• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korten

Banned
So I haven't played n a long time, not because I didn't enjoy the game, but I was busy. So as a causal Diablo 3 player, is the newest patch worth it to jump back in?

TheYanger

Yeah, I almost have more fun on T1 than higher levels simply because I can mow down hordes of enemies quickly and collect more drops in said timeframe. Higher torment levels boost XP greatly, but if it's item farming you want then it seems best to stay on T1. Pretty much just stay on the highest torment level that trash remains trivial to you and where you can "quickly" dispatch elite packs. If its taking you ten minutes per elite pack then it's time to knock it down a peg or two.

To be fair, torment levels DO affect the amount of drops, just not the actual stats when they do drop. And at 70 there are items that are torment specific.

BFIB

So I haven't played n a long time, not because I didn't enjoy the game, but I was busy. So as a causal Diablo 3 player, is the newest patch worth it to jump back in?

Abolutely. The game is extremely addicting with the new additions.

mileS

I thought only torment (compared to expert etc.) affects amount of drops, not the lvl of torment.

I'm not sure where people get this from. The slider even tells you it does. An extra chance at a legendary. Not trying to call you out or anything but this is something I've seen said over and over.

As for how much of an extra chance there is comparing t1 to lets say, t4. I don't think it's very much.

neoism

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu blizzard What the Fuck. every-time you guys extend the maintenance... After I had a long days work I like to come home smoke some weed and play D3...;p

So was it just me or was yesterday plan day or what lol.. I got 3 leg plans made 20m and got also got a goldskin upgrade for meh barb...
I have to say though damn monk is sooo fucking much fun now, well more fun than it was... playing as much as possible before ros because going 100% Crusader like everyone else :p
lol Yoshi man you should clam yoself once ROS comes or are you taking a vacation and playing 7 days straight. :p

eek5

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu blizzard What the Fuck. every-time you guys extend the maintenance... After I had a long days work I like to come home smoke some weed and play D3...;p

So was it just me or was yesterday plan day or what lol.. I got 3 leg plans made 20m and got also got a goldskin upgrade for meh barb...
I have to say though damn monk is sooo fucking much fun now, well more fun than it was... playing as much as possible before ros because going 100% Crusader like everyone else :p
lol Yoshi man you should clam yoself once ROS comes or are you taking a vacation and playing 7 days straight. :p

I kind of disagree. I think monk is still strong but it plays more or less like it used to. WD and Wiz are a lot more fun than they were. Haven't tried DH or Barb builds yet.

is there a way to make more health globes drop? i've noticed that they are not very common. also, am i supposed to be only using a generator, a spender, and 4 buffs or something?

right now i am running torment 2 crypt of the ancients pretty easily. 3 buffs, archon.

Having 1-2 active defensive skills is not a bad idea, especially if you're getting smacked, teleport or diamond skin are good choices. Icicle familiar combined with electrocute is also crazy freeze-proc CC.

Give prismatic armor a shot too, really helpful if you don't have much all-res. Would be an improvement over ice armor unless you're mostly taking melee damage.

Loginius

I'm not sure where people get this from. The slider even tells you it does. An extra chance at a legendary. Not trying to call you out or anything but this is something I've seen said over and over.

As for how much of an extra chance there is comparing t1 to lets say, t4. I don't think it's very much.

Huh, I just checked and you're absolutely right, my best guess is that there is no additional magic find so I (and others) just assumed there is no increase in dropchance.

Dahbomb

There are Legendary items that have better chances of dropping Health Globes (some skills too in some classes).

In the beta they used to spawn so much they would fill up the screen. And they comboed with other health globe items (like get resource from picking up a globe) and you became a death machine spawning globes all over the screen.

Alternatively you can just start getting gear which has +health bonus to health globes. Its a secondary stat so it doesn't compete with anything good.

Shifty76

I have to say though damn monk is sooo fucking much fun now, well more fun than it was...

Monk has been fun for a long time, though I could see how people who only ever played cookie cutter FoT/SW would have thought it was a boring class to play.

LOVING the new dashing strike. Nothing like pissing off your party members in Keep Depths by dashing right through all the walls while they have to go around. Not sure if that's intended behaviour or not, but whatever - it's fun to tele like a wizard.

neoism

Monk has been fun for a long time, though I could see how people who only ever played cookie cutter FoT/SW would have thought it was a boring class to play.

LOVING the new dashing strike. Nothing like pissing off your party members in Keep Depths by dashing right through all the walls while they have to go around. Not sure if that's intended behaviour or not, but whatever - it's fun to tele like a wizard.

nah man I played DH on the beta and was like WOOW this is my class...then I played the monk and quit the beta at like level 8 I was in LOVE I played the monk for like 400+ hours lol before I started the barb. Sooo much time wasted lol I really should have just got 250 and got god gear.. I was stuck in act 1 inferno for 6 months lol then PL came and started a barb and was amazed and got really lucky and was able to get to MP 8 on my barb and I had basically quit the monk... I still can't even do Torment 1 on my monk not really such what to do.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/1516357
Man if PL was out at launch I'd definitely be 100 :/

also fuck I bet they will extend it again :****(

Shouta

I've been messing with cyclone/implosion with the inner sanctuary 30% dmg / slow enemies and MoC. Cyclone in, inner sanctuary and hit a MoC for huge damage boost and clustered enemies. Pretty sweet.

Yeah, a lot of the changes make it a bit more feasible to have different skills on, plus the plevels and general adjustments. It was so hard for me to leave Serenity off my bar because it was so useful but Inner Sanctuary/Forbidden Sanctuary does the trick and gives me the boost I need.

Dahbomb

I already posted the Monk build in the other thread:

Inner Sanctuary (Forbidden Palace)
Dashing Strike
Cyclone (Implosion)
Exploding Palm (Essence Burn)
MoC (Overawe)
Random Spirit generator

You Dash in, Cyclone, Sanctuary, Palm targets, MoC and watch fireworks.

I wish they had given us an extra active skill slot as well in the expansion.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
I hear you, but with the way legendaries are dropping...I don't think it'll take more than a few days before people have upgraded major portions of their characters, if not the majority of the slots.

It's Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, and we're all invited.
True, I just was trying to point out getting that particular legendary with those particular stats, especially if it had a good secondary modifier, with better stats wont be as easy therefore wont be useless as stated.

But maybe Im just being optimistic. Heh!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Servers where Blizzard!?

Yeah, I thought they were coming back up at 6 PM EST. That was 20 minutes ago, I guess it's taking longer than the launcher says.

Oh well, guess I'll play Dark Souls instead for now.

BFIB

baseball-fuck.gif

MrDaravon

Gold prices were wack right when servers went up, a few of us managed to cash out at well over what the going rate was last week (like ~$3.25 or so?). Dumped 500 mil at $5.50 at stack or so into bnet balance so I'll clear $44 and some change. So RoS just paid for itself, and I still have 170 mil going into that. Thank you based Blizzard

RS4-

Just had some veiled crystals drop for me.

If 50m gold drops to under $2, I'll buy some, or trade them for tf2 keys lol.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hmm it is? I barely have gold as it is lol, got like 3 million :c

You'll start getting a lot more gold to offset that.
Blizz will no longer have to worry about it imbalancing the market once the AH leaves.
I guess they have to worry about players being able to spam the Mystic though to get perfect gear.

Ashodin

The Mystic is straight up (+ crafting) the goldsink. You will want to drop gold to make your gear better to find more gear. Simple as that.

Skab

You'll start getting a lot more gold to offset that.
Blizz will no longer have to worry about it imbalancing the market once the AH leaves.
I guess they have to worry about players being able to spam the Mystic though to get perfect gear.

Repeatedly rerolling a stat causes it to become more and more expensive. It gets REALLY pricey. You can end up spending millions on a single reroll on a yellow. And legendarys take more gold than yellows (IIRC) on top of the special mats needed for them.

So yes, you need to hang on to as much gold as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom