• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Open Beta starting this weekend

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
DAMNNNN IT... I really don't want to play this. Droping 60 on game, I'd like to just wait...

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

tooo

weeakk

:/

:(

its only to king leoric 1/4 of act one and to make it easier if you dont want to spoil anything just skip all the text it pings your minimap as to where to go for a quest

Zeliard

This is gonna be torturous to play. Just when you're getting into it, the game will end!

Having said that, I will, of course, be playing the shit out of it this weekend.

causan

For all those getting stuck on "Updating setup files" when trying to install this is how I fixed it. This worked when it happened to me when I was installing the beta for Diablo and MoP:

1. Close out of the "Updating setup files window".
2. Open Task Manager and end the Agent.exe process.
3. Rename the Agent folder to oldAgent in the Battle.net folder. (It *hidden folder* found on Windows 7 in C:\ProgramData\Battle.net).
To find the Battle.net folder do the following:
So Start Menu>Computer>Click Organise in top left>Folder and Search Options>Opens folder options window>Click view tab>check Show hidden, files, folders and drives> Click Apply. You should see the Program Data folder then.

or

.. go to open file location on agent.exe in taskmanger to find it.

*Thanks to Subxero and neoism*

4. Restart the Diablo III launcher.

Hope this helps.

right i can now enter the game, obviously not log in yet but that's normal since it didn't start yet

question though: it says "login - account name" or something, do i put my email adress or the actual name i would use there? i haven't used my SC Blizz account for a year now almost lol

neoism

For all those getting stuck on "Updating setup files" when trying to install this is how I fixed it. This worked when it happened to me when I was installing the beta for Diablo and MoP:

1. Close out of the "Updating setup files window".
2. Open Task Manager and end the Agent.exe process.
3. Rename the Agent folder to oldAgent. (Mine was found on Windows 7 C:\Users\All Users\Battle.net).
4. Restart the Diablo III launcher.

Hope this helps.

I don't have any agent folder... first time dealing with this game.

Very disappointing. :(

Weird, I'm on Win7 and haven't had any issues. I literally double clicked the downloader program, it did everything by itself, I hit play and went to the log-in screen.

Maybe try contacting their customer support?

Aesthet1c

I wonder of our characters created during the glitch will still be available. I got a DH up to level 7, hope he is there waiting for me at noon!

neoism

Weird, I'm on Win7 and haven't had any issues. I literally double clicked the downloader program, it did everything by itself, I hit play and went to the log-in screen.

Maybe try contacting their customer support?

well after 2 fucking hours missin with this I found the battlenet folder and did what causan said and it worked... Really shitty programming blizzard Really hope its not a laggy mess. First time problems with game you've been wanting is bullshit.

guys how many of you are getting the Disc or are most downloading from the site.

Also my battle.net tag is neoism#1506
please add

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I will DL this ASAP when I get home in about 8 hours. No intentions of this being a day 1 so it wont hurt to try.

ToD_

right i can now enter the game, obviously not log in yet but that's normal since it didn't start yet

question though: it says "login - account name" or something, do i put my email adress or the actual name i would use there? i haven't used my SC Blizz account for a year now almost lol

Use your Bnet email address as your account name. Whatever you would use to log in to battle.net is the same as signing on D3.

Use your Bnet email address as your account name. Whatever you would use to log in to battle.net is the same as signing on D3.

that's just the thing, i don't remember how to log into battle.net lol :D

I will try with the email adress later when it would actually work thanks! Right now it's only getting stuck on the login screen when i try it, i assume it's like that for everyone?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nope the lag is local and multi. Aka clicking attack and only having it 'register' visually (and in the game) after the x amount of ms latency you have.

Playing from South Africa here and my usual ping to the server was around 500-800 ms and it was fucking terrible. I eventually ended up buying an unshaped adsl account and also a tunnelling service, battleping. This got mine down to 380ms .. stable and not noticing it so much right now..

Well, that sounds terrible. I vastly prefer "laggy consequences" (like when you shoot someone in an FPS and he dies half a second later) to laggy controls. The latter is awful.

well after 2 fucking hours missin with this I found the battlenet folder and did what causan said and it worked... Really shitty programming blizzard Really hope its not a laggy mess. First time problems with game you've been wanting is bullshit.

guys how many of you are getting the Disc or are most downloading from the site.

Also my battle.net tag is neoism#1506
please add

Where did you find your battlenet folder? I can't find it.

oh, I found it

Subxero

Where did you find your battlenet folder? I can't find it.

On Windows 7 it's a hidden file in C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
You wont see it unless you go to folder options and set it to allow hidden file to be shown.

So Start Menu>Computer>Click Organise in top left>Folder and Search Options>Opens folder options window>Click view tab>check Show hidden, files, folders and drives> Click Apply. You should see the Program Data folder then.

neoism

On Windows 7 it's a hidden file in C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
You wont see it unless you go to folder options and set it to allow hidden file to be shown.

yeah I had to go to open file location on agent.exe in taskmanger to find it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I heard my name while I was sleeping!
Yoshi-chan, Yoshi-chan, where art thou Yoshi-chan? I need to punch heal you this weekend.
Whenever you are ready sir, hook me up with that PM :3 ♥

tch

Randomly I make it through the initial setup and click install and then it just sits there (with the install button greyed out)until I get an error message: Failed to download required install data file: diablo3_beta_enus_web_unencrypted_win.blob. Please check your internet configuration.

Once or twice it actually started downloading before freezing and then I got the same message. Any one else having a similar problem?

Thanks for the update. Let us know when it finishes.

tumblr_lhcjsguZZo1qb6v7mo1_500.gif

Very cool. I was hoping I would get the chance to try this out before I decided to spend $60 on it. Heard so many stories of how it was meh, and did not live up to D2 (one of my fav all time games). That combined with me leaving WoW after Cat, I was skeptical at best about picking up another Bliz game.

I love people who don't realize time zone differences. :p

Sadly I can't get it working on one of my PC's for a friend. It installed on mine just fine but it's still hanging up on the setup screen on another PC. The Agent.exe fix up above did nothing.

damnit getting hyped here... not even an hour to go i hope the servers won't implode once the open beta starts ;(

question: since i didn't play the beta before, is there any class that can heal or is it just potion chucking for everyone?

Top Bottom