• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kssio_Aug

diablo distilled down to it's purest form my friend, 99% pure chance (maybe even a touch beyond that) of getting at least 3 legendaries an hour

involves constantly killing a rare endlessly respawning elite mob, it's going to be hotfixed soon though

And at wich area it can be done?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah they got right on that. I tried doing it this morning, not knowing it was already fixed. Still a decent area to run though, it's very small and usually has 3 elite packs, so it's really quick to farm them. I got a decent Tyrael's Might for my monk, at least. Still have yet to get any of the best weapons/items to drop for any class though, except a pretty good SoJ for my wiz.

Madchad

Any one else having a hard time getting any form of a set item ? Im getting plenty of legendaries though most are garbage. Iv had 0 set items drop for me :/

Any one else having a hard time getting any form of a set item ? Im getting plenty of legendaries though most are garbage. Iv had 0 set items drop for me :/
I've gotten 2 amulets, 1 set item and the rest has been crappy weapons, so yes, 99% of my legendary drops have been weapons, one weap was a high roll thunderfury with a socket so I guess I can't complain.

IlludiumQ36

With the way the new loot system is rolling skill-specific modifiers, we are going to need MORE stash tabs. Projecting out, I might have 4 different chest armors for DH that I would swap based on what particular skill I'm rolling that day. That's gonna chew up space quickly, especially with 5(soon to be 6) characters.

I'm honestly baffled that it hasn't already been addressed.

Nete

We will have another stash tab for RoS. You will fill it with legendary crafting mats tho :p

vTuSYBN.jpg

Totakeke

We will have another stash tab for RoS. You will fill it with legendary crafting mats tho :p

vTuSYBN.jpg

So that's the catch for the increased legendary rates? A bunch of random ingredients where you'll never find the last piece to craft your damn thing.

:p

MrDaravon

Most/all of Set/Legendary level 70 crafts in RoS each individually use a unique mat just for that craft. They all use the usual essences and whatnot as well, but each has a unique mat required as well.

Nete

Jaysus, those are all crafting mats? Mother of god...

All the lower-right brownish area, yep. And there are more than those.

Lower-left are regular crafting mats (level 61-70 versions), upper-left Rift keys, and upper-right level 70 uber keys (and three of their mats).

So that's the catch for the increased legendary rates? A bunch of random ingredients where you'll never find the last piece to craft your damn thing.

:p

Well, at least legendary mats doesn't compete with legendary drops. And most ingredients only drops from one or two unique monsters, so once you know who drops what are pretty easy to farm. Others like Adventurer's Journal or Griswold's Scribblings can drop from several sources, as most of you have already seen in game :p

This is awesome.

mileS

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shouta-1258/hero/3265814

Sledge Fist's stun is fantastic for running around and killing packs, lol.

I understand there will always be leg's that are better than others, but can someone explain to me how the monk can get a fist weapon that has 50% chance to stun, and a helm that has almost the same chance to blind on hit? Can the mobs even do anything at that point? On paper it honestly seems like the most broken combo of gear I've seen yet.

Kssio_Aug

Today I have played something between 3~4 hours and dropped 5 legs, between them, one fulminator with a bit more than1.300dps, but no socket. Still better than the staff I was using before with a Crit gem, so thats is ok.

However all of the other legs were trash, none with res to all! =(
I got a helm that had some nice stats and a socket but no res to all... it sucks how hard is being to me to get this stats at decent gears!

Sigmaah

Oh fuck I got a Kridershot!

678-832 damage
362 dex
458 vit
Element arrow hatered 3

And A SOCKET FUCK YES!
(Unless it always come with a socket lol)

XShagrath

I have a question about legendary plans.

I know that only ones you don't already have drop, but if you sell one on the auction house, is there a potential to be able to get it again later on down the road? Or does it only ever drop once?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I have a question about legendary plans.

I know that only ones you don't already have drop, but if you sell one on the auction house, is there a potential to be able to get it again later on down the road? Or does it only ever drop once?

It can drop again later. It only rules out the ones you've learned.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
So what's the easiest way to grind for legendaries atm ?

Low difficulty - either normal or T1. Raising difficulty only seems to be worthwhile for experience. They've been really quiet about legendary drop chance scaling. Whatever it is, it seems to be very low.

If you can handle higher difficulty at that roflstomp pace, go for it. Just don't try to slog through longer fights.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
fuck these two couple of days

fuck it in the ass

Shouta

I understand there will always be leg's that are better than others, but can someone explain to me how the monk can get a fist weapon that has 50% chance to stun, and a helm that has almost the same chance to blind on hit? Can the mobs even do anything at that point? On paper it honestly seems like the most broken combo of gear I've seen yet.

Well, Monks do have to get into the thick ofi t to kill stuff so the usual suspects can kill them. Stunning them helps soften that.

Dahbomb

There are other weapons in the game with similar effects like Azurewrath which has like a 30% chance to freeze.

Besides its not hard to stun as a Monk. One of their skills stun with a chance of 85% in an AOE. You just need some spirit to spam it which you can build in between stuns.

Higher level enemies has CC scaling so each consecutive CC effect does less and less effect.

Kssio_Aug

Im not using AH to anything atm. Should I use it to buy some stuff (like plans) or should I not worry since the level 70 stuff is still not avaiable?

Also, how much should I worry with Res. to All after the last patch? I'm finding it very hard to drop nice equips with rest. to all. And in the sockets I don't know but it seems to me like a waste not use them to rise our primary stats!

Trickster

Create fresh T6 game with the new character, then join their game as your lvl 60.
Run them through Act 1.

That seems like It'd take forever to kill anything unless you're one of the people with ridiculous gear. I'm currently at 100k dps and it takes me pretty long to kill stuff on just torment 3, let alone 6

edit - Oh you mean let the character that's getting boosted make the game. Well unfortunately he can't create games of that difficulty yet

Kssio_Aug

That seems like It'd take forever to kill anything unless you're one of the people with ridiculous gear. I'm currently at 100k dps and it takes me pretty long to kill stuff on just torment 3, let alone 6

edit - Oh you mean let the character that's getting boosted make the game. Well unfortunately he can't create games of that difficulty yet

Then do the same, but at Master difficulty!
You can clear the area for him much faster then him alone.

However wasnt that technique nerfed? If it doesnt I will ask my friend to help me level up my Monk!

Nete

Make yourself a new char, create the game at T6, invite your friend, make him party leader and switch char without leaving party. It should work.

MrDaravon

Okay, gonna play for a bit with my Barb to try to get a bit of gear, what Barb builds are people running now? Was geared and doing dual-wield WW/HotA pre-patch, was running MP8 with minimal issues so my stuff is okay.

Artanisix

dTBQGfv.png

Found this sexy beast earlier. Pretty funny watching my clones cast HotA for 500k each and groundstomp all my enemies for me. They last for 15-20 seconds and have what feels like a 100% proc rate on stun.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Three piece set Tal'rasha! FUCK YES!

ZenaxPure

Okay, gonna play for a bit with my Barb to try to get a bit of gear, what Barb builds are people running now? Was geared and doing dual-wield WW/HotA pre-patch, was running MP8 with minimal issues so my stuff is okay.

I'm still running dual wield WW/HoTA and it is going fine nowadays. You just need to get some gear for it is all. I changed battle rage for war cry (with the rune that gives 50 fury) and I ditched wotb entirely for overpower. I am also building it around fire because the cindercoat is excellent (which is my main loot goal right now). As a random reference, pre patch my HoTA was critting for around 900k and now it is currently critting for around 1.7 mil on average (this is not taking into account random buffs, SoJ, or ruthlessness where I've seen it crit for 3 million). Overpower is a bit stronger since the fire rune gives it 760% weapon damage. I can crush Torment 3 no problem, but my defenses hold me back from doing anything higher.

Play style wise there is much less of an emphasis on WW (I use it exclusively to run through mobs or in extremely dense packs that aren't placed perfectly for HoTA spam). That said, you can change to all the lightning runes and use WW constantly. That is especially effective with the fulminator (you can get the proc up on every enemy in a group in a matter of seconds). I prefer fire though because the runes all have much higher weapon damage.

I haven't tried out much else really because once I got some fire gear, cooldown reduction, and resource cost reduction WW/HoTA felt fine. I did give the boulder build a try, but, I don't like how it plays.

Ashodin

dTBQGfv.png

Found this sexy beast earlier. Pretty funny watching my clones cast HotA for 500k each and groundstomp all my enemies for me. They last for 15-20 seconds and have what feels like a 100% proc rate on stun.

Says "when you stun an enemy." That's a phrase that means 100%

FACE

Banned
dTBQGfv.png

This would be stupidly OP on my stunlocking monk.

Svafnir

I have been working on my item database to make it more useful. I have gone through and tagged every legendary item (not sets yet) with what they do. Most items have 4-5 tags each.

This means I can filter any legendary by what it does.

Bounty bags - Legendaries that can only be found from Bounty Bags (Adventure mode)

Modify Class Skills - Lists all items that modify how a class skill works.
Modify Barbarian Skill
Modify Crusader Skill
Modify Demon Hunter Skill
Modify Monk Skill
Modify Witch Doctor
Modify Wizard

Immunities - Items that make you immune to an element damage or anything else.

But I can also go really obscure and get stuff like:
Does something on gold pick up
Does something when chest looted
Does something with health globes
Does something if kill an undead enemy
Does something to frozen enemies
Does something when you block
Does something when surrounded by enemies
etc etc

Basically any interaction any legendary item has. Here is another example:

Heal When - Provide a healing effect when a certain "condition" is met.

It's a work in progress, but the idea is you can find any item you want. Got a Fire Monk build and want to know every item that increases Fire Damage, or casts a Fire Spell? Easy. I should be done the system tomorrow, but I thought I would share it for now. I have 439 separate tags, so I need to decide which ones are the most important.... because fitting 439 filters into a drop down menu does not seem "design smart."

Also another point of the database is providing more information the ingame tooltip gives.

The tooltip for Maloth's Focus states that "Enemies occasionally flee at the sight of this staff." my database gives information on how often it can happen and how long the fear lasts. Unfortunately with bind on account, I can't taste every item. So if you guys find any cool items, please test them and tell me how they work :)

Dahbomb

It's a work in progress, but the idea is you can find any item you want. Got a Fire Monk build and want to know every item that increases Fire Damage, or casts a Fire Spell? Easy. I should be done the system tomorrow, but I thought I would share it for now. I have 439 separate tags, so I need to decide which ones are the most important.... because fitting 439 filters into a drop down menu does not seem "design smart."
Yeah this would definitely be helpful.

Like I am a Lightning Monk so I need Legendaries that give +% Lightning Damage. So far I have Odyn Son, Skycutter, Fulminator, Thundergod's Vigor and WKL (I guess Thunderfury also sort of counts). I wonder if there are other Legendary pieces that come with Lightning damage mod. I currently have an Andaerial which has a 15% to Lightning damage.

Svafnir

Yeah this would definitely be helpful.

Like I am a Lightning Monk so I need Legendaries that give +% Lightning Damage. So far I have Odyn Son, Skycutter, Fulminator, Thundergod's Vigor and WKL (I guess Thunderfury also sort of counts). I wonder if there are other Legendary pieces that come with Lightning damage mod. I currently have an Andaerial which has a 15% to Lightning damage.

I haven't made pages for users to access every tag yet. That will be done by tomorrow, but I did a quick search for lightning damage on my admin tool for you.

Lidless Wall
Schaefer's Hammer
Stone of Jordan
Storm Crow - Wizard Only
Eye of the Storm

Just a couple for you. Also you listed Skycutter as an item you have that has lightning damage. Is it pre-patch? Becaue it's Holy Damage now.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Looted an awesome Stormshield tonight. I remember coveting that item back in the early days of pre-nerf Inferno. Crazy how much this game has changed since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom