• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
Can you just create a thread for this, or create a community thread for it? It's annoying that it constantly pops up here, and I am sure it will be even worse once the OT hits..

Yeah there should be a separate thread that the OT links too.

Is there any way to make it so it has a kind of sign up process, that would give the people running it a list of the people that want in and there info so they can authorize people or whatever?
If you can do that then you could just put the actual image link in the OT and people that want on it can sign up without it needing to be spammed.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
It's seem in USA there is a nice postal system..

b37fe97b_DiabloIIICEwarehouse.jpeg

TUSR

Banned
Much like the majority of the characters and lore for wow you have to look outside the game to get a hold of it. There is actually a surprisingly in depth story behind everything in d2 including characters and monsters such as mephisto and the like. I mean hell there's even an entire book on bartuc the bloody who is only briefly seen as one of the minions before you fight baal.

Legacy of Blood?

If so, its awesome.

Gromph

Staff Member
I really wanted that Collector's Edition, but I couldn't resist having access to the game the second it unlocks. :(

I told my friend "The day you got it, open it and mail me the key" :)

TheKurgan

I am hoping Blizzard lets online retailers ship copies a day or two early. As said above the game is useless until the servers go live. It would be really nice to get my retail copy close to release...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think it would be even worse of a wait if I had my CE sitting here in my hands knowing I cant do anything with it for another 10ish days. Pretty much worthless till the servers go up D:

It's completely selfish, but I'm glad they do. It seems like shops in Europe are always breaking street dates these days.

Sothpaw

"I can say, unequivocally… and I don’t like to firmly stamp my foot down on things — because that almost always comes back to bite me — but I can honestly say, that the end-game of Diablo III is way more challenging than Diablo II; way more."

- Jay Wilson, interview with AusGamers

TUSR

Banned
Yeah I loved that book, I wouldn't say its the best written book ever but it was just so much fun reading through it as such a big fan of diablo. Really interesting story.

I really loved it actually, my WoW toon I played for years was named after Sadun.

I really loved it actually, my WoW toon I played for years was named after Sadun.

Did you read any of the other ones? legacy of blood was my favorite but there were a couple others that were pretty good too. Forget the names now though. Think one was about a town that disapeared in the moonlight or something.

Gromph

Staff Member
Can we still download the full client then install and put in the key when we get it?

Yeah, i have the client downloaded, when i got my key updating my bnet account, and on 15 installing the client.

Gromph

Staff Member
The price will go up, WAAAAY up. the codes alone for the wow pet / sc / diablo 3 items will sell for hundreds of dollars going off how it worked in past ones.

I dont think they will be stand alone codes, and will all come attached to your CE key item.

injurai

Banned
The price will go up, WAAAAY up. the codes alone for the wow pet / sc / diablo 3 items will sell for hundreds of dollars going off how it worked in past ones.

Ha, people will be so jelly of my wings ^.^

I dont think they will be stand alone codes, and will all come attached to your CE key item.

Doesn't matter, registering it will just upgrade your account type, so it will still be worth it for people to by them for the items. One of the reasons they sell for so much is because they are just CD keys to the game.

Twinduct

Yeah, i have the client downloaded, when i got my key updating my bnet account, and on 15 installing the client.

Yep same here. Funny enough I had to convince the retailer that this will work. I asked them to send me the key and they said they'll gladly do it, however I need the disc to play. Schooled them on battle.net and bam no problem .... if only they agreed on to the 14th :p

I meant from people that horde the CE's to turn a profit off the code inside. They sell the code to people online and those people add the code to there account and get all the goodies.

The codes from the CE's get some serious demand and lack of supply from the hoarders so the price is generally pretty ridiculous.

Kalnos

Banned

Yeah, you won't be able to sell/give anything away except for your physical artbook/etc and your Diablo2/LOD key. I don't think the collectors will appreciate in value too much either, if the SC2 collectors is anything to go by.

If you sell immediately (I.E. now or launch day) you can probably get good money off of desperate people who didn't get a CE and wanted one.

TUSR

Banned
Did you read any of the other ones? legacy of blood was my favorite but there were a couple others that were pretty good too. Forget the names now though. Think one was about a town that disapeared in the moonlight or something.

the dark road or something?

I cant recall but my brother owns them all and I should borrow them.

richard Knaack or whatever is a pretty decent writer.

injurai

Banned
I meant from people that horde the CE's to turn a profit off the code inside. They sell the code to people online and those people add the code to there account and get all the goodies.

The codes from the CE's get some serious demand and lack of supply from the hoarders so the price is generally pretty ridiculous.

Yeah, I should have specified an un-registered CD key. Kinda pisses me off that people do this to turn a profit, but then again its probably the only way to ensure some way to acquire them down the road.

injurai

Banned
10 years from now an unopened copy of D3 will go for a lot. I know someone personally that paid $500 USD for a Vanilla WoW CE, that hadn't been registered.

Aesthet1c

Yeah, you won't be able to sell/give anything away except for your physical artbook/etc and your Diablo2/LOD key. I don't think the collectors will appreciate in value too much either, if the SC2 collectors is anything to go by.

If you sell immediately (I.E. now or launch day) you can probably get good money off of desperate people who didn't get a CE and wanted one.

I think it will appreciate a good amount for sure. I sold my World of Warcraft CE without the cd key for over $200 last year. Unopened copies were going for much more, like $300-$400.

the dark road or something?

I cant recall but my brother owns them all and I should borrow them.

richard Knaack or whatever is a pretty decent writer.

I think there was Legacy of Blood, The Black Road, The Kingdom of Shadow and Moon of the spider for that series.

Then there was the Sinwar trilogy which included Birthright, Scales of the Serpent and The Veiled Prophet.

Twinduct

I think there was Legacy of Blood, The Black Road, The Kingdom of Shadow and Moon of the spider for that series.

Then there was the Sinwar trilogy which included Birthright, Scales of the Serpent and The Veiled Prophet.

And all of them canon and written decently?

chris-013

Definitely, just sold my collectors edition for 185$ on ebay.

WTF ?

Some mob stats :

Skeleton King
Normal: Lv.8, 1800HP
Nightmare: Lv.33, 123,250HP
Hell: Lv.52, 2,471,100HP
Inferno: Lv.61, 15,717,300HP :D

There's also a section with a couple of normal monsters. Here's a sample stats of one:

Armaddon (appears in act IV)
Normal: lv.29, 1200-1700hp damage per hit: 443
Nightmare: lv.49, 12k-17k hp damage per hit: 3445
Hell: lv.60, 54k-76k HP damage per hit: 14k
Inferno: lv.63, 306-428k HP damage per hit: 170k (!) :D

Kalnos

Banned
I think it will appreciate a good amount for sure. I sold my World of Warcraft CE without the cd key for over $200 last year. Unopened copies were going for much more, like $300-$400.

Vanilla WoW collectors are extremely rare and new copies can actually go for like $1000. They will never make the mistake of printing that few CEs again. You can still buy the Cataclysm collectors new from Amazon for $70 and that's like 2 years after release.

Undoubtedly the D3 collectors will gain *some* value over time but it may be more like the $30 SC2 seems to have gained in which case you would be better off to sell it early when people are still scrambling and willing to pay near $200 like Ebay at the moment.

injurai

Banned
Vanilla WoW collectors are extremely rare and new copies can actually go for like $1000. They will never make the mistake of printing that few CEs again. You can still buy the Cataclysm collectors new from Amazon for $70 and that's like 2 years after release.

Undoubtedly the D3 collectors will gain *some* value over time but it may be more like the $30 SC2 seems to have gained in which case you would be better off to sell it early when people are still scrambling and willing to pay near $200 like Ebay at the moment.

Yeah there is some truth in this. They print a lot more CE's these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom