• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

I'm a day late on the whole "Blizzard got hacked" thing, but I'm nonplussed all the same. Why did I use the same e-mail for BNet that I did for other things? I knew I should have used a junk e-mail account ><

Son of a bitch.

They're fixing pretty much everything that was horrible. Good god. The game will now be enjoyable. Still a long way to go in truly making the game "great", but at least we're getting progress, even if it's a little late.

Still no mention of end-game sort of stuff or when PvP is coming. That needs to come soon as well.

They're fixing pretty much everything. Good god. The game will now be enjoyable.

Still no mention of end-game sort of stuff or when PvP is coming. That needs to come soon as well.

leave it to the naysayers to claim that the introduction of PvP will introduce more horrid issues in the game.

I for one cannot wait for PvP.

jersoc

1.04 sounds great. will probably play again once it's live.
i'm glad they realized that diablo 3 isn't a mmo and removing the bullshit timers and making coop fun again. the weapon changes will be great too. should make it easier to try different builds that require different types of weapons.

and holy fuck, blizzard finally figured it out. not to nerf skills that are widely used, but to buff those that aren't, because they are broken. 7 years too late for wow though.

SRTtoZ

Good bye challenging difficulty - welcome rotfl stomping mobs without effort.

That happened a long time ago. Some people have 250k DPS and laugh there way through the game. These changes will only make the game more fun to farm regardless of how hard you want it to be.

Yep, it's pretty stupid how weak they are. Hopefully one of the buffed affixes is the possibility for 2 sockets to spawn on a 2-hander. IMO, that is one of the largest imbalances for 1-handers vs. 2-handers.

That would be awesome.

EDIT: I'm super excited to hear about the Legendary updates and skill now too. I like what I've heard so far so I have a little more faith that they'll do the right things for legendary and skills. Should make loot hunting more interesting and give incentive to play around with builds.

I've really wanted to start a WD class as I played Necro in the D2. Hopefully the buffs to certain WD skills will make the class more viable and give me a reason to level one.

V_Arnold

They're fixing pretty much everything that was horrible. Good god. The game will now be enjoyable. Still a long way to go in truly making the game "great", but at least we're getting progress, even if it's a little late.

Here is my take on what is enjoyable or not. Hope you all enjoy it! :D

hpwfC.jpg

Celegus

There are still a ton of us out there that can't progress through certain parts on inferno. Not because I "suck at the game", but I just can't afford good gear. The difference between okay level 60 gear and great level 60 gear is HUGE. Sure this patch will make what is easy for some people even easier, but I think opening it up to more people is only a good thing.

Amazing how this obvious philosophy is invisible to some developers.

because buffing everything is killing difficulty balances... but who cares. no one will complain about inferno being slightly less difficult and better loot being fairly more acessessible.

I'm waiting to see how buffed are the skills and the AH recieving 6 caracteristics search per item

HenryHSH

I love every single change listed. I don't see myself getting back into the game just yet, not to mention none of my friends play anymore.

eek5

because buffing everything is killing difficulty balances... but who cares. no one will complain about inferno being slightly less difficult and better loot being fairly more acessessible.

I'm waiting to see how buffed are the skills and the AH recieving 6 caracteristics search per item

To be fair, they already nerfed all the OP skills to the point where they're happy with how powerful the most used skills right now are so buffing underused skills to that level isn't really killing balance.

Of course they'll probably fuck up buffing stuff and create some new OP-as-fuck skill/rune combinations but that comes with the territory lol

Stripes55

Neo Member
I hope they buff lashing tail kick because I
think I'm the only monk that uses it. :)

No, my level 60 Monk is quite fond of it, as well....doesn't do a whole lot of damage, but good for clearing enemies away when I'm surrounded and can't get to the much-needed health globes.

Hey guys, ive never played any of the Diablo games and im getting this one soon. What character do you recommend for a D3 newb?

The barbarian, or "baba" as it is called by Blizzard's Asiatic customers, is pretty easy to play and is the strongest character in inferno at the moment. If you prefer ranged, Demon Hunter is very powerful and also relatively easy (though you have to know how to avoid damage).

The barbarian, or "baba" as it is called by Blizzard's Asiatic customers, is pretty easy to play and is the strongest character in inferno at the moment. If you prefer ranged, Demon Hunter is very powerful and also relatively easy (though you have to know how to avoid damage).

Ya im more of a ranged attached kinda guy, i dont like being up close and getting too much damage.

And how do i avoid taking too much damage?

