• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Wow that's a really good roll on Blackthorn breeches. I got one that was no where as good but I still sold it for a cool million.

Dahbomb

I sold a really crappy weapon set piece for like 18 dollars. It was so bad I don't even remember its name. I was shocked when I got the e mail confirmation.

SRTtoZ

yesterday was BY far my best day in farming Diablo 3. Instead of just doing a quick siegebreaker run I farmed the entire act 3 and came away with a ring I sold for 15m and an amulet (pictured above) which I have an offer for at least 20 mil so far. All in 1 run.

Dahbomb

I have a question about an affix... How do you put in damage range increase in the Ah search option? I know there is an option for bonus minimum damage but I was wondering if there was a way to compare damage range affixes.

Dahbomb

Oh nice, didn't know that was one of the changes.

Also are they going to fix the life per spirit spent affix search in the ah? I put a minimum value in but it still gives me stuff that is under the min lpss value.

larvi

I hate that so so so much.

There are a couple of other affixes that the minimums don't work on as well, can't recall off the top of my head. Also would be nice to be able to search for unique legendary affixes that don't normally show up on that item class, i.e. MF on weapons. And of course I would love to be able to search on more than 3 affix criteria and be able to specify other bounding criteria such as starting bid, time left in auction, dps, etc.

There are a couple of other fixes that the minimums don't work on as well, can't recall off the top of my head. Also would be nice to be able to search for unique legendary affixes that don't normally show up on that item class, i.e. MF on weapons. And of course I would love to be able to search on more than 3 affix criteria and be able to specify other bounding criteria such as starting bid, time left in auction, dps, etc.

I also hate that when I search for a legendary by name, I can't further reduce the results by stats with that name.

I seem to have hit a bit of a DPS wall towards the middle of act three inferno. As a wizard any idea what I'm supposed to be rocking at this point? I'm just over 40k and starting to really struggle to find upgrades that aren't minuscule or 5m gold a piece.

larvi

I also hate that when I search for a legendary by name, I can't further reduce the results by stats with that name.

Yep, forgot about that one. I haven't played WoW at all but I would have thought these types of things would have been worked out long ago for though for WoW auction house.

Dahbomb

All of those changes need to be implemented but I don't think Blizzard is going to implement a "time left" option. Mostly because it would be too easy to snipe deals.

larvi

All of those changes need to be implemented but I don't think Blizzard is going to implement a "time left" option. Mostly because it would be too easy to snipe deals.

Not sure what is bad about "sniping". Isn't it better to sell to someone at the minimum than not sell at all? I don't understand why people would set a minimum less than what they want to sell something for. It could also work in reverse and generate bidding wars between multiple buyers for items about to expire.

I seem to have hit a bit of a DPS wall towards the middle of act three inferno. As a wizard any idea what I'm supposed to be rocking at this point? I'm just over 40k and starting to really struggle to find upgrades that aren't minuscule or 5m gold a piece.

Post a link to your profile so (people not me, I'm a monk) can take a look.

Dahbomb

Not sure what is bad about "sniping". Isn't it better to sell to someone at the minimum than not sell at all? I don't understand why people would set a minimum less than what they want to sell something for. It could also work in reverse and generate bidding wars between multiple buyers for items about to expire.
I didn't say it was bad but it's Blizzard, I can certainly see why they wouldn't want it.

Svafnir

Let's just say I have been busy.... took me 2 weeks to get 1710 rare unidentified level 62 and 63 items. I also had to buy 2 accounts to store all the items >.> and i am giving it all the way! God damn do I ever wanna id all of them though.

Here's a video of some of them and details about how to enter the contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVFu8WMZblI

Off of the top of my head ... more Crit Chance. Bracers need to have 4-5 crit chance. You have one ring with pretty low crti chance 2%. Your gloves don't have any crit chance. Have you considered a one hand weapon and a source? You would probably have to sacrifice some intel on the bracers to get the crit chance, but if you move to a source, can gain it all right back and then some. Damage on a source can get up to 250-300 pretty easily. Combine that with a 700 + DPS weapon and you're no worse off than with your two hand but have more extra stats. I believe you can get crit chance on that sorce too.

Hopefully a wiz can come in and correct anything I've said that isn't right, but upping your crit chance is a pretty sure way to increase damage from where you are.

scosher

You should be able to clear Inferno with your DPS, although you could probably try and get 100 more resist. Just quickly glancing at your gear, your chest and helm upgrade don't seem like they would break the bank.

Any case, biggest problem I see is with your spec. It could use some tweaks to make it easier to clear Inferno.

1) Swap to Venom Hydra over Frost. Significantly more DPS.
2) Use Snowbound or Stark Winter rune for Blizzard. Increased duration isn't really as useful for kiting as increased aoe size or reduced AP cost.
3) Swap Diamond Skin and Archon for Teleport (Fracture or Wormhole rune) and Mirror Images (Duplicates). Also drop Blur for Illusionist. You'll have Teleport and MI up nearly all the time with that passive, and you'll find that MI also allows you to stop kiting for a bit and spam your primary spell, as mobs are distracted. Diamond Skin isn't that efficient until you get high resists/armor, as it breaks in like 2 hits by Act 3. If you feel you're still too squishy, you can try dropping Glass Cannon for Galvanizing Ward or Blur.

Damage on a source can get up to 250-300 pretty easily. Combine that with a 700 + DPS weapon and you're no worse off than with your two hand but have more extra stats. I believe you can get crit chance on that sorce too.
I do have a 850dps 1h and a reasonably good source, but I lose about 6k DPS with that setup (and my dots are significantly less powerful because of the lower weapon damage).

I'd like a better 1h setup, but the prices are nuts.

Any case, biggest problem I see is with your spec. It could use some tweaks to make it easier to clear Inferno.

1) Swap to Venom Hydra over Frost. Significantly more DPS.
2) Use Snowbound or Stark Winter rune for Blizzard. Increased duration isn't really as useful for kiting as increased aoe size or reduced AP cost.
3) Swap Diamond Skin and Archon for Teleport (Fracture or Wormhole rune) and Mirror Images (Duplicates). Also drop Blur for Illusionist. You'll have Teleport and MI up nearly all the time with that passive, and you'll find that MI also allows you to stop kiting for a bit and spam your primary spell, as mobs are distracted. Diamond Skin isn't that efficient until you get high resists/armor, as it breaks in like 2 hits by Act 3. If you feel you're still too squishy, you can try dropping Glass Cannon for Galvanizing Ward or Blur.

1) I tried Venom Hydra but it didn't seem like it was for me as I really like the additional slowdown I can get by dropping frost on the run. I couldn't notice any significant increase in DPS either... but it could be that I just didn't give it a chance. Is there a comparison of the two anywhere?

2) I have no idea why it's set to that. I always use Stark Winter. Odd.

3) But I really like Archon, it's fun. :( But yeah, I've been considering dropping it for a while now. I've never really got on with mirror images though, mobs don't seem to care as much about them as I'd like.

Anyway, thanks both.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
0IZH56HIX1FL1344454806133.jpg

lmao some of these are hilarious. Good job, Blizzard.

inky

ULCOPQ7NKSVQ1344454805978.jpg

Hmmm...

Those items looks like what they should've been in the first place. Maybe Blizzard is not that dumb after all.

And lol'd @ Skorn "old version" having 1k damage. When did that happen? I actually dropped like 4 of those and all had around 700.

eek5

r3nEr.jpg

I want this for my enchantress. Proc charms all day!

And lol'd @ Skorn "old version" having 1k damage. When did that happen? I actually dropped like 4 of those and all had around 700.

I've had two and one was 1k dps so it did happen.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
All sounds excellent. And they're acknowledging melee wizard builds too! Can't wait to see the new Wizardspike (even though I won't be able to afford it).

Dahbomb

The effect on Windforce is bad ass.

Today has been a good day for me. Darksiders 2 released, 1.04 Legendary info and Vergil in DmC not looking like a meth addict.

TUSR

Banned
This has me excited to play again. This is what diablo is. Loot whoring for uniques. Next up runes in the expansion?

Ugh, just checked for upgrades and chest would be ~7.5m (cheapest there), helm I can get a slight upgrade to for 3.5m, with most seeming to be around 7m.

Stupid EU auction house. :(

TUSR

Banned
The fact that it wasn't included in the base game is bullshit.

Yeah I don't know what the fuck they were thinking. The game is made to make money, I assume the more people playing the game the more money you would make. Micro transaction generation.

DTKT

To be honest, legendaries are just a small part of the issue. The fact that you see a very small amount of them doesn't help.

Not enough to make me come back, but they are getting there. :)

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
This feels like MF gear is going to skyrocket in value...more so than it already is.

eek5

This one looks insane

Aren't they also changing drop rates again too? Haven't really been following any of this stuff for a while, heard that from a friend though

I hope so. Making legendaries this OP and keeping their drop rates the same would be insane. Then again they've done some weird/dumb stuff so who knokws?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom