• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Open Beta starting this weekend

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Saw it mentioned in the other beta thread but thought it was kind of a big enough deal for its own thread.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963739

We're pleased to announce the Diablo III open beta weekend, which offers open access to all players with a valid Battle.net account! Beginning this Friday everyone is invited to log in and help us put the game and servers through their paces in this three day stress test as we march toward the game's release on May 15. You can begin downloading the Diablo III client right now!

From Friday, April 20 at 12:01 p.m. PDT (noon), until Monday, April 23 at 10:00 a.m. PDT you'll be able to log in, team up with friends, and play each of the five heroic classes to level 13 as you fight to save the world from the impending demonic invasion.

Awesome. Doubt I'll be able to participate though, since by the time I'm able to finish downloading it the weekend will be over, lol. I'll look at it though, maybe the download isn't that big.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's out basically tomorrow anyway...

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_m2lrdhzPAo1r2ahfqo3_400.gif

Downloading now!

Awesome. Doubt I'll be able to participate though, since by the time I'm able to finish downloading it the weekend will be over, lol. I'll look at it though, maybe the download isn't that big.

3.74GB Edit: Nevermind, it's bigger than that. 3.74 was remaining when I was 12% in.

Cels

Can I participate if I don't own any games on battle.net?

You should read the FAQ that is RIGHT THERE in the OP link.

Blizzard said:
I don't have a Battle.net account -- can I still play?

Absolutely! Just visit http://www.battle.net to create a free Battle.net account. Next, download the client from https://us.battle.net/account/download/index.xml and install it. Create your BattleTag, and then log in to the game using your Battle.net account name (email address) and password to begin slaughtering the demonic hellspawn that dare stand in your way.

njean777

3.74 isn't that bad. I'll download tonight and Friday night, and it should be done when I wake up Saturday.

edit: Oh, ok. So probably a bit over 4 GB then. Still not too bad.

WOW I hate to say it but you may want to upgrade your interent if you can. That is like 56k speeds.

LowParry

Play it people who haven't played. It's worth it. Yeah, it may make the wait harder but you have five classes to play around with :)

WOW I hate to say it but you may want to upgrade your interent if you can. That is like 56k speeds.

Yeah my internet sucks, lol. My download speed is like 1.5 mbps

edit: To clarify, I meant download tonight, pause it during the day, then download again when I go to bed tomorrow.

Sillverrr

Great, good opportunity to try out a game I'm curiously not hyped for, despite massively enjoying Diablo 2 when it came out.

This company seems to be becoming increasingly soulless; time to find out whether Diablo 3 recaptures the magic of Diablo 2

Fou-Lu

Cool, should give me the chance to find out which class I'll want to use for my first play through of the game.

I should be studying for an exam this weekend though... Meh, the exam will be fine. D3 is more important.

valeo

It's going to be dead most of the weekend or laggy but at least I can get a taste to tide me over (I sound like a crack addict)

So should I play when it says playable or should I wait for optimal :p

Also is this beta client JUST for the beta? Or does it unlock the full game later if you bought it or something somehow.

Top Bottom