Oh, and in case anyone didn't know, with online profiles, DiabloProgress now finally works (at least somewhat).

My character: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/carbonfalcon-1838/hero/2729808

Ranked decently high for not having even played in at least a month (not out of dislike for the game, but out of extreme addiction to Dota 2! Put in about the same amount of hours in that now that I did in D3.)

OP is a bit out of date now and I will be updating it soon, at the very least in time for OT5. It's taken a bit longer to get there than I would have thought though as the rate of posts has been pretty slow in the past few weeks.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Sure. But I mean in general game design decision. especially when there is no pvp

Broadly speaking, I guess so. But in Diablo 3 there's a hard cap on the amount of skills you can equip at one time, so a larger pool of powerful skills doesn't necessarily make everything easier if you can still only equip 6 at once.

Oh, and in case anyone didn't know, with online profiles, DiabloProgress now finally works (at least somewhat).

Ranked decently high for not having even played in at least a month (not out of dislike for the game, but out of extreme addiction to Dota 2! Put in about the same amount of hours in that now that I did in D3.)

OP is a bit out of date now and I will be updating it soon, at the very least in time for OT5. It's taken a bit longer to get there than I would have thought though as the rate of posts has been pretty slow in the past few weeks.

That's pretty cool.

Dahbomb

Looks like an overall Inferno nerf again.

I really wished they would improve the end game content but I guess that's what 1.1 will be about.

Damn they admitted to a lot of wrong done in that post. I hope they make good on patch 1.04.

Definity

I like those changes that are coming in 1.04, especially the legendary buff! Doesn't seem like there will be much challenge left in the game with some of those changes though.

I did a quick run today and got trolled on the All Resistance roll for this item. :/

ib1j397Ped7jtj.png

There are still a ton of us out there that can't progress through certain parts on inferno. Not because I "suck at the game", but I just can't afford good gear. The difference between okay level 60 gear and great level 60 gear is HUGE. Sure this patch will make what is easy for some people even easier, but I think opening it up to more people is only a good thing.

Quit lying. No one in here hasn't already beaten inferno 68 times and made $12,000 off of the game selling farmed gear. :) j/j

No, I'm with you, I'm still in Act 2 inferno. I had quit playing (a combination of boredom + lack of fun) about 3 weeks ago and this patch looks promising...Maybe I'll get back to it.

No, my level 60 Monk is quite fond of it, as well....doesn't do a whole lot of damage, but good for clearing enemies away when I'm surrounded and can't get to the much-needed health globes.

Not at all, good sir!

As an under-geared monk progressing through A-I, I can't live without it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/IlludiumQ36-1420/hero/8889140

Ok ... so I'm one of three monks that uses it. HA.

If they get rid of invulnerable minions and nerf firechains ... might not need it as much. Then it's only usefull for molten and sheilding. Both of which are easier to kite than firechains and invulnerable minions.

I tried using Blinding Flash in it's place but never liked it. The damage buff is way too short and the 3 seconds of blind doesn't affect affixes that I hate the most.

V_Arnold

Just read this in the Blizz news thread, I love this approach.

VekTor from Blizz feature page said:
For the life of me, I don't get all of these folks who complain when the game is made easier. Newsflash: you're not competing against anyone else who is playing the game. EVER.

There's plenty of things that you can do to make the game harder FOR YOURSELF. They are called challenges. Think the game is too easy? Play it without using rares, or without using magic items.

Don't like the AH? Don't use it, ever. Or buy from the vendors. Play it "live off the land" style, as was popular in D2.

Limit the number of skills you use in a build, or refuse to rune your skills.

Play without using amulets or rings... or the armor slot of your choice. Or no armor.

Do any of the above in Hardcore.

It's trivially easy to make the game as hard as you want right now. There's no good reason to make sure that other people who don't have your level of skill can't make progress. Their progress doesn't hurt you, after all.

Quit trying to raise yourself up by pushing other people down.

Natiko

Banned
Just got a Natalya's Shadow to drop with decent dex, vit, and three empty sockets. Pretty happy for it being my first set item and only my fourth legendary drop.

Cipherr

Making elites easier? lol I'm gonna steamroll this game post-patch. They are already kind of easy for me.

Mhmm, I steamroll them now on my barb, add 3 more dps without raising the HP on the elites and you have a smash fest. In other words, the drop rate for items isnt going to be so bad if a pack can be wiped out so much faster now. Plus a much larger percentage of the loot will be worth a shit with the changes to weapons. All of a sudden anything 60 and above can be a great weapon, and all of a sudden 2 handers will have a chance to be great weapons. Just those two changes alone will have a great effect on the 'loot grind' when combined with the changes to elite pack HP and scaling in 4 player games.

I have plenty of gaffers already, and most of them haven't connected in 50+ days either.

I quit because the loot is uninteresting crap with too much emphasis on the same main stats (all of it, not only legendaries), there was no encouragement for build variety and no long term goals. Also, my not so crap loot stopped selling regularly, while the good improvement loot spiked in price considerably (looks like almost everybody out there has 100s of millions), so I just cashed out on my most valuable items while keeping a MF set for when I decided to come back. I also quit because my friends were gone and there was no incentive for me to level my alts when my WW barb is already the best class/skill combination for farming shit.

Don't get me wrong, I played like 250 hrs of it, and can say I enjoyed most, but there are very few hooks left keeping me back. In fact, the only thing has been trying to sell my surplus equipment @ the RMAH, and almost all of that is gone. I have enough Blizz bucks for an expansion, and Guild Wars 2 is coming soon, so I don't really see myself playing. Maybe that's why I feel it's not enough for me. *shrugs*

That reads alot like you werent going to come back and play anyway. If nothing short of an expansion with more Acts was going to interest you, then thats fine. But for people like me who like the game, but just wanted all of the bad shit fixed, this looks fantastic. Im definitely going to play again, but not until this shit goes live.

Good bye challenging difficulty - welcome rotfl stomping mobs without effort.

Difficulty was patched out in the very first Inferno nerf mate. Either you cleared inferno before then, or you didn't. Any nerfs from here on out is just easy to more easy.

Just read the notes on 1.04. Looks like they're on the right track.

I'm especially interested to see how certain skills and runes change (as Inferno is not even in my sights).

JCizzle

Great patch notes. Blizzard again proves they're capable of taking feedback and changing direction as needed, even if it's counter to their original philosophy. Bravo.

Cipherr

For the life of me, I don't get all of these folks who complain when the game is made easier. Newsflash: you're not competing against anyone else who is playing the game. EVER.

There's plenty of things that you can do to make the game harder FOR YOURSELF. They are called challenges. Think the game is too easy? Play it without using rares, or without using magic items.

Don't like the AH? Don't use it, ever. Or buy from the vendors. Play it "live off the land" style, as was popular in D2.

Limit the number of skills you use in a build, or refuse to rune your skills.

Play without using amulets or rings... or the armor slot of your choice. Or no armor.

Do any of the above in Hardcore.

It's trivially easy to make the game as hard as you want right now. There's no good reason to make sure that other people who don't have your level of skill can't make progress. Their progress doesn't hurt you, after all.

Quit trying to raise yourself up by pushing other people down.

So much truth there. Wonder how many complaining even cleared Inferno pre nerf anyway, or were they whining about getting stuck in Act 2.

Great patch notes. Blizzard again proves they're capable of taking feedback and changing direction as needed, even if it's counter to their original philosophy. Bravo.

too bad it took 3 month...

Blizzard seems slow as hell fixing balance issue. THey have mods with variable and number inputs. They should fix most of the gamers reclaims within days, not month.

But I guess they want to test everything and make a huge patch, not some hotfixes...

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Don't agree.

Players having to willingly and unnaturally gimp themselves in order to challenge themselves at a game means that the game has flaws related to difficulty.

Furthermore, an always online game with multiplayer elements will always have a component of competition to it, despite people who willingly blind themselves to that fact.

Those arguments are crap and don't help promote a better game. Challenge and fun need to be emergent from within the game, not externally.

JCizzle

too bad it took 3 month...

Blizzard seems slow as hell fixing balance issue. THey have mods with variable and number inputs. They should fix most of the gamers reclaims within days, not month.

But I guess they want to test everything and make a huge patch, not some hotfixes...

I agree that it's probably a bit late, but at least it seems like some truly major changes and not just a few band aids.

Yes. Always have been, always will be.

I understand that it's a major part of the Diablo endgame, but it shouldn't be the "general philosophy". What about fun, challenge and entertainment? They're making steps towards it with buffing unused skills, but if they're guided by "this makes farming faster", the game will always be a chore to play.

geestack

Just read the 1.0.4 notes -- FUCK YEAH. Maybe I'll actually be able to move on and get past Act 3 without having to spend 100 million gold.

I know there is a list of people who play, but of course that was from launch I believe. Is there a different location for new/still playing people? Especially with the planned changes, I'd like to team up with some of the other GAF people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom