• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Artadius said:
It has definitely not been sent out to public yet. I'm sure media aren't in yet either as they would likely not have any pre-closed beta NDA. There MIGHT be Blizzard Friends & Family in at this point... so this could be legit.

Oh yeah, I'm thinking the FF beta might have already started, I was just specifying about the public.

Deadstar

Interfectum said:
j15a0.gif

BY THE GODS, LET ME IN!

Artadius

From Official Forums:

Bashoik said:
We will be inviting F&F before we begin the closed beta, but we have not begun inviting yet. We'll let you know when we do.

So whatever has been leaked has been leaked from the inside. Friends and Family hasn't started yet... but they will be inviting them before they begin the closed beta. Note, this could be clever wordsmithing in that they'll send ALL their invites technically before the closed beta...even the first wave of public folks.

Calm down folks :)

J-Rzez

Though it hasn't started, just so people know since it's getting glanced over by others who missed the posts, if you're selected to a Blizzard beta, your Battle.net account will have it flagged when you log into it to check. No emails. There's still keys, but they'll be "won" usually from website contests and such.

Thoraxes

I'll ask my friend who has a cousin who works for Blizzard when it starts. I got into the F&F alpha for Cataclysm because of them.

Valnen

DaBuddaDa said:
Christ, what is with all of this passive aggressive customer-service + PR coming out of these companies recently? That is such a trollish way to answer a question. OK?
It is?

The whole "done when it's done" thing is classic Blizzard material.

Thoraxes

TheKurgan said:
can I be your friend Thoraxes? =P
Haha, maybe.
They won't be home for another few hours because of work, but basically the two of them are brothers that i've raided with in WoW for a few years.

Lombax

Banned
I don't understand. I play starcraft II a lot, and have played WoW on and off for like 6 years. however no invite...this must be a mistake...must be.

accx

Lombax said:
I don't understand. I play starcraft II a lot, and have played WoW on and off for like 6 years. however no invite...this must be a mistake...must be.

You do know that this bear no meaning at all?

So, as i understand it, is this friends and family invites? Is it similar to press invites?
But more important, does this mean that there's a playable client running now?

TUSR

Banned
ProtoCents said:
*Logs into BNet*

Wtf!? My WoW account is banned? Haven't played in quite some time too...
me and my buddy got banned (we have played wow in half a year or so) for our arena team name.

DaBuddaDa said:
Christ, what is with all of this passive aggressive customer-service + PR coming out of these companies recently? That is such a trollish way to answer a question. OK?

Touchy much? Customer service reps are people too. It sounds to me like the guy is trying to keep a sense of humor on what no doubt is a crazy day. I've had nothing but good experiences with Blizzard CS. I don't have a problem with them not talking like robots and I don't see any reasonable issues with what was said or how it was said. Relaaaaaaax man

raphier

Banned
DaBuddaDa said:
The person I talked to, is somebody I know, distantly

ProtoCents said:
*Logs into BNet*

Wtf!? My WoW account is banned? Haven't played in quite some time too...

same thing happened to me. i guess that while i wasn't playing my account was hacked and was involved in some gold laundering scam. blizzard has some of the best fans, but also some of the worst and fucking craziest. fucking busting into other peoples account to transfer fake money to a fake game character? kill me.

Lucis

bengraven said:
My Blizzard contact isn't aware of this right now. I think we've all been trolled.

he's probably trolling you
the fnf beta has not started yet, but internal keys has been distributed. im in

Logout timer? Hardcore is going to be even more fun now. You can't just instantly leave the game when you find yourself up shit creek.

That said, it wouldn't even matter if they had started the beta because I NEVER get into them. I've applied to every major beta for every MMO in the last 8 years or so and never once gotten an invite. I'll just have to watch live streams, read forums, watch Youtube.

Fou-Lu

What is the likelihood of actually getting into the beta when it starts? What are factors Blizzard looks for in choosing testers?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Ichor said:
What is the likelihood of actually getting into the beta when it starts? What are factors Blizzard looks for in choosing testers?

1) Slim to none, most likely a crazy amount of people signed up for a beta with very few planned participants.

2) PC-specs, a wide variety. Owning at least one blizzard game, random luck.

DaBuddaDa said:
Huh? They added "OK?" to the end. It's not inherently rude and I'm actually impressed they spelled OK properly.

Raide said:
:D Awesome episode!
What show is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom