• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited edition bradygames guide is easily the prettiest strategy guide I've ever seen for a game. It's on sale at Amazon and Barnes and Noble online too! I might end up getting it...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0744013569/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The perfect companion to the CE.
It looks like a mock-up. At 400-496 pages, I have doubts on the quality of the product (weight, page thickness, binding, etc) and if they'll provide any support after the game and book ships. It really is up to them considering their options: the LE includes access to the flash version and there's also an iPad version.

Valnen

It looks like a mock-up. At 400-496 pages, I have doubts on the quality of the product (weight, page thickness, binding, etc) and if they'll provide any support after the game and book ships. It really is up to them considering their options: the LE includes access to the flash version and there's also an iPad version.

I don't know, judging from the description...

Amazing hardcover featuring holographic foil, matte film lamination, spot gloss, and a multi-level emboss.

It might not be a mockup at all. But we'll see?

Edit: Actually yeah, zooming in...it's pretty obviously a mockup. But I was very satisfied with the quality of my FFXIII CE guide, so...

chiablo

I'd be hesitant to buy any strategy guide for a Blizzard game. There will probably be sweeping balance changes within months of release, making the stats in the guide useless.

And with the level layout being randomized and the appearance of side-dungeons and caves not fixed, there's no way a map could be put in the guide.

What's the point of it then?

Valnen

I'd be hesitant to buy any strategy guide for a Blizzard game. There will probably be sweeping balance changes within months of release, making the stats in the guide useless.

And with the level layout being randomized and the appearance of side-dungeons and caves not fixed, there's no way a map could be put in the guide.

I imagine the whole point would be the art. These guides are basically artbooks these days.

Wait... so is Brady Games making an iPad version of the D3 guide? Those pictures imply that you can click on parts of the guide to expand info or trigger movies or something...

Yes its up in the iBooks store right now. You can only pre-order it, but you can download a sample right now fo free.

It's mostly a guide of what's in the world and how to deal with it, so there's a lot of room for content. Not to mention that a single page can have four monsters with stats on it, which is one would NOT call dense.

After previous post, I went searching for their previous work. It's not bad and the paper should hold up if you were to give it a spin. Most of my time will probably be spent with the Flash version, which I hope gets treated as a service instead of a finished product on publication.

Kalnos

Banned
I would have to agree the guide is pointless. There will be a wiki with more and better information and all you will have to do to find it is type. Not to mention it can be updated.

LordCanti

Must not watch TV spots...must not get spoiled....

I don't know what I'm going to do when The Last Guardian is finally about to come out. I think I'm going to disconnect all my computers at the moment I hear the game has gone gold, and not reemerge until I've beaten it.

Must not watch TV spots...must not get spoiled....

I don't know what I'm going to do when The Last Guardian is finally about to come out. I think I'm going to disconnect all my computers at the moment I hear the game has gone gold, and not reemerge until I've beaten it.

that one has the spoilers far more out in the open then the first one, so avoid it if you don't want spoiled.

Suairyu

Banned
Sample pages from bradygames guide.

GOdC2.png
So how does the level/difficulty pacing go. When you finish one difficulty, are you immediately ready for the next difficulty? Or would grinding a bit be required still?

So how does the level/difficulty pacing go. When you finish one difficulty, are you immediately ready for the next difficulty? Or would grinding a bit be required still?

Most likely an immediate jump all the way up to completing hell, then you need to grind in hell a while to hold your own in inferno.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You'll definitely need to grind/farm better loot in Hell to start doing Infernos.

Cipherr

I hope wowhead has a spinoff for this game, I love their layout. I was so happy when WoWhead came along and I found out about it. Thottbot was a goddamned wreck.

I'd be hesitant to buy a strategy guide for any game at all as long as the internet still exists.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You know what, guys?

This wait is getting ridiculous.

Yoshichan

It's only ~11 days!

:|
Yeah and before that it was "only" 12 days.
And before that, it was "only" 13 days.

Time goes extremely fucking slow and it's killing me.

Yoshichan

Watching a countdown like that is the equality of me pulling my hair off, one by one.

Alienups

Damn my old eyes, that tv spot is cut way too fast. Gonna download it and make some slowed down gifs so i can actually see what's happening.

Yoshichan

Damn my old eyes, that tv spot is cut way too fast. Gonna download it and make some slowed down gifs so i can actually see what's happening.
I think it's on purpose. Don't watch it in slow-mo or you'll definitely get spoiled :3 It's supposed to be a teaser!

99%

Did you guys get mobs with the Wall modifier in Beta? I encountered them once. I can't wait to discover what mobs can do in the game, not gonna look at the guide. Want to be surprised.

And yeah Yoshi, wait is ridiculous.

Valnen

Did you guys get mobs with the Wall modifier in Beta? I encountered them once. I can't wait to discover what mobs can do in the game, not gonna look at the guide.

And yeah Yoshi, wait is ridiculous.

Yes, I ran into a waller in den of the fallen once. Also ran into a vortex pack.

I managed to get myself all wrapped up in the prerelease hype and now I'm finding it hard to play other games. I'm 32 years old for Christ sake. I should know better than to get swiped up on the hype train too early.

Fitz

TV ad spoilers:
Looked like Azmodan attacking Leah, Imperius Vs Tyrael, not sure about the last one that Imperius was fighting, could have been Diablo? It didn't look like Belial.

Yoshichan

TV ad spoilers:
Looked like Azmodan attacking Leah, Imperius Vs Tyrael, not sure about the last one that Imperius was fighting, could have been Diablo? It didn't look like Belial.
Why would Azmodan be attacking Leah at that point of the game? I'm pretty sure Leah doesn't have the black soulstone when that event occurs...

Kalnos

Banned
Why would Azmodan be attacking Leah at that point of the game? I'm pretty sure Leah doesn't have the black soulstone when that event occurs...

Did you watch that other short with Azmodan? It seemed to be a dream/vision of Leah's.

Read those achievements at your own risk... there are some real spoilers in there... like:

!!spoilers!!

All dialog with Tyrael titled "it's just us" seemingly implying you're fighting Heaven and Hell at that point.

Yoshichan

All right, let's stop talking about spoilers. I have this really bad habit of reading them even though I really shouldn't be doing it.

I already know too much.

Calidor

oh fuck, spoilers are getting out of control now. Already got spoiled on the Act IV location by someones comment. That's it. I'm outta here until I finish the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom