• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Ladders would be great down the road, but they're not needed at launch or close to launch IMO. You want enough time to deck out your normal hero first. Plus they need to offer some small incentive to participate, something like unique mob affixes or custom transmog items.

Ketch

Have they actually confirmed ladders?

I'd love to get in on that. PoE was fun for the ladders, but janky as hell in the combat.

Have they actually confirmed ladders?

I'd love to get in on that. PoE was fun for the ladders, but janky as hell in the combat.

There's no doubt at this point. Strings for ladders (referred to as seasons) have been found since the first datamined RoS build back in September, the team has continued to make cryptic comments that are ramping up the same time a CM is teasing a new dev blog, and have even outright mentioned ladders several times before, either intentionally or by accident.

Acti

You know who is hyped for this?

hrw55.gif

(Which is Kripparrian for those who dont know, a popular streamer on Twitch). He has kinda been down on Diablo RoS, calling it just casual fun and really missing ladders and a sense of competition. I hope he goes hardcore in it now that ladders are likely in.

I really like to hear his opinions. Such an honest and chilled guy. FUCKIN awesome.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Might as well add this here as well (regarding the OP):
216 to 232 (16 levels) today. Worse than yesterday, which sucks - but I'm still satisfied :). Had SO MUCH FUN on Mumble today. EU GAF is still rocking my world when it comes to entertainment.

Thanks guys for enhancing my D3 experience with 640% (multiplicatively).

edit: THE REAPER OF SOULS OT IS GOING TO BE UPLOADED ON TUESDAY NIGHT (European time)

Ladders would be great down the road, but they're not needed at launch or close to launch IMO. You want enough time to deck out your normal hero first. Plus they need to offer some small incentive to participate, something like unique mob affixes or custom transmog items.

I'd honestly prefer ladders in at launch. That way I could start my crusader fresh on the ladder instead of making one on normal and leveling him up partly or to the cap and then redoing it on the ladder. Not that I mind re-rolling but it just seems cleaner to do it this way.

I am concerned about whether or not they will have ladder exclusive sets or incentives like you mention. I'd personally like it but I have a feeling part of the community would cry bloody murder if there were exclusive items not available in normal play. And that Blizzard would bend to that section's wishes.

Wallach

I'd honestly prefer ladders in at launch. That way I could start my crusader fresh on the ladder instead of making one on normal and leveling him up partly or to the cap and then redoing it on the ladder. Not that I mind re-rolling but it just seems cleaner to do it this way.

I am concerned about whether or not they will have ladder exclusive sets or incentives like you mention. I'd personally like it but I have a feeling part of the community would cry bloody murder if there were exclusive items not available in normal play. And that Blizzard would bend to that section's wishes.

Honestly I'm pretty interested to see what their concept for ladders are in D3. Very few of the elements of D2's ladder system would be relevant in the D3 system. The economic dynamic is basically squashed with BoA, creating new heroes does not have the play style incentive it did in D2, and there is now an account-wide leveling system that did not exist which creating heroes in a separate environment stands at odds with. The last bit also puts further pressure on the concept of ladder-exclusive drops.

I've finally hit 60 and have gotten a few paragon levels today. I have a couple legendaries, mostly yellows, but what now? Do I just go on Diablo runs? I'm kind of lost as to how i should find upgrades.

Bradach

I was listening to a great history podcast the other day where the mongols swept across the Middle East looting and pillaging and murdering.
He commented that by the time they reached Eastern Russia they had completely changed their appearance. They now had fine armour and silks from all their looting along the way.
I thought how they probably got some nice legendaries :)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've finally hit 60 and have gotten a few paragon levels today. I have a couple legendaries, mostly yellows, but what now? Do I just go on Diablo runs? I'm kind of lost as to how i should find upgrades.

You can farm wherever you like. My favourite routes are:

Act1: Select the kill Skeleton King quest: Clear all 3 cemeteries (good amount of potential pools) > Fields of Misery (for key warden) > clear Cathedral 3 & 4 > Kill SK

Act2: Select the kill Zultan Kulle quest: Clear Oasis (great density, lots of elite packs, key warden and a couple of events) > Kill Zultan Kulle

Act3: Select the kill Ghom quest: Stonefort (for key warden) > Depths level 2 & 3 > Kill Ghom

I always try to weave in a Warden kill (never been lucky, made so many bloody rings), a boss kill (good XP for 1 minutes work) and a bunch of elite packs.

Make sure you loot/break everything, most of my legendaries have come from chests and breakables.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
A bit slow, but is there a GAF EU community that I can join?
Add me: Yoshichan#2623 and send me a PM. I'll invite you~

THE OFFICIAL THEAD IS DONE!!

Orlandu84

Make sure you loot/break everything, most of my legendaries have come from chests and breakables.

That is how I knew that they had patched Diablo enough for it to be fixed for me. When I too had to loot every chest and break every pot because something useful might drop from them. It took them two years, but I am glad that gameplay came back because I like smashing things!

Yoshichan

DIABLO 3: REAPER OF SOULS OFFICIAL THREAD IS ONLINE IN 5 MINUTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom