• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Pre-Reaper of Souls Loot 2.0 Patch Live

Terra

Found Sage´s Plight green plans yesterday.
Didn´t sell them on the auction house, but used them instead. Was that a bad move?

Ploid 3.0

You can actually skip most dialogue in this game with whatever your "close all windows" key is.

-Edit: This also is skippable. Disregard the below.-

Sometimes the characters talk without the speech boxes and do animations which take a while to finish, especially when it involves your character talking as well. Drowned Temple crater for example. After the fights in that room, and before you gather the shard or whatever, your character converse with Leah for a few seconds.

bJq4v5D.jpg

Halo 2 cutscene situation. Spinning around buying time until the sequence is finished so you can get the shard and warp out.

Lowmelody

Every time I have Haedrig repair Leoric's crown and he mentions that he needs more than making spades to occupy his time I start singing Ace of Spades but with 'makin spades' instead of ace of and guess what, now you will too.

That's what I consider fun. That is what things have come to.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Found Sage´s Plight green plans yesterday.
Didn´t sell them on the auction house, but used them instead. Was that a bad move?

Got them too. They're worth 10-12 mil on the EU AH. So if you don't already have hundreds of millions of gold, yeah, kind of a bad move. But at least now you can craft the lvl 60 set gloves with guaranteed crit chance.

Foaloal

Sometimes the characters talk without the speech boxes and do animations which take a while to finish, especially when it involves your character talking as well. Drowned Temple crater for example. After the fights in that room, and before you gather the shard or whatever, your character converse with Leah for a few seconds.

bJq4v5D.jpg

Halo 2 cutscene situation. Spinning around buying time until the sequence is finished so you can get the shard and warp out.

I recently found out you can hit spacebar/close windows button to skip those texts that appear in bubbles over their head (if you have all subtitles on). I had been using ESC to fully skip the boxed dialogue before, and that doesn't work to skip the non-boxed dialogue so I thought for a long time you couldn't skip that dialogue.

Makes those moments much less painful because you can skip basically every piece of dialogue. Also saves a decent amount of time if you're doing normal Diablo speed runs.

Ploid 3.0

I recently found out you can hit spacebar/close windows button to skip those texts that appear in bubbles over their head (if you have all subtitles on). I had been using ESC to fully skip the boxed dialogue before, and that doesn't work to skip the non-boxed dialogue so I thought for a long time you couldn't skip that dialogue.

Makes those moments much less painful because you can skip basically every piece of dialogue. Also saves a decent amount of time if you're doing normal Diablo speed runs.

Oh wow, sorry Wallach, I had no idea. Thanks for clearing that up Foaloal.

pahamrick

I've been saving up gold for days, by vendoring all my whites, grays and gems on the AH just so I can get the Hallowed Defenders plan before the AH goes down since I've had no luck with plan drops.

Just as I'm 1 million shy of the going rate on the AH, it drops from a barrel I destroyed. Huh.

IceMarker

Luckily my lady had Demon's Skin plan drop tonight two days before the AH closes, and she just started playing D3 last week. Now she has enough gold to sustain her a bit for RoS later.

THAT'S HOW WE DO IT IN KINGSPORT

pahamrick

Luckily my lady had Demon's Skin plan drop tonight two days before the AH closes, and she just started playing D3 last week. Now she has enough gold to sustain her a bit for RoS later.

THAT'S HOW WE DO IT IN KINGSPORT

Demon's Skin is such a nice set. Prior to HD dropping for me, it had been my only other Green/Leg set drop.

Got back my account for this update. (Played on PC after release week: never)

Well, i'm surprised. Drop is good and adequate, curve of difficulty is fixed at last... And, well, game on PC is as interesting as on PS3.

Diablo-like work, Blizzard! Took you a long time to fix the shit up.

Khezu

I randomly sold something in the RMAH thing and got 5 dollars.

Can I use that towards reaper of souls? Like use that and pay for the remaining balance with a CC?

I can't put anymore money in my battle net balance because I don't have an authenticator, so I can't do it that way.

I feel stupid for not selling a green plan I got some days ago...
Went from 1,6mil to 13mil yesterday by selling all my craft stuff and gems/white items though.

Zemm

I must be the only one that learns all my plans, I like the completeness of my blacksmith and feel like people are valuing gold too much right now.

pahamrick

I must be the only one that learns all my plans, I like the completeness of my blacksmith and feel like people are valuing gold too much right now.

Nope, I've been learning all plans that drop and buying some off the AH. Trying to lessen the available pool of plans so once RoS hits I'll be getting mostly the new plans once I hit 70.

Ourobolus

Banned
I went on the AH last night and spent about 10 mil on a ton of plans, since you don't drop plans you already know. Should lessen my pool somewhat.

Terra

Nope, I've been learning all plans that drop and buying some off the AH. Trying to lessen the available pool of plans so once RoS hits I'll be getting mostly the new plans once I hit 70.

I think it´s great to hear of more people learning their plans.

FtHTiny

Does someone know if it would be better to lvl to 70 with a char before starting with a crusader?
It would unlock adventure mode and enable a mean to get blood shards during the leveling.

valouris

Does someone know if it would be better to lvl to 70 with a char before starting with a crusader?
It would unlock adventure mode and enable a mean to get blood shards during the leveling.

Can you do adventure mode with a sub-70 character? If so, maybe you're right.

216 to 232 (16 levels) today. Worse than yesterday, which sucks - but I'm still satisfied :). Had SO MUCH FUN on Mumble today. EU GAF is still rocking my world when it comes to entertainment.

Thanks guys for enhancing my D3 experience with 640% (multiplicatively).

edit: THE REAPER OF SOULS OT IS GOING TO BE UPLOADED ON TUESDAY NIGHT (European time)

What's your name ingame by the way ?

noise36

.....aaaand now I'm bored again.

Legendary drop rates are down big time since first 2.0 patch landed...and even when one drops it is usually rubbish and wont replace my non legendary gear.

Last drop tonight for my wizard was a crappy axe that was about 50x worse than my current green weapon.

.....aaaand now I'm bored again.

Legendary drop rates are down big time since first 2.0 patch landed...and even when one drops it is usually rubbish and wont replace my non legendary gear.

Last drop tonight for my wizard was a crappy axe that was about 50x worse than my current green weapon.

The drop rate is still the same, nothing changed (One of my friends just dropped 3 legendaries in less than an hour, so it's all about luck).

Right now i'm looting lot of "old" legendaries without the new procs, but this will change with RoS.

foladar

From what i found online you need a lvl 70 char to unlock adventure mode. After that you should be able to level with bounties.

I recopied my account in beta which should have reset my flags, completed act 5 and went into adventure mode at about level 65, fwiw. No clue if it's changed, but that was the last day of beta (or if it wasn't reset because I had 70s prior).

Thought this was common knowledge..
Or did up you expect ppl running heamon's WIDE for exp were healing every time
"Mira, my loveeeeee blabla" for hundreds of time, without considering the possibilities of earnumbing themselves (that or turn off audio)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When is it going up? Tuesday?
I've asked Shouta if I can put it up as soon as possible - still no answer! If it remains unanswered, I'll most likely end up putting it up on Teusday.

Nokterian

OT is done? Just 2 weeks and physical c.e box is pre ordered i will see it arrive on tuesday.

The playtime with my DH is around 16 hours and I got zero legendary weapon drops besides quivers so far..... whyyy

Did you not restart your quests? If not you should since a fresh start will get you better loot.

The playtime with my DH is around 16 hours and I got zero legendary weapon drops besides quivers so far..... whyyy

I've had 7 quiver drops. I've only seen 2 weapon drops since this patch. I've only had 1 prepatch.

Welcome to Diablo, at only 16hrs consider yourself lucky. There are people out there who have put in 100s of hours and have never seen a leg.

OT is done? Just 2 weeks and physical c.e box is pre ordered i will see it arrive on tuesday.

Did you not restart your quests? If not you should since a fresh start will get you better loot.
Yeah I did a full master run for levels and farm quests on other difficulties. Now I'm currently doing a normal run for legs but no luck so far.

I've had 7 quiver drops. I've only seen 2 weapon drops since this patch. I've only had 1 prepatch.

Welcome to Diablo, at only 16hrs consider yourself lucky. There are people out there who have put in 100s of hours and have never seen a leg.
tgic9CJ.jpg

Boogdud

Ok this is getting ridiculous. Is this a bug that I keep getting legendary set piece recipes that are level 23-30 on my 60 in torment? It just keeps happening! I tried making a piece from the recipe and yup, it's level 23. WTF

Ok this is getting ridiculous. Is this a bug that I keep getting legendary set piece recipes that are level 23-30 on my 60 in torment? It just keeps happening! I tried making a piece from the recipe and yup, it's level 23. WTF

No. The recipes are I dependent and also not on the leg timer.

pahamrick

Yeah I got a lvl 31 plan yesterday =\

Not so much a bug. When you're 60, any recipe you don't already know can drop. Its why a lot of folks (myself included) have bought all the sub 4 million gold recipes on the AH.

Lessens the pool availability, so if a plan drops its one you can use until RoS.

Top Bottom