• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Open Beta starting this weekend

Wolfie5

I'm trying to launch the installer but I keep having this :

Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202012-04-20%20%C3%A0%2011.31.12.png

It froze here. Any advice ?

I got that and downloaded the EU installer instead which worked great.

Changed from English(US) to EU

Shahadan

Again, just do a search for any file named battle.net and agent.exe and delete everything. Be sure to close everything blizzard/agent related before that.

Once it is done, restart the launcher.

Uninstalling/installing again also helps.

Tacitus_

I'll be Tacitus#2849, playing on EU times. Though I'll probably play the first time alone so I can read the quests properly.

stupei

Wow, I picked the perfect morning to wake up earlier than usual for work. (But with my luck the download will finish just in time for me to NOT play before work.)

All the same, thanks for the heads up, OP.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Cool, really wanted to try this before buying. Downloading the client from the launcher now! Was slow at first, but now it's steadily downloading at 3-4 MB/s, so this will be done in no time.

Fjordson

Just heard about this. The gods are good.

I think Witcher 2, Trials Evolution, and Fez might all have to take a backseat...

Syril

So I haven't actually played a Blizzard game since before they made their huge revision to Battle.net, so I haven't made a Battle.net account yet. In the meantime, I remember seeing a controversy about whether or not it would display your real name, and I saw a screenshot of Diablo III's main menu, where it was showing the real names of other players. If I was to make an account now, is there any way that my real name would be shown to anyone without me allowing it on an individual basis?

Lain

Well, I fixed my problem by moving the installation directory, restarting the installation and then copying everything over. Now I'm ready again.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So I haven't actually played a Blizzard game since before they made their huge revision to Battle.net, so I haven't made a Battle.net account yet. In the meantime, I remember seeing a controversy about whether or not it would display your real name, and I saw a screenshot of Diablo III's main menu, where it was showing the real names of other players. If I was to make an account now, is there any way that my real name would be shown to anyone without me allowing it on an individual basis?

I'm not 100% familiar, but to stem your fears your real name will only be visible to friends you add via email address, not people you add via in game names / codes!

some one here will be able to detail it properly though

Tacitus_

RealID (ie, your name) is approved on an individual basis and both sides have to approve of it. You have to trade emails to enable it or allow B.Net to scan your FB profile for hits.

Torraz

Hopefully a few hours this weekend will be decently playable without constantly crashing servers. Would love to try some of the classes for a bit.

Torraz

wait so you're saying this is JUST for US or does EU get this open beta as well?

EU apparently starts at the same time as US, so at 20.00 GMT+2. While in PDT terms its at the middle of the day, in the EU its more along the end of the day, at least that's what's being reported!

Twinduct

EU apparently starts at the same time as US, so at 20.00 GMT+2. While in PDT terms its at the middle of the day, in the EU its more along the end of the day, at least that's what's being reported!

Ah ok. Thanks. Really looking forward to seeing how much of a difference it makes!

Lain

why the fuck wont the install client let me decide where to install the game?!

It asks before you start installing, when you have to scroll down to accept the terms before you can install. At the top there is the directory where it will install and on the right the change button to specify another location. At least on Windows PC.

alright i have no clue if this is gonna work for EU but i am downloading the client now as we speak, we shall see...

Even if it DOES use US servers, will the higher ping be constantly there or only in relation to other players if i play multi? (not sure how this works at all)

Top Bottom