• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squire Felix said:
Matt Uelmen or bust :(

Yeah :(

Well, I guess that's what Torchlight 2 will be worth a visit for.

Alex said:
Hurr but the music will suck. :p

Russell Brower is really good and can cover a great many styles. I like Uelman a lot too, and I'm probably honestly a little more interested in Torchlight 2 currently but he's a little too atmospheric in a lot of spots for me outside of centerpieces like Tristram.

It's funny you should say that, because all those DIII pieces that have leaked are ten times more ambient than Uelmen's work on D1 and 2.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
V_Arnold said:
We wont meet in arena, that is for sure. I wont even try that mode :D
Please tell me you're joking x_x

This thread title needs to be changed to something like "F+F Beta Leak Information". Every time this gets bumped I get MASSIVELY dissapointed.

The "banned names" on the leaked DB are hysterical, I want to use them in other games:

Negromancer, Longusdongus, Meatsword, Cocostarfish

Valnen

Downloaded client.

It warned me that my CPU was below minimum specifications...

Hoping it still runs decently on low settings...if not I'm going to be one sad gamer.

Dina

KKRT00 said:
I dont care that much about Diablo music, which is strange, because i like it, but i have to say that it wasnt to good for me, like they wanted to pack as many sounds and themes into one song and make it sounds like total chaos.

It's a homage to the original Tristam theme. At least I'm hearing elements of that Diablo 1 music in it. Except that where the song from the first one is a coherent song, this one is not. It's also a bit too short.

SamuraiX-

ickingfudiot said:
The "banned names" on the leaked DB are hysterical, I want to use them in other games:

Negromancer, Longusdongus, Meatsword, Cocostarfish

Can't stop laughing @ the bold. LOL

bengraven

New Tristam is like Diablo 1/2 music mixed with Diablo 3 music.

Some of the Tristam riffs are back as well. Very cool.

I wonder if it's to help ease people into the new music.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
picklecannon said:
My first character is going to be named JahIthBer for old times sake.
US or EU? I've been telling my friends that my first character in D3 will be jahithber for a long, long time :/

I've been on battle.net for forever, have had a mostly constant sub to WoW from day unofficial and stay on top of opt-ins.

I guarantee I will not see a beta invite from Blizzard ever.

Ark

Freyjadour said:
I've been on battle.net for forever, have had a mostly constant sub to WoW from day unofficial and stay on top of opt-ins.

I guarantee I will not see a beta invite from Blizzard ever.

Beta invites have nothing to do with game activity/loyalty, so yeah.

steadfast

Yoshichan said:
US or EU? I've been telling my friends that my first character in D3 will be jahithber for a long, long time :/

Names will not be unique. There can be literally a thousand jahithbers running around all on the same realm.

Nirolak said:
One thing I like about Diablo 3's tracks is that they're quite long, meaning that they won't easily get repetitive.

Standing by Harrogath, especially once you get 1+ minutes in.

Yeah, 6 to 12 minutes, not bad at all.

But what do you think, apart from length?

Ark said:
Obviously I understand that, it's a point of frustration, not that I think Blizzards system of rewarding loyalty is looking me over.

inky

I might be the only one then who can't stand the music in these games (Diablos+torchlight) not because I feel it is bad music, not at all (I even like it out of context so to speak) but because it puts me to sleep.
I might be conditioned or have some weird wiring going on, but just listening to the music in game literally bores me to tears and makes me snooze, and when I say literally I don't mean figuratively. :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Fallout-NL said:
Yeah, 6 to 12 minutes, not bad at all.

But what do you think, apart from length?
Well, they feel very... backgroundy. Like it's not bad, but it doesn't really stand out.

It is only Act 1 though, and I felt Diablo 2's strongest music came in later acts. It is reminiscent of the old style, so if they follow that, the later acts could end up a lot more to my liking.

inky said:
I might be the only one then who can't stand the music in these games (Diablos+torchlight) not because I feel it is bad music, not at all (I even like it out of context so to speak) but because it puts me to sleep.
I might be conditioned or have some weird wiring going on, but just listening to the music in game literally bores me to tears and makes me snooze.
I can definitely understand the feeling. There were quite a few tracks across the series that make really bad stand alone music.

inky said:
I might be conditioned or have some weird wiring going on, but just listening to the music in game literally bores me to tears and makes me snooze.

I often find ingame music to get in the way of the gameplay. It's just ambient noise that covers up sounds that I want to be hearing, so I rage-turn it off. It's phenomenal music, but I can't repress my inner need to maximize my quality of play.

Nirolak said:
Well, they feel very... backgroundy. Like it's not bad, but it doesn't really stand out.

It is only Act 1 though, and I felt Diablo 2's strongest music came in later acts. It is reminiscent of the old style, so if they follow that, the later acts could end up a lot more to my liking.

Yup, my feelings as well.

I wonder if this is all the music for act 1, I almost can't believe all of it will be so subdued.

TUSR

Banned
Ark said:

Blizzard said:
Beta testers are chosen according to their system specifications and other factors, including an element of luck. Our goal is to have a good variety of system types to best test compatibility.

Other factors could be:

-previous contributions
-have we banned you before?
-how much money have you given us?

Horse armor.

TylerD

krameriffic said:
I often find ingame music to get in the way of the gameplay. It's just ambient noise that covers up sounds that I want to be hearing, so I rage-turn it off. It's phenomenal music, but I can't repress my inner need to maximize my quality of play.

Pretty much all you need in Diablo is that sweet sweet sound of loot hitting the ground after the kill. They did a great job of distinguishing different items dropping in D2.

Victrix

*beard*
Something strange - I had zero hype for D2. None. And when I played the Act 1 beta, I was bored to tears. Then of course when it came out I played it forever.

D3 is in the same boat. I think it's maybe because Diablo is something that's a ton of fun to play, but next to zero fun to watch/read about (maybe just me) - and in the case of the Act 1 D2 beta, it's hard to get interested when you can't develop a character in a game 100% about development.

Here's hoping they have genuinely challenging content.

Yoshichan

Squire Felix said:
-previous contributions
Single handedly fixed Arms Warrior in WotLK
Squire Felix said:
-have we banned you before?
Nope!
Squire Felix said:
-how much money have you given us?
WoW-subscriber since day 1.

No wonder :p

Raide

Victrix said:
Something strange - I had zero hype for D2. None. And when I played the Act 1 beta, I was bored to tears. Then of course when it came out I played it forever.

D3 is in the same boat. I think it's maybe because Diablo is something that's a ton of fun to play, but next to zero fun to watch/read about (maybe just me) - and in the case of the Act 1 D2 beta, it's hard to get interested when you can't develop a character in a game 100% about development.

Here's hoping they have genuinely challenging content.

With the new Inferno difficulty, I am sure Blizzard will have plenty of challenge for everyone.

RPGCrazied said:
I'm feeling kinda lucky. I got in the Cataclysm beta and StarCraft II beta. Can I be 3 for 3, please Blizzard?
Not counting open betas or the WoW early stress test...

I'm currently 0/8 (since Starcraft) on every phase 1 closed betas.

I have a feeling though this is finally going to be my year.

Davedough

djm said:
You need to opt in on your Battle.net profile.

DAMNIT! Why did I have to uncheck that when I linked my battle.net account?? Oh well, I'm signed up now and I'll just have to live vicariously through screenshots

Edit: Nevermind. It's not just their email newsletter, but an actual Opt-In application that captures your computer specs. I'll do this when I get home.

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom