• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milabrega

The music, so unexpectedly wonderful. Glad they delivered on that part. Really love the
New Tristram
Theme (Spoilers detail an in game location) . Has the set armor's list leak? Is Milabrega's Regalia there?

Davedough

bluestuff said:
oh shit possible release date/end of beta, data mined.

December 5, 2011

That doesn't necessarily mean that the release date will be then, its simply when the beta certificate expires. I'd imagine the downloader could push a new cert if needed. Still interesting nonetheless.

do-want.jpg

Edit: Picture is of a cute puppy screaming DO WANT with his face. It is an appropriate descriptions of my feelings towards the imminent release of the Diablo 3 beta and I use it as humorous substitution for simply stating it as fact.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Milabrega said:
The music, so unexpectedly wonderful. Glad they delivered on that part. Really love the
New Tristram
Theme (Spoilers detail an in game location) . Has the set armor's list leak? Is Milabrega's Regalia there?
I just wanted to say kudos on using the spoiler tag correctly as per forum rules, not enough people do and it's always nice to see it done properly.

Thank you.

bluestuff said:
oh shit possible release date/end of beta, data mined.

December 5, 2011

December 5th is a Monday, so it wouldn't release then anyway. So even if the certificate isn't renewed or a new certificate isn't pushed out (both very possible), the only date you could infer is December 6th or beyond. Still it's a shaky inference as oftentimes certificates have expiration dates years down the road - I've seen some that expire in 2014, or even 2025.

I'm still hopeful though. We'll almost certainly be seeing a December release if it gets out this year, and it won't be later than Q1 2012 at the latest. We'll definitely get a release date at Blizzcon if not before though and even then, two months after Blizzcon is plenty of time to get collector's editions in order and discs made.

rozay

Banned
I really doubt I'll get in so I hope someone playing this has a sandy bridge i5 & intel HD 3000 graphics and can let me know how it runs!

TUSR

Banned
rozay said:
I really doubt I'll get in so I hope someone playing this has a sandy bridge i5 & intel HD 3000 graphics and can let me know how it runs!
Integrated graphics never run well

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Enjoy the streams, guys :)

Dammit streams. I have projects due this week ;_;

On the plus side, I do get to do some playtesting for an unreleased title tomorrow (not which title and if it's announced or not, but I have an idea on which it might be.) I do know I will have to sign an NDA though, so no squeezing me for info - it's definitely not related to Diablo or Blizzard in any way though.

If what I will be testing is what I think it is, it's an anticipated Fall 2011 game, otherwise the project is either unannounced, or a couple years out.

And Day9 Streaming tomorrow? That oughta be good with his personality.

rozay

Banned
Squire Felix said:
Integrated graphics never run well
If it's running at 30fps on low that's enough for me. This game doesn't look taxing, especially since it's a blizzard game.

The crypto137 guy is up and running now around in the game. Other stream listed was down last time I checked.

Other stream is up too now, I guess. Nearly 2500 viewers in a matter of minutes. Good god the demand for this game is up there.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
CarbonatedFalcon said:
The crypto137 guy is up and running now around in the game. Other stream listed was down last time I checked.

Other stream is up too now, I guess. Nearly 2500 viewers in a matter of minutes. Good god the demand for this game is up there.

And it's almost 1am here.

Love the no NDA for beta, it builds even more hype.

MrToughPants said:
And it's almost 1am here.

Love the no NDA for beta, it builds even more hype.

Yeah...this is going to be a problem for me. Central Time here as well and I have a class at 8 a.m. (at the minimum) if I don't get up earlier to work on stuff for it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Have to say it's actually looking much better than I thought.

Xamdou

When you attack an enemy, do you have to constantly press the attack button or is it automatic attack after one click?

xelios said:
Have to say it's actually looking much better than I thought.

Definitely - even if the resolution over a stream isn't that great.

And some bodies stay on the floor, others you just smash into gobs of blood! So that sort of settles that.

SamuraiX-

As expected, it looks much more promising in motion.

Though the over-sized environment structures continue to be a fucking eyesore. :mad:

Over 6000 current viewers, and +16,000 total views. On a Tuesday night.

Shit's ridiculous. lol

The UI is really a standout here. Why they haven't shown much footage with the UI up I won't understand (maybe if it wasn't ready/polished). It's glorious.

-Mikey- said:
I hope the monster density is increased on higher levels. Not sure what difficulty the Barb guy is on.

Pretty sure it has to be normal - you have to play through and beat the game to unlock the other difficulties. He's also only like 15 minutes in, so I'm sure it gets harder later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom