• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Open Beta starting this weekend

RoadHazard

Gold Member
alright i have no clue if this is gonna work for EU but i am downloading the client now as we speak, we shall see...

Even if it DOES use US servers, will the higher ping be constantly there or only in relation to other players if i play multi? (not sure how this works at all)

I sure hope a high ping doesn't make your local controls lag. I hate it when games do that. Let my controls respond instantly and let me lag for the other players instead (I realize there are problems with that approach as well, but laggy controls are just horrible).

neoism

DAMNNNN IT... I really don't want to play this. Droping 60 on game, I'd like to just wait...

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

tooo

weeakk

:/

:(

Twinduct

alright i have no clue if this is gonna work for EU but i am downloading the client now as we speak, we shall see...

Even if it DOES use US servers, will the higher ping be constantly there or only in relation to other players if i play multi? (not sure how this works at all)

Nope the lag is local and multi. Aka clicking attack and only having it 'register' visually (and in the game) after the x amount of ms latency you have.

Playing from South Africa here and my usual ping to the server was around 500-800 ms and it was fucking terrible. I eventually ended up buying an unshaped adsl account and also a tunnelling service, battleping. This got mine down to 380ms .. stable and not noticing it so much right now.

Edit: in essence it's the same as Wow or any other MMO. Not saying the game is like that for those who want to argue about shit, I'm talking about the way it communicates with the server & client.

Edit2: Also the latency I experienced is based on the US server.

neoism

ok I click the installer and all I get is a window that says updating files, and then NOTHING... do you have to go the site or something?

Nope the lag is local and multi. Aka clicking attack and only having it 'register' visually (and in the game) after the x amount of ms latency you have.

Playing from South Africa here and my usual ping to the server was around 500-800 ms and it was fucking terrible. I eventually ended up buying an unshaped adsl account and also a tunnelling service, battleping. This got mine down to 380ms .. stable and not noticing it so much right now.

Edit: in essence it's the same as Wow or any other MMO. Not saying the game is like that for those who want to argue about shit, I'm talking about the way it communicates with the server & client.

Edit2: Also the latency I experienced is based on the US server.

well shit that's not what i wanted to hear :(

I REALLY hope the EU servers will be used for this then

Twinduct

well shit that's not what i wanted to hear :(

I REALLY hope the EU servers will be used for this then

Yep. But again let me just say that
A) Playing from SA, so latency will be worse.
B) This is based on the US server.

Don't write it off yet, the game is really fun and even with all the shit it gives me, I'm still buying it Day 1.

The_Monk

I'm in the EURO-Land installed just fine on my Mac but then I got error 3003. It seems it's not open yet, I may have misread the thread, my bad.

I just want to try and see if I can run it but as soon as I click on the game and go to the menu my fans go wild! Vrooooooooom...

I need a Gaming PC, my MacBook Pro is not ready I can feel it... =/

Yep. But again let me just say that
A) Playing from SA, so latency will be worse.
B) This is based on the US server.

Don't write it off yet, the game is really fun and even with all the shit it gives me, I'm still buying it Day 1.

oh no doubt, the final game i will be playing WILL use EU servers so that's ok, sucks kinda for you though since i doubt they will install SA servers ;) :(

deim0s

I'm trying to launch the installer but I keep having this :

Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202012-04-20%20%C3%A0%2011.31.12.png

It froze here. Any advice ?

Tough it out.

I left it and it proceeded to install the 'install client' a few minutes later - but Agent.app crashes to me twice. Just launch the setup app again to continue, if you closed it.

Tacitus_

I'm in the EURO-Land installed just fine on my Mac but then I got error 3003. It seems it's not open yet, I may have misread the thread, my bad.

I just want to try and see if I can run it but as soon as I click on the game and go to the menu my fans go wild! Vrooooooooom...

I need a Gaming PC, my MacBook Pro is not ready I can feel it... =/

Opens up in around... 6 hours from now?

Subxero

ok I click the installer and all I get is a window that says updating files, and then NOTHING... do you have to go the site or something?

If you're on windows 7 I had to set compatibility mode to XP sp3 for the launcher to work.

As soon as a I did that the launcher started and downloaded the client. Be sure to check your running processes to be sure agent.exe is not running because before you change compatibility it will linger and do nothing.

Also if you disable p2p in the launcher option you should get a consistent 2mb download speed.

Blablurn

If you're on windows 7 I had to set compatibility mode to XP sp3 for the launcher to work.

As soon as a I did that the launcher started and downloaded the client. Be sure to check your running processes to be sure agent.exe is not running because before you change compatibility it will linger and do nothing.

Also if you disable p2p in the launcher option you should get a consistent 2mb download speed.

didnt help, argh :S

neoism

so do you guys I have run the setup as administrator.... this shit is pissing me off. It gets halfway like the picture above, and just goes away after that....

WTF BLIZZARD.

neoism

ok thanks....

I only have parents control..... JESUS this will take forever. Still better not be a constant clusterfuck.... Wasn't expexting stuff like this from Blizzard.

neoism

owell laucnher fucked up, now I'm at the setup again and its froze....
Glad I tried though... Fuck this No diablo 3 for me. I would really hate to go through this shit after dropping 60.

Blizzard seriously.

MajorPain

It is going to be a looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg day at work.

Good thing I caught the wife b4 she left work.

Downloaded the client and ran it.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's with the FPS limiter under Options? With v-sync enabled on a modest rig, is there any reason to set the "Max Background" and "Max Foreground" sliders to anything above 60FPS?

neoism

please help guys.... WTF is this shit... I reallly want to paly this. I changed the compatibly to XP but the setup just hangs there. GODDAMN IT..

Top Bottom