• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

is there even a remote chance of selling something on the RMAH if its not something that drops from INFERNO mode?
Yes there is. Legendaries/Set pieces still sell on the RMAH despite how bad they are and so do commodities like gem. Of course you can always sell gold on the RMAH...

I don't know the economy of +EXP items on the RMAH but those items definitely sell well on the GAH. Also Act IV of Hell can drop Inferno level items.

All of my jeweler plans dropped on act II. All of them. Including the flawless star amethyst.
Any particular area in Act 2?

Definity

Lovely. Got scammed a few mins ago in trade. Guy linked a Visage helm w/ dex. Told him I would buy it. Get in the trade window and there is the helm I want. Then he cancels out and comes right back into the trade window again and links the visage. This time I didn't check again.

Sure enough he had two of visage. A dex version and str version. Learned my f'n lesson. I should have known it was too good to be true. I thought the guy just wanted to get rid of it for a stupid low price. Oh well, I had plenty of gold just sitting there so it didn't hurt that bad.

Dude's name is Gannon if you happen to come across him. Not much I can do since it was my own damn fault. Grrr.

EDIT:

Looking at it now, the visage is actually an upgrade in DPS for me by about 800 but hits me a bit hard in vit even with the str roll. Might play around with it for the IAS but that's about it. lol

larvi

I've found 1 jeweler plan, perfect star amethyst that some white skeleton dropped in the crypts in act1. Found several smith plans, mostly 4 affix junk armor ones, also found a 5 affix 2h xbow which I tried out a few times but the dps kept being around the 500 range so I figured it would take a miracle to get anything good from that.

Damn I always stop at VoA before getting to Belial.

Sorry for DP.
I stopped going to him as well. Only do VoA now if I even do act II. Which might be a bad idea. The butcher and azmodan haven't ever dropped anything of value. Belial has for me several times. Though I doubt that has anything to do with it. Superstition does play a part in this game though.

Hahaha, I know it has been said so many times already, but I really can't believe Blizz thought it would be acceptable to have legendary weapons be such trash. Everytime I see a legendary weapon drop, I just shake my head and sigh.

Last 10 of my legendary drops have been weapons.

Seth C

It's funny you bring this up. When I first got to inferno, I had like 3 or 4 jewler plans drop. I was wondering if the stealth nerfed the drops rates on them because I've since not seen one and had two set pieces, a ton of standard plans and a bunch of legendaries drop. Crazy how rare those jewler plans are.

How rare are the legendary plans? I've never seen one.

Man, you guys are ridiculous. Haha. So far I have had..

One rare armor plan drop.
Zero jeweler plans drop.
Zero set pieces drop.
Zero legendary pieces drop.

In my world legendary and set items are still just a myth.

Zero jeweler plans drop.
Zero set pieces drop.

Don't worry. I think good ones are a myth. Save your luck for 1.0.4.

The most annoying thing is when you spend 2 hours or so doing a run in lets say act 3. And the majority of the items you get are level 55-59. So.fucking.annoying.

Wedge7

Never got a legendary plan, but got tons of random weapon/armor plans. Got 2 6 prop armor plans a hell of a long time ago, that 6 prop glove plan was still easily the best drop I ever got in D3, in that it more than payed for itself, immensely. During that period when you could literally sell any half decent pair of gloves for great money, and the big ones sold incredibly well. I ended up using the 6 prop shoulders, but in the end, probably would have rather sold them.

Got literally 20-30 random 5 prop plans of various weapons/armors that I just ended up selling like days before the news that the weapons may actually now be decent, so that sorta sucks. I think I actually vendered a few of the weapon ones when they didnt sell, like some 5 prop 2 handed swords or the daibo ones.

The things that dropped frequently for me were the gem plans actually, got a shit ton of them in act2. I think I got the first level ones in topaz/emerald/ruby, and 2nd lvl ones in topaz/emerald and amythest. Never got the 3rd level plans in any of them though.

Dahbomb

Zero jeweler plans drop.
Zero set pieces drop.

How many hours? I don't know the exact count of the stuff but I have had a bunch of legendaries, a couple of set pieces and a bunch of rare plans (all 4 affix garbage plans) drop for me. No jeweler plans though. 250 hours of playtime total.

Just right now I got a Lacuni Prowlers in Act 2 VoA. I sold it for like 50K.

I'm at about 330 hours. With 5 nv stack I get about 2 legendaries a week. Most if them in bunches. I won't get any for a while, then I'll get two in a run or two.

V_Arnold

Can I get a price check on this?? Its got way too many stats to even try and look it up in the AH.

It is amazing for any kind of tank-ish build, especially for barbs.
The Loh stat is huge, the life gain is amazing, and it has dex as well as str which is helpful for more dodge aswell. A very nice item, definitely in the 15+mill range, but I'd say start with way higher, and only decrese the price in 5mill increments once it does not sell.

I'm having quite a good luck -

1 jeweler plan
10+ 4 property plans, 1 5 property
2 set items
15 or so legendaries - one was Firewalkers with 220 dex which sold for 6 milions, 2 or 3 were brismtone material and rest sold for 5-50k :)

Vicros

Dropped pre-1.04 items will not get a buff.

From the systems preview:

"As a general reminder though, existing items are not changing."

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923456/104_Systems_Preview-8_10_2012

He's talking about my legendary plan though, not a drop. How about boots I craft after the 1.04 patch using my current plan? Will they not get a buff because the plan dropped pre-patch, or will the new boots count as a new "drop"? I haven't heard either way.

Cipherr

Has anyone worked out how the new multiplayer HP scaling will work? I thought that with the new 1.04 they were saying monsters in 4 player will have the same HP as they currently have in single player. But Im hearing thats not the same. Can anyone explain the upcoming scaling for me?

Vodh

Has anyone worked out how the new multiplayer HP scaling will work? I thought that with the new 1.04 they were saying monsters in 4 player will have the same HP as they currently have in single player. But Im hearing thats not the same. Can anyone explain the upcoming scaling for me?

Monsters having the same hp in multi as in single would be downright ridiculous. What they're doing is they're adjusting the scaling in different difficulties in multi - it is 75/85/95/110% per additional player right now, and they're tuning it down to 75% across all difficulties. Effectively if a mob used to have 1m hp in singleplayer inferno, now it has 4.3m in a 4player game. After the patch the mob will have 3.25m hp. The difference between 103 and 104 on hell and nightmare will be a bit smaller, and there will be no difference in normal.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Zero jeweler plans drop.
Zero set pieces drop.

What areas are you farming, and how many elite packs do you kill in any given amount of time on average?

SRTtoZ

Yep Legendaries are more of a random drop than anything. The 3 of them I had drop for me so far have all been from either goblins, chests or random trash kills.

So what was everyones best item farmed of the day yesterday. I was gonna ask that yesterday but I was too lazy. I farmed for hours in the late night because I couldn't sleep. And this is all I have to show for it :/

a3WsZ.png

Dahbomb

Most of my legendaries/set pieces have come from trash mobs as well.

My best farm from yesterday was that glove I posted. In fact that was probably my best drop for a week easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom