• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 - Necromancer Pack - June 27th - $14.99

arimanius

So can I not start a season character? I've never done a season in Diablo but thought starting a necro would be a good time to do it.

deoee

Have fun ya'll, sadly I can't get into this right now cause I'm broke but next month will be my time for some Necro action
LLShC.gif

Joey Ravn

Banned
Are the character controls better suited to pad or K/M?

Both versions of the game are tailored to each control method. I wouldn't change mouse controls for anything in the world, but some people swear by the direct control of the gamepad. I guess it all comes down to your personal taste in ARPGs.

Barzul

Hmm, I've been away from D3 for a long time, but I'm considering double dipping for PS4....I heard there was a lot of cheating in the online on console though, was this actually an issue and has it been fixed?

AEREC

Both versions of the game are tailored to each control method. I wouldn't change mouse controls for anything in the world, but some people swear by the direct control of the gamepad. I guess it all comes down to your personal taste in ARPGs.

I realize that as I have both versions. For the Barb some skills are better on pad whereas some are better on mouse, leap for example.

I'm just wondering if necro has more skills that are better suited to KM. I think I'm leaning towards the PC anyways.

13ruce

Banned
Okay i kinda have like a billion gold....
The only hacked items i have are the preorder wings wich i got from online players i don't use their armours tho never picked those up.

Well i played this game years ago like crazy so i probably got that gold fairly but seriously xD how do i spend that. I guess treasure golins etc made me that rich but still what to do with all that gold!?

Named my Necro Midna btw but i might make another called Majora.

Woorloog

Banned
As irrelevant as it is, figuring out a name for my Necromancer character is difficult.

Usually i run with something stupid, like my Crusader being "Crusaderp", or my Wizard being "Blasto" (Mass Effect reference, plus the Wizard spells can have quite a bit of blast...).

Okay i kinda have like a billion gold....
The only hacked items i have are the preorder wings wich i got from online players i don't use their armours tho never picked those up.

Well i played this game years ago like crazy so i probably got that gold fairly but seriously xD how do i spend that. I guess treasure golins etc made me that rich but still what to do with all that gold!?

Empower Greater Rift runs. Higher levels cost a lot, you can burn well over 150 million in an hour.

Moff

As irrelevant as it is, figuring out a name for my Necromancer character is difficult.

Usually i run with something stupid, like my Crusader being "Crusaderp", or my Wizard being "Blasto" (Mass Effect reference, plus the Wizard spells can have quite a bit of blast...).

Corpso

played an hour with the necro and had a blast, golem AND skeletons and corpse explosion is devilish fun, can't wait to see the remaining skills and runes

13ruce

Banned

Empower Greater Rift runs. Higher levels cost a lot, you can burn well over 150 million in an hour.

Ah thanks will play through the story first again and then hop straight into adventure mode and rifts. last time i played was like 3 years or so ago. So all those patches and content will be nice to experience:p

dadjumper

I'd definitely buy this if I wasn't already playing through the game with my girlfriend (it's her first time, me as a Monk and her as a Crusader). Next time I want to do solo I'll jump on this, though. Can never have enough Diablo

More than happy to pay $15 for a new character. I've played hundreds of hours of this on ps4 for my initial $60.

Can't wait to jump back in, although to be fair it's only a couple of weeks since I last binged on the game.

Hmm, I've been away from D3 for a long time, but I'm considering double dipping for PS4....I heard there was a lot of cheating in the online on console though, was this actually an issue and has it been fixed?

Only if you play public online. Friends-only or offline, you're fine.

Nokterian

Just start playing it and i am happy to play a new class so far it feels and plays different than others for sure..also corpse explosion is glorious!

sniffy

Neo Member
D3 was such a great investment, hundreds of hours for not that much money coupled with pretty stellar support. Will gladly pay the extra for what seems like it's going to be a fun as hell class.

13ruce

Banned
Really loving the gameplay of Necro so far i really enjoy that corpse explosion skill:p kinda makes it sort of strategic.

Really cool that even the early skills are so fun, i can see myself spend 100s of hours on this class so 15 bucks/euro's well spent.

Euphony

Banned
I'm having a lot of fun with my Necromancer so far. Leveling with my skeleton crew and skeleton archers supplemented by curses. I'm not sure if I want to dedicate much time after I reach max level though since I'm planning to play the next season and I don't want to be burnt out. I'll see how I feel once I get there.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
damn this game even after all those years..
it hooks me in and i can't stop playing

NeoBob688

On PS4 I get "there is no content. It might not be for sale yet, or might no longer be for sale" when I try to access the necro in-game.

Latest patch installed. Store says purchased. Tried Restore Licenses. Tried restarting PS4.

Neverwas

i set this to download from work like 6 hours ago, but apparently my ps4 didn't get the memo. sadness consumes me. or, probably something less dramatic.

Matty77

For those who play but are not getting Necro it still seems like some nice content. I think Temple of the Firstborn has to be one of my favorite zones, and not just because it's new it's really right up my alley.

If they rotate them right and don't just always go with overpopulated "best in" builds challenge rifts might be really good too.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
The more i play it on my vita the more i miss a proper loot game on my switch 🤔

Dreavus

I'm having a lot of fun with my Necromancer so far. Leveling with my skeleton crew and skeleton archers supplemented by curses. I'm not sure if I want to dedicate much time after I reach max level though since I'm planning to play the next season and I don't want to be burnt out. I'll see how I feel once I get there.

This is where I'm at. I see the reasoning for waiting a bit for the next season but damn if I want to start playing it now. I pretty much only play the game in seasons these days.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Is it actually good? Did any of the other classes get anything? If not is it now "D3 Necros"?

As far as the Necro, he's a lot of fun. Also, flexible in terms of role. Can be kitted out for extreme long range or in close melee.

He brings a new awareness of the surroundings since he can explode, absorb, or utilize corpses from slain enemies. The thoughts of a friend is that at first glance he's pretty damn powerful for soloing, OP on lower difficulties even at level 5 or 10.

On PS4 I get "there is no content. It might not be for sale yet, or might no longer be for sale" when I try to access the necro in-game.

Latest patch installed. Store says purchased. Tried Restore Licenses. Tried restarting PS4.

Yea - you and me both. I deleted old save files and the install data, too. I mean, wtf?

HF2014

God. The necromancer is just awesome. Lvl 18 atm, using massive corpse lance skill with golem , skeleton and mage, with syohin life, its just amazing!

Top Bottom