• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This thread makes me sad because i havent found anything worth a shit in about 2-3 weeks. Damn game.

tafer

Expectation :

http://diablo3rulz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/barbarian-complete-strategy-guide.gif[IMG]

Reallity :

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ieeis.png[IMG]

My point being, some Barbarian sets are really bad looking. Like Pala or templar bad. Seriously, where are all the badass skin from earlier level ? (this is full set 62 beside 63 mace and whatever shield)[/QUOTE]

White dye is the only way, in my opinion.

V_Arnold

HenryHSH said:
Spend art resources on legendaries and uniques.
Make it so nobody uses them.

This, so many times this. Blizzard DID make a huge mistake on that one, and they did not even care enough to publicly admit it. If they really want people to mainly use lv63 items, do 2-3 times more textures for those, and bam.

Radec

Any suggested builds for level 53 Barbs? :p

Get a 400+ dps weapon socketed weapon (reduced level req) then put an ametyst in it, a helm with socket, then put a ruby in it.

Then whack your way to level 60. Skills don't really matter use cleave or sprint tornado, you just need exp to get to 60.

V_Arnold

The mythical 10% crit chance...

6xMD5.jpg

tumblr_m55w5hgpSV1qhsoa5.gif

Anyone wanna ball park this? GAH had only 2 of those up, one of them was worth a billion (but it was a near perfect roll of 6 stats) and another one that was up for 80 million.

Dear god. I do not know how much this is worth, but it is worth a lot.

Get a 400+ dps weapon socketed weapon (reduced level req) then put an ametyst in it, a helm with socket, then put a ruby in it.

Then whack your way to level 60. Skills don't really matter use cleave or sprint tornado, you just need exp to get to 60.

I've been having more success with seismic slam than whirlwind, am I doing it wrong?

Haven't seen any reduced level requirement 400+ dps weapons on the AH yet =/

Dahbomb

Dear god. I do not know how much this is worth, but it is worth a lot.
Don't worry, no one really knows what it's worth. There are like combined 4 pieces like it on both the GAH and RMAH and nothing is listed for less than $100/80 million. *shrugs* Going to hold on to it until I get a better idea for it, probably going to equip it on my DH and roll with it for a bit.

Don't worry, no one really knows what it's worth. There are like combined 4 pieces like it on both the GAH and RMAH and nothing is listed for less than $100/80 million. *shrugs* Going to hold on to it until I get a better idea for it, probably going to equip it on my DH and roll with it for a bit.
I got an 8.0 cc, 49 cd, 117 dex, and ignores duability loss drop a bit back. I was gonna sell it but then just said fuck it and kept it on my DH, lol.

kennah

I just picked up a 9% crit chance, 1600 damage to melee attackers, 7 yards pickup and one other stat glove for 50k.

Am putting together a thorns, extended pickup barb for shits and giggles.

ccbfan

Yeah high dps weapons plus high defense/resist armor with minus lev reqs pretty much makes leveling from 42-60 super easy (-lev 18 is the max I think).

Minus Level 18s are crazy expensive though so I what I did was buy a crappy minus level 18 (Only like 300 dps which is still really good for a level 42) and a 800 dps minus lev 15 and then a 800 dps minus lev 10 with 1000 loh.

larvi

Speaking of possible item cloning, I just found this on the AH, exact same stats on every one of these rings, and the auction price makes it pretty likely it's the same person that put them all up. Why anyone would clone these is beyond me though:

rrov.jpg

eek5

Speaking of possible item cloning, I just found this on the AH, exact same stats on every one of these rings, and the auction price makes it pretty likely it's the same person that put them all up. Why anyone would clone these is beyond me though:

rrov.jpg

People go vendor "farming" w/ friends. Everyone keeps reloading then they find a good ring and invite all friends, buy inventory full after one of them checks AH prices then they all list 'em same time without undercutting each other.

kennah

It is more likely that those are from a vendor. I've done that with good +exp items I find.

It seems really silly to me that they let you buy multiples of the same item from the vendors.

larvi

Ah, thanks for the explanation. I've never really bought anything from the vendors so I didn't realize you could by the same item multiple times

alexel

The mythical 10% crit chance...

6xMD5.jpg

tumblr_m55w5hgpSV1qhsoa5.gif

Anyone wanna ball park this? GAH had only 2 of those up, one of them was worth a billion (but it was a near perfect roll of 6 stats) and another one that was up for 80 million.

These gloves are probably worth somewhere in the 10-15 million gold range (depending on how many are up in the AH). While those gloves are pretty great, they're not close to end game level yet (which is where the 100 million + items sell). If those gloves had some some combination of vitality, all resist, attack speed in addition to what's on there already, it'd bump up the price quite a bit. Also that dex is a bit low seeing how gloves could roll up to 300 dex (even though that number is misleading since other affixes will lower that theoretical max)

For a frame of reference, I bought a pair of gloves that were +158 STR, +90 Vitality, Critical Hit Chance 9.5, Critical Hit Damage 41% for 35 million gold. While they were str and not dex, I'd wager that str gloves should actually cost more than dex counterparts due to the fact that dex is the main priority stat on gloves and how popular/strong the double tornado Barb build is. The gloves were also the top gloves in those stat ranges on the AH at the time.

eek5

These gloves are probably worth somewhere in the 10-15 million gold range (depending on how many are up in the AH). While those gloves are pretty great, they're not close to end game level yet (which is where the 100 million + items sell). If those gloves had some some combination of vitality, all resist, attack speed in addition to what's on there already, it'd bump up the price quite a bit. Also that dex is a bit low seeing how gloves could roll up to 300 dex (even though that number is misleading since other affixes will lower that theoretical max)

For a frame of reference, I bought a pair of gloves that were +158 STR, +90 Vitality, Critical Hit Chance 9.5, Critical Hit Damage 41% for 35 million gold. While they were str and not dex, I'd wager that str gloves should actually cost more than dex counterparts due to the fact that dex is the main priority stat on gloves and how popular/strong the double tornado Barb build is.

Yeah DEX rolls up to 300 on gloves. I'd guess that another 70-100 dex outweighs the extra crit%/dmg you'd see. There are probably some godly 9-9.5% dex gloves around the 100m mark. Getting perfect roll on crit% just makes the results on search very small and hard to price against.

What I'd do is price it against 10% crit gloves anyway and hope that someone that doesn't know what's what buys them because they're the cheapest 10% crit/40 cd/100dex gloves.

Celegus

I just picked up a 9% crit chance, 1600 damage to melee attackers, 7 yards pickup and one other stat glove for 50k.

Am putting together a thorns, extended pickup barb for shits and giggles.

I'd love to hear how that turns out. Thornbarb sounds awesome.

Dahbomb

I just put it up for 100 million hopefully someone bites it. *shrugs* I wanted to put it up for 250 million just for the lulz...

I can see it going for over 10 million personally but under 80 million. I agree the Dex roll isn't that high and no res/vit keep it from being end game but there just aren't a lot of gloves like these out there. Maybe one of those rich farmers can see it and unloads his cash reserves on it.

kennah

It is a hilarious blast on Nightmare. Not so good for act iv hell, but I haven't tweaked the skills or filled any of my sockets yet. (playing on my wife's intel hd 2500 laptop, so is also laggy as shit)

Sitting at about 26,000 in Thorns Damage, 30% crit chance, +212 crit damage, about 50% magic find and 9770 dps right now.

Also picking up gold and health from halfway across the screen is pretty satisfying.

All for less than 400k spent.

I just put it up for 100 million hopefully someone bites it. *shrugs* I wanted to put it up for 250 million just for the lulz...

I can see it going for over 10 million personally but under 80 million. I agree the Dex roll isn't that high and no res/vit keep it from being end game but there just aren't a lot of gloves like these out there. Maybe one of those rich farmers can see it and unloads his cash reserves on it.

If it had ALL RES, it would be so so so so vaulable. I'm think it goes for the 10-30 range?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/y4e67/diablo_down_thorns_build_is_quite_viable/

I am still surprised how well this has worked.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Seeders-1949/

Time played: 44 hrs, 42 minutes.

Gold spent on gear: about 3 or 4 million. Not sure exactly.

Buffed stats:

27.5k Damage to melee attacker 11k DPS 65.7k HP 1200 AR 8795 armor

Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WSVikX!VUb!ccccca

Face tanked everything in act 3 and 4. Had some DHs help with damage to make Act 4 go faster, but I did Act 3 solo.

My main was a wizard, but this barbarian is a lot easier and relaxing to play. I only died a couple of times, but never more than twice per elite (and that was very rare). When enrage timers hit, it actually helps me kill them with Ignore Pain's reflect :).

Since my HP is high, my %Max Life heal spells work wonders. I hardly use health pots.

Troublesome mobs:

-Ranged take longer. If they have something like shielding+nightmare+teleporter...its... pretty frustrating. I skipped a few of these just for sanity sake. If they have desecrate or plague, you can just stand in the pools with ignore pain which helps a little bit (still not much though). Note - most ranged mobs do have a melee attack they use if you get in your face. Leap and charge are great for catching them.

-Golgors
Slow and heavy hitting. Elite packs of these will kill you if you try to tank it. You have to try to kite and wait for your heal CDs. I had one pack that was teleport and I couldn't kite, so I had to skip.

-These guys: http://imgur.com/a/WDBtL (accidentally included some screenshots from act 3 in there, I meant to show the Morlu Incinerators).

How much resistance are any of you WW barbs rocking in A3 Inferno? I just leveled a barb to 60 and cleared the first part of A3 without much trouble, but once I went into the keep to find Ghom any molten elites just melt me. I have 932 Fire resist buffed with 1100 LOH.

Lots to drool over there to be sure!

Maybe a bit of a hater comment here, but would this guy just likely be using a MF script then? His gear would absolutely destroy anything in any act of inferno, but as far as I see, he has a total of 2% bonus to his MF when using his scoundrel. Of course he must have been doing something right if he has all that gear to begin with though I guess!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
How much resistance are any of you WW barbs rocking in A3 Inferno? I just leveled a barb to 60 and cleared the first part of A3 without much trouble, but once I went into the keep to find Ghom any molten elites just melt me. I have 932 Fire resist buffed with 1100 LOH.

Not that much

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rentahamster-1419/hero/3634606

If you have trouble with molten, use overpower crushing advance. See my advice I gave to shadow780 a page or so back.

V_Arnold

I have been thinking. Blizzard is doing GREAT. I mean... one down, four to go. Natalya's set is amazing. Now all they need to do is make 4 other sets, one for all OTHER classes.

Yeah, shocker: there are other classes! Insane, right? Right? :(

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I have been thinking. Blizzard is doing GREAT. I mean... one down, four to go. Natalya's set is amazing. Now all they need to do is make 4 other sets, one for all OTHER classes.

We'll see. It's important to keep in mind that Nat's set was an accident, by their own admission. It wasn't a conscious design decision.

The only reason they kept it is because they saw how positively the community reacted to the change (and realized that 'fixing' it would cause a shitstorm) so they decided to keep it. They would not have had this revelation in philosophy so soon if it wasn't for this accident.

DiabloProgress has been updated again. Better/More Detailed stats with unbuffed DPS rankings.

It appears to still be crawling profiles however, as I'm pretty high up on some things which seem a bit out of whack. Though I suppose my character would be decently ranked no matter what, since I cleared Act 2 Inferno pre-nerf.

eek5

My theory is that they were working on Nat's set for 1.0.4 and it accidentally slipped into an earlier patch.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
My theory is that they were working on Nat's set for 1.0.4 and it accidentally slipped into an earlier patch.

Complete accident.

They improved the game by accident.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911881917?page=1#13

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911883850#3

bashiok said:
Yeah that was an unintentional change in 1.0.3, and we've been aware of it. We're not quite sure what we're going to do yet. We're a bit apprehensive because we really don't want to keep fiddling with people's items, even though this makes the set quite good. On the other end, it was an unintended change and so correcting it isn't quite the same as fiddling. In any case, it hasn't been discussed fully and so we don't know yet, and probably won't know exactly what we'll do until next week.

bashiok said:
We're not going to change/correct the set bonus of Natalya's. It will remain as-is.

It's one of a few cases recently that made us really sit and look at how we were approaching a game system, have some serious discussions about what they mean for the game, and where we want it to go. Sure it's one set and set bonus, but allowing it to continue existing, and even now beginning some work to embrace the concept, probably wouldn't have happened if the unintended change to Natalya's hadn't occurred, and maybe more importantly if you didn't offer your feedback (constructively and in calm and reasonable tones, of course).

We are working on Legendary item changes for a future patch, as I'm sure you know, which could change the set in any variety of ways. I don't know what those changes could be yet. But regardless those changes will only affect items that drop after that patch. They aren't retroactive. Any Natalya's items that drop before that patch (ie the ones dropping now), and the set bonus, will remain unchanged regardless of future Legendary item updates.

edit: Removed my comment about "no intent to fix it in future Legendary set". I actually don't know that for sure.

Dahbomb

I really hope they concentrate most on the legendary weapons. I got Doombringer today... Sold it for 10k and I thought I overpriced it.

Definity

Did a quick run today and finally had a jeweler plan drop (flawless star emerald). I thought they were a thing of myth since I had already found two set items and 10 or so legendary items.

Did a quick run today and finally had a jeweler plan drop (flawless star emerald). I thought they were a thing of myth since I had already found two set items and 10 or so legendary items.

It's funny you bring this up. When I first got to inferno, I had like 3 or 4 jewler plans drop. I was wondering if the stealth nerfed the drops rates on them because I've since not seen one and had two set pieces, a ton of standard plans and a bunch of legendaries drop. Crazy how rare those jewler plans are.

How rare are the legendary plans? I've never seen one.

Definity

It's funny you bring this up. When I first got to inferno, I had like 3 or 4 jewler plans drop. I was wondering if the stealth nerfed the drops rates on them because I've since not seen one and had two set pieces, a ton of standard plans and a bunch of legendaries drop. Crazy how rare those jewler plans are.

How rare are the legendary plans? I've never seen one.

Yeah, speaking of plans I just now found a crag hammer five prop (1 hand) plan. Not worth much currently and I'm sure the six prop plan is worth a ton more but with the upcoming patch I think I will hold on to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom