Battle.net account associated with your World of Warcraft Annual Pass promotion, you will receive all of the benefits of the Collector's Edition. Additionally, you will receive four months of World of Warcraft game time, which will count towards your 12 month subscription commitment for the Annual Pass.

That's an excerpt from the annual pass faq which makes it a little cleared then what I said.

Freki

Is it bad that I desperately want to just skip the next 15 or so days and everything that may happen within them so I can just play diablo 3 already?

The thought occurred to me one or two
thousand
times...
1012_frozen_last_breath.jpg

So Diablo is a
she

Im a PUMPED!!!!!

The working theory is that it's Leah - but I hope not - perhaps Adria...

elcranky

Banned
Titan Quest is alright. I'm sort of playing through it right now, currently in Athens, but I just can't get invested in it so close to Diablo 3's release.

My brain is wired to keep clicking the mouse button. Wouldn't mind having an advantage for that. :p

TQ really picks up after athens. Make sure you have IT installed.

Wait so there is way to get all the CE goodies via a DD route?

Kind of, you still have to go to a store and buy a physical CE but you can then upgrade your Digital purchase to include the in game CE goodies.

Not super viable for non annual pass users though since you end up paying for a CE and a normal digital copy as opposed to upgrading a free copy to a CE copy.

Twinduct

Kind of, you still have to go to a store and buy a physical CE but you can then upgrade your Digital purchase to include the in game CE goodies.

Not super viable for non annual pass users though since you end up paying for a CE and a normal digital copy as opposed to upgrading a free copy to a CE copy.

I just wanted to dye & the wings tbh. CE is sold out here :<

I just wanted to dye & the wings tbh. CE is sold out here :<

Sometimes you can find extra CE in the store even when they are sold out, but with blizzard games its usually a good idea to preorder very early on since the goodies can generally be turned for a nice profit online. Think blizzard CEs are always sold out well before launch around here for all there recent stuff.

Twinduct

Sometimes you can find extra CE in the store even when they are sold out, but with blizzard games its usually a good idea to preorder very early on since the goodies can generally be turned for a nice profit online. Think blizzard CEs are always sold out well before launch around here for all there recent stuff.

Yeah I know. Was waiting to get into the CB to see the latency effect before I pre-ordered. Now I've gone and missed them. Oh well :<

Burger

God Damn that was awesome.

I'm going to bootcamp my Mac to try and squeeze some more horsepower out of it (Mid 2010 MBP) and run the Windows client to see if it's any better. I heard that the final build runs much better on Mac's, and Beta patch 16 has known problems. Open beta ran better than I thought it would though.

LordCanti

Wonder if it will be worth it to spend gold and items on crafting or just saving up for items from the auction house.

Good news would be 1h:40m left. 15 days are 15 days too many.

If you can live without absolutely top spec gear, crafting is the way to go (at the lower levels anyway). I've made somewhere in the neighborhood of thirty to fifty Flamberge's so far since the last reset, and I've only come across a handful of Flamberge's worth selling (generally 19.2-21 or so DPS). I got a ton in the 18-19 range though, so extrapolating, if you can live with gear that isn't the absolute best, the cost to craft it should be reasonable compared to trying to buy it in the auction house. Edit: I realized that I didn't explain this well. What I mean is that it shouldn't take very many attempts to get a weapon/armor/etc that is usable. You won't get the top stat stuff, but it should be good enough until later modes. Also, it shouldn't take any more resources than you should be generating just playing the game.

Then again, if the item turns out to be two bucks in the RMAH, it may be worth it to just buy it and get it over with.

Generally speaking, I plan to equip my character with whatever I find, and only go to the RMAH with funds made from selling other items in the RMAH. I really don't want to put any additional money into it.

chris-013

I plan to upgrade the blacksmith/jeweler at the end of normal, salvage/stash everything else and only buy 2 rings from the merchant at the beginning.

HenryHSH

If you can live without absolutely top spec gear, crafting is the way to go (at the lower levels anyway). I've made somewhere in the neighborhood of thirty to fifty Flamberge's so far since the last reset, and I've only come across a handful of Flamberge's worth selling (generally 19.2-21 or so DPS). I got a ton in the 18-19 range though, so extrapolating, if you can live with gear that isn't the absolute best, the cost to craft it should be reasonable compared to trying to buy it in the auction house. Edit: I realized that I didn't explain this well. What I mean is that it shouldn't take very many attempts to get a weapon/armor/etc that is usable. You won't get the top stat stuff, but it should be good enough until later modes. Also, it shouldn't take any more resources than you should be generating just playing the game.

Then again, if the item turns out to be two bucks in the RMAH, it may be worth it to just buy it and get it over with.

Generally speaking, I plan to equip my character with whatever I find, and only go to the RMAH with funds made from selling other items in the RMAH. I really don't want to put any additional money into it.

My friend and I made a pact not to spend any real money on the auction house in our coop run.

You make it sound that it would be better to save gold and buy better items off the auction house. Unless all the decent items will be sold for real money. (Which makes sense, I guess)

Either way, I always enjoyed the hunt in Diablo 2 and I don't see it being any different in D3.

Realyn

Someone else planing to take a good nap of sleep and putting in a marathon on launch day ... on hardcore?
I'll so do it. And stream and record it. So I can laugh at myself again and again and again when I die in the first dungeon after the stuff we saw in the beta.

Kalnos

Banned
Someone else planing to take a good nap of sleep and putting in a marathon on launch day ... on hardcore?
I'll so do it. And stream and record it. So I can laugh at myself again and again and again when I die in the first dungeon after the stuff we saw in the beta.

I'm planning on..... working... : (((((((((((((((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom