• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRTtoZ

So I finally killed Diablo on inferno. I would have killed him a long time ago but once I hit act 3 I farmed that for a while (weeks) and then I quit the game when they nerfed (or fixed) nether tentacles and the repair cost hike. So I finally came back a few days ago and powered my way through act 4 and just killed Diablo. Feels good man. Now time to make my monk.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
In regard to the magic find adjustment:

They went from one extreme to the other (averaged magic find to individual magic find).

In both options, there are still ways in which it is unevenly detrimental to magic find in some cases for individuals. The negative aspects of averaged magic find are already well known since we've all experienced them, and the negative aspects of individual magic find, as laid out in the preview, are now a possibility. This will be a problem for public games mainly, not private games.

It needs to be the case where you always want more people in your party since it will improve your individual magic find. Much like a follower.

They should have co-op magic find be: Individual magic find + averaged magic find (or +20% MF per player, whichever value is higher).

Zertez

I dunno about removing the mana cost to "primary" skills. I'm not sure if they're even meant to be "primary" skills like spirit/fury/hatred generators. They're just used that way because they cost the least mana and can be spammed.

I think I'd still like to have WD be different from the other classes in this sense. The low mana skills like dart can still be spammed, but I think with the mana regen idea I had, one of the goals of witch doctor would be to achieve particular break points in your build where the higher the mana regen you are able to achieve, the more powerful your "primary" spam skill will be able to be. (e.g. being able to switch out your primary from darts, to say, firebats or spirit barrage or something).

I don't think stronger passives for pets is that necessary, imo. Resistances already add to pet defense, and I think they're going to make it so that vitality also adds to pet HP. Just buff the current pet passives too and we're almost there.

Darts being spammable isnt the problem, it is being able to regenerate mana fast enough to use better skills before packs of mobs overwhelm you. Just using basic attacks, you are penalized with mana costs, so it delays using other skills longer than it is necessary. This limits build diversity as you need to prepare for being low on mana and still need to either do damage or have a skill/spell help delays mobs until mana recovers.

For some reason they put a penalty in place for WD for using simple basic attacks. Unless you are using VQ, you either need to wait longer for mana to regen using primary skills or not use anything at all. WD have no free attacks. Darts should be free of mana costs, the same as magic missle is free of arcane cost. All classes should have some basic skills that costs no mana, arcane, fury, hatred etc. As it is now, only the WD has a resource draining penalty on simple attacks.

Maybe if they overall cost of stronger WD spells was lowered it would be a non issue, but attaching high mana cost to most WD spells, mana drain on primary skills and the lack of good mana regen is the biggest issues with WDs and their mana issues. Ive played WD for 100's of hours and I dont see how removing the mana costs from Darts, Corpse Spiders and Firebomb would overpower them in any way.

Pets do benefit from resists, but they need a lot of help without going overboard. By reworking two different passives one for pets users and one for dot/poison users, it would allow them to buff those lines of skills while penalizing the other path. If they buff both without putting some restrictions, a hybrid build that uses strong pets with strong poison/dots will be overpowered and then they will have to start nerfing the class. I would rather than take their time and think things through to tune it properly, instead of tossing in a lot of huge changes and then nerf the skills because they are overpowered.

I agree and want WD to play differently than other classes, but they need a lot more help than increasing mana regen and buffing pet passives slightly. I guess we will find out soon enough what they have in mind for WD and then we can see the direction they want the class to go.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
For some reason they put a penalty in place for WD for using simple basic attacks. Unless you are using VQ, you either need to wait longer for mana to regen using primary skills or not use anything at all. WD have no free attacks. Darts should be free of mana costs, the same as magic missle is free of arcane cost. All classes should have some basic skills that costs no mana, arcane, fury, hatred etc. As it is now, only the WD has a resource draining penalty on simple attacks.
When I added the innate VQ, with the VQ improvements, and INT adds to mana pool, I was thinking that it would help WD enough with mana regen so that low mana spells like darts essentially become "free".

IlludiumQ36

Lh1Xv.jpg

Did some extensive farming in AI&II this afternoon. This was one of the very last drops. It saved the day.

10%!

So does the patch actually lead to good drops, or just an onslaught of bad loot? I haven't played in a couple months, and uninstalled the game. It's clearly designed to make people use the AH, which I have little interest in. I have no problem with farming, but what's the point if I'm going to get lv58 drops from The Butcher inferno. You'd think the point of Act I loot would be to prepare you for Act II.

The game isn't "hard" it's just a giant gear check. This wouldn't be a problem if good gear dropped at a decent level. Personally I believe if I stand in bad shit, I should die. If I don't properly respond to a boss mechanic, I should die. But I'm not a fan of being destroyed by elites, then caving and trying to find someone to help on the AH.

Natiko

Banned
What's the most efficient way to farm for gold prior to Act II Inferno? I only have about 3 million gold and it's just not enough to get good upgrades on my equipment. On top of that it seems like stuff isn't selling very well on the Auction House. Any tips?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
What's the most efficient way to farm for gold prior to Act II Inferno? I only have about 3 million gold and it's just not enough to get good upgrades on my equipment. On top of that it seems like stuff isn't selling very well on the Auction House. Any tips?

You can beat inferno with 3 million gold. Search for diablo 3 inferno budget clear guides on google and youtube.

V_Arnold

Lh1Xv.jpg

Did some extensive farming in AI&II this afternoon. This was one of the very last drops. It saved the day.

10%!

Now you are contractually prohibited from saying that D3 was not worth it for you, because this one drop is worth anything between 100$ and 250, easily. :D
Congratulations!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
edit: All of this sounds ultra-meh. No one will come back solely for 1.0.4 but it's cool for those who are still playing it.

The important parts:

also

*P.S. We’re getting rid of the Invulnerable Minions monster affix.

:lol

I disagree, I haven't played for over a month now but I'm going to play again after 1.04 hits and see if it feels more fun. The multiplayer penalty and gold penalty for deaths just seemed too extreme to me, I didn't buy Diablo III for solo play. And I hope the loot changes make the treasure hunt a bit better, as it was sorely lacking before.

1.04 will make me come back for a bit. Whether or not it keeps me playing will remain to be seen....

Beautiful gloves!

I actually found my first upgrade in awhile for my farming runs. Ironically I was saving up to buy a ring anyhow, but this allowed me to try it out. Gets my base up to 171% without being *too* glass.

Replaced this:
levelring.png

with this:
mfring.png

Well ... I hate quivers so I'm asking for some advice. Results are all over the board. I'm not sure if hungering arrow is valuable. It's got some good stats though ... including a 19% IAS and 7 CRIT.

8g9QT.jpg

Resident DH's ... any good?

Well ... I hate quivers so I'm asking for some advice. Results are all over the board. I'm not sure if hungering arrow is valuable. It's got some good stats though ... including a 19% IAS and 7 CRIT.

8g9QT.jpg

Resident DH's ... any good?
if that had max discipline it would be the bees fucking knees yo. But without it...meh.

You have nothing to lose. If it matters, I put up a shittier quiver with 50K starting bid, mostly because I didn't care if it got sniped and it ended up going to 450K. So who knows, maybe someone will pony up because the rest of the stats are pretty damn great.

Just you'd be hardpressed to find a DH who doesn't need more discipline :|

If it had 10% to entangling arrow I'd so want it :)

BTW Sarkoth or one of his buddies (hard to say since they melted in one big pond of acid) left this for me today:

Gqjcll.jpg

Of course that was that one run when i left my DH at home and took WD to farm act 1 with friend :)

Dahbomb

That's a damn nice Quiver, pretty much 90% of DH use Hungering Arrow. Don't put the minimum bid that low, people will just try to snipe it instead of going for a bid war.

No socket and max dex keep it from being god tier though but it has 7 very useful stats on it. I would be sad if that sold for less than 5 mil.

Nat Redemption is going to get buffed in 1.04 for sure especially with lvl61-62 capable of rolling near max dps. Sucks you pulled it now.

Natiko

Banned
You can beat inferno with 3 million gold. Search for diablo 3 inferno budget clear guides on google and youtube.

As a Demon Hunter? Most of the ones I've found for DH basically say "lol snipe bids if possible and then be an amazing player who never gets hit". Not exactly very ideal..

Dahbomb

Its not going to be ideal and you have to play well but you don't need to snipe unless you are going for some crazy 100k budget dh inferno. Dh can easily clear inferno with 3 million. Monk can do it in a million and do it much easier as well. I don't play Barb or Wiz but I reckon both of them can do it too.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
As a Demon Hunter? Most of the ones I've found for DH basically say "lol snipe bids if possible and then be an amazing player who never gets hit". Not exactly very ideal..

Yeah. It'll take more twitch skill than a melee since most of your defense derives from actively dodging, stutter stepping, and smoke screening.

As long as you can increase your defense enough so that you don't get 2-shot, you should be ok. If you're just progressing, you can switch up your skillset in order to deal with every situation.

That's a damn nice Quiver, pretty much 90% of DH use Hungering Arrow. Don't put the minimum bid that low, people will just try to snipe it instead of going for a bid war.

No socket and max dex keep it from being god tier though but it has 7 very useful stats on it. I would be sad if that sold for less than 5 mil.

Nat Redemption is going to get buffed in 1.04 for sure especially with lvl61-62 capable of rolling near max dps. Sucks you pulled it now.
I had already put it up for a 2 million max 1 million min. Sold by the time I finished another run. :(

Edit: got bored today and cleared diablo. Super easy fight with blinding flash.

I looted a 63 mace on the butcher. No hopes up.

800 dps. Oh.

160 vit. Oh !

Life leech 2.70% Oh !

Crit dmg 68% OH !

My barb is happy. And I had an auction for a similar (with not crit dmg) item finish two hours later). I just saved a million gold.

larvi

I just found a legendary quiver too. Got me excited for a minute :(

fripper.png

I've been slowly replacing pieces with MF gear, I'm up to 250% mf with a full valor stack and it doesn't seem to be helping a whole lot. Instead of rares with 4 crappy affixes, I get rares with 5 and 6 crappy affixes instead. I still haven't seen a set piece drop in over 250 hours of game time.

DTKT

I just found a legendary quiver too. Got me excited for a minute :(

fripper.png

I've been slowly replacing pieces with MF gear, I'm up to 250% mf with a full valor stack and it doesn't seem to be helping a whole lot. Instead of rares with 4 crappy affixes, I get rares with 5 and 6 crappy affixes instead. I still haven't seen a set piece drop in over 250 hours of game time.

Those are all issues that make D3 a somewhat broken loot game. Sorry. :|

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
lol wat

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6308701734?page=1
Update: there are now 6 different players known to have the same item.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/liemjunhao-6339/hero/18254046
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/leej88-1875/hero/14708745
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/insanity-1884/hero/11671090
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/mosesyr-1925/hero/8430
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Faetal-1219/hero/22731568
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/passermeaw-6696/hero/4952195

Check out their Offhand "Arcanum mind". Probably one of the best sources in the game. Worth 500mill++

This thread will probably be deleted soon, but in an effort to hold the forum moderators at bay, I disclaim:

This is not a discussion of a "hack", nor a method to dupe, or anything along those lines. It is merely a discussion of the observation that 6 players have the exact same godly item.

Update #2:
One of the item owner's profiles is now unavailable?

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Faetal-1219/hero/22731568
"Profile Unavailable
The profile for this account is unavailable due to limited service availability."

Update#3:

The player who's profile was unavailable now works again.
This same player also has 2 of the same amazing rings.
Other players also have the same Ring "Damnation Shelter":
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Brock-1229/hero/1102266

The maths on one of the posts in that thread were interesting:

Summary of roll probabilities:
1 in 98,280
3 in 78
10 in 440
1 in 44
3 in 15
1 in 246
1 in 18
1 in 10
1 in 83
1 in 377
1 in 100

Multiplying these through provides the very rough low estimate for the probability of finding a duplicate of the source.

The result: 1 in 3.427 x 10^21
or 1 in 3,427,000,000,000,000,000,000

If you find 3.427 x 10^21 rare demi litch sources then you have a 63% chance of finding this exact item (please review basic statistics before calling this into question). If you were to find 1 million of them a day it would take 3.427 x 10^15 days to have a 63% chance of finding a duplicate or 9.39 trillion years. Due remember that this is a low estimate.

Having them drop seems legit. :D

Seems like the chances of us receiving a transmission from outer space tomorrow from an advanced alien race are higher than having 6 of those sources drop.

Zertez

Im pretty sure these are duped because there is so many, but I have had 2 sets of rare items drop with the exact same stats. The items dropped within minutes of one another. The items that dropped for me were complete garbage though. Maybe it is some kind of bug they found out how to exploit, but Im leaning more towards duping due to some people already knowing how to do it.

Dahbomb

The mythical 10% crit chance...

6xMD5.jpg

tumblr_m55w5hgpSV1qhsoa5.gif

Anyone wanna ball park this? GAH had only 2 of those up, one of them was worth a billion (but it was a near perfect roll of 6 stats) and another one that was up for 80 million.

What kind of damage can a WD realistically get to? My gear is far far far from optimal and I'm at 32k but I was just wondering what I would be ultimately working towards (excluding buffing it with shrines/other cheap ways).

Tried searching for some good WD profiles but wasn't having much luck.

Expectation :

barbarian-complete-strategy-guide.gif

Reallity :

ieeis.png

My point being, some Barbarian sets are really bad looking. Like Pala or templar bad. Seriously, where are all the badass skin from earlier level ? (this is full set 62 beside 63 mace and whatever shield)

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
My point being, some Barbarian sets are really bad looking. Like Pala or templar bad. Seriously, where are all the badass skin from earlier level ? (this is full set 62 beside 63 mace and whatever shield)

Yep. Kinda sad, considering how much the devs talked about look variety. Another side effect of legendaries being crap, too. Not many players use them, so most players look the same, aside from differences in dye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom