• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Maximus + Fire Walker Fire Monk build.

Fists of Thunder + Lightning Flash
Lashing Tail Kick + Vulture Claw Kick
Exploding Palm + Essence Burn
Mystic Ally + Fire Ally
Sweeping Wind + Fire Storm
Mantra of Evasion + Backlash

Transcendence, One with Everything, Seize the Initiative with option of the Guardian's Path and Resolve

I wish there was a spirit generator that dealt fire damage. Blazing Fist is the closest, it sounds like a fire damage attack but doesn't actually deal fire damage at least from the description although it's a great skill to have if you have high crit chance.

inky

Yeah I don't know what the fuck they were thinking.

They were thinking: Fuck, we ran out of time so we are just going to leave them as is and fix them later, together with all the other dumb stuff we couldn't get to, because we kept making changes to the core gameplay 2 months before we were supposed to launch. Hope no one notices...

The cynic in me thinks that fixing legendary items was something they knew had to happen, but of course wouldn't admit to it. Most of them feel like placeholder stats. I'm glad they are getting to that now at least.

Dahbomb

To be honest ever since launch D3 felt like a $60 beta (like Vanilla MVC3). I just wonder when the real game is going to be released, at least with 1.04 that day is getting closer.

Cipherr

A4NW0787UKL11344454806331.jpg

holy SHIT! look at that thing. Look at the proc percentage on it? That proc is like, 1k dps and it procs 95% of the time? 195% crit on the weapon and a goddamn socket for another 100% crit? Absolutely ridiculous! Fuck yes!

Weapons

One of the upcoming change in 1.04 is with regards to magic find right? Hope they don't nerf that/gear swapping thus reducing your chances of getting a legendary :(

Cipherr

So is there a Legendary weapon that allows me to proc Arcane bolts or Frozen orbs in the area? That would be neat.

I would die for a bow/xbow that procced jailer, frozen or walls lol.

One of the upcoming change in 1.04 is with regards to magic find right? Hope they don't nerf that/gear swapping thus reducing your chances of getting a legendary :(

I am nearly positive they are going to nuke gear swapping at the last second.

DTKT

Did they address the actual stats spread for the legendary? Even if you get a legendary, you might get a shitty roll on the important stuff.

That kinds of defeat the purpose of a "buff".

Weapons

Did they address the actual stats spread for the legendary? Even if you get a legendary, you might get a shitty roll on the important stuff.

Yes, they did:

For example, if the item's level (ilvl) was 50, the first affix would always roll at 50, then the next would roll at 47, and the next would roll at 43. This was done to offset the power of fixed affixes in a random world, but we've learned it's not necessary, and Legendary items being powerful is OK. So lesson learned, we no longer reduce the value of any of the fixed affixes on Legendary items. For example, if an ilvl 50 Legendary item had Strength as one of its fixed affixes, previously it may have rolled a range that you would have seen on a level 45 item, making it seem really underpowered, but now it will always roll within the range of a level 50 affix.

Also, all the legendary plan prices went up by a lot (up to several hundred of millions)

Rufus

Yeah, CTRL+F "Boom" on the blog entry for that.

Vodh

Holy crap.

Now bring the skills on. And the last big change I'm looking forward to the most - the MF tweak, can't wait to see what they're gonna do about gearswaps.

Jrmint

Pretty amazing buffs to legendaries.

Unless they buff up the drop rates it will still be next to impossible to actually see them, so it is kind of hard to get excited about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